what a weekend!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2009, 06:36 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had such a crazy weekend, and so much going on!

I went to dinner and a movie with a friend (who is a midwife), and about 1/2way through I went to the bathroom.... and I heard people talking about calling an ambulance, and needing someone who could do CPR in another theatre! I can do CPR, but I immidiatly knew that my friend would be much better qualified, so I RAN and got her, and we went into the theatre. It was so scary! Someone had just started doing CPR, a paramedic. He wasn't even called- he happened to be in the theatre! What a miracle. So we were able to provide backup support if he needed, and we sort of doula'd others. His wife was so scared... and so were people just standing around. I helped people pray, nad made sure there was space, and just focused on sending positive energy and prayers to the man and his wife. Thank G-d he was ok... once the paramedics came they got him going with a defibrulator. And he was ok, thankfully. It was the scariest, most eventful moviegoing experience I've ever had... I've never seen someone so close to the edge of life and death.... I'm so glad he made it, especially for his poor wife's sake. They had been married 47 years. So if you have any prayer- they could certainly still use them.

And.... in less scary news!!! We're MOVING into our HOUSE! Finally!!! We close this wednesday, and we'll be moving in on Saturday! I am so freaking excited, you can't imagine! And rob and I went and splurged yesterday and got some things for our house, new sheets, curtains, some things for the kitchen, etc. It was so fun! We have'nt done that in so long.

January 26th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG that is very scary!! Im glad he is ok!

That is awesome news about your house! I bet yall are so excited. Be sure to share some pics!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
January 26th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
OMG! That is horrible! Well thank goodness you were there! And the paramedic too!

Congrats on your house! That is so exciting!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

January 26th, 2009, 07:37 AM
noworries
How scary. I am so glad the paramedics were able to revive him. Here's hoping that couple has many more happy years together.

Yay for moving into your house...and for splurging on new things for your new house!!
January 26th, 2009, 08:00 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
wow. what a crazy weekend. good thing all the right people were there for that man! wow.

good luck with the house. how exciting!!!!!!!

January 26th, 2009, 08:01 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, how scary! It is amazing that he lived, the statistics on that are TERRIBLE!

Moving is so exciting, a pain in the rear, but worth it in the end.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 26th, 2009, 08:04 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Super exciting news about the house! Yay!!! And congrats!

That is definitely a scary situation to be involved in at the theatre! Hopefully he will recover just fine.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

January 26th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Wow! That would have been super scary! I'm so glad you all three were there to help him. I'm sending lots of T&P to them.

Congratulations on finally closing and moving in! That is soooooo exciting! I'm glad you got some new goods for the house. I wanna see pics!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 26th, 2009, 10:08 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness you were there to help doula the crowd and provide calming support.

YAY on the house! I know this has been a long time coming and there have been so many delays. Can't wait to see pics of your new house after all of your fun painting and decorating. So exciting! Congrats Honey!
January 26th, 2009, 12:57 PM
of course I'll share pics!!! I can't wait. We have lots of work to do first, but I'll post at least a few this weekend!

January 26th, 2009, 01:09 PM
i tried to look up how the man was on the local news wites, but couldn't find anything. I hope he's still doing well.

January 26th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary!!!

Great news about the house though!! How exciting!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
January 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How scary! I can't even imagine having to be in that situation.

I'm so excited for you with the new house! I can't wait to see pictures!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 27th, 2009, 08:24 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wtg on your new house and being such a helpful citizen. What movie were you seeing?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search