Preggie's Check-In

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
How are you feeling? What is new with you? How far along are you now?

I'm 23 weeks and I have my next midwife appointment on February 2nd. There is nothing too exciting going on right now. I'm just enjoying being pregnant and having most of my energy back. There are definitely days I can hardly keep my eyes open but luckily B takes a nap of about 1.5 hours everyday so I try to rest when he does.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 29th, 2009, 05:48 AM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 25 weeks...feeling pretty decent. I'm getting impatient though..lol. I like being pregnant but I want to give birth now! :biggrin: My next appointment is the 11th and it starts my every 2 week apts.
January 29th, 2009, 06:08 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 29 weeks this week.
Feeling better, physically, than I have throughout this entire pregnancy which is a blessing since I have so much to do!
My ribs are sore as all get out - I guess that comes with the healing from cracking them. That's honestly my only complaint right now!
We painted the nursery last weekend and are picking up the crib that I ordered tonight (it just arrived yesterday). I got a really cute bedding set last week on sale for $24.99 for the 4 piece set! I'm so excited!!! It's a cute animal/jungle-ish kinda set. Things are coming together slowly. My best friends are throwing me a baby shower in a few weeks and I'm super excited about that! I feel so lucky to be having a shower. I had one for my first born...9 years ago...but not for my 2nd. We had given all our baby stuff away to friends who needed it over the years, so we're starting from scratch. I'm so very grateful.
I think the kids are really starting to get excited about the baby now, too. DH can hardly stand it, he is sooooo cute!
I finally broke even last week at my check up with all the weight I lost in the beginning, so we'll see how much I gain these next 2 months. My next appointment with the midwives is Feb. 11, I think, haha! It's either the 10th or 11th. I'm going every 2 weeks now....ahhhh! I know these last 2 months are doing to just fly by. I'm still waiting to talk to the other midwife at my next appoint about what the other said at my last appointment about trying to stimulate labor at 38 weeks, so I'll update on that soon!

ETA: Here's me a couple weeks ago! I need to get a newer pic taken bc I've really popped out even more since then. I hate my hair pulled back but it was a lazy day!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

January 29th, 2009, 07:12 AM
BabsMitchell's Avatar Veteran
I'm 31 weeks. I feel great. I have been hungrier these last few weeks than throughout the entire pregnancy. Tonight is our last Bradley Method class. We've made a lot of progress on the nursery, and it should be completed within the next couple of weeks.

Glad you gals are feeling well!

January 29th, 2009, 07:13 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am about 9 weeks now. I say 8 weeks, the midwife decided to go with the LMP which puts me due 1 Sept, charting puts me due 6 Sept. She figures since I went early the last two times it will be fine, if it gets to be a problem of me going late they can always adjust it later.

My firs pre-natal appt is on the 10th. I will get to meet the other mid-wife that day too.

Let's see. I feel sick today, I almost puked on a patient, so I am sitting her eating some pretzels, they seem to help more than crackers. So far I am about even on my weight. I had lost 3 pounds, but now I am fluctuating at about 181, which is fine. I started my last pregnancy at 196, and gained 15 pounds. If i keep my weight gain under 15 again I will weigh less at the end of this pregnancy then I did at the beginning of the last, which is a good thing I think. The midwife was fine with me keeping the weight gain at 10 -15 pounds since i am about 30 pounds overweight. Plus, I need to keep of fhte sugars to make sure I don't grow a big baby. I am not worried about it, but still it doesn't hurt to be healthy.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 29th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
I am 23 weeks and my next appointment is Monday. I have a TON of questions to ask my OB and then based on his responses I will decide whether or not I am going to switch to midwives. I am feeling ok I have been feeling sick to my stomach the last couple of days so I hope my m/s isnt coming back. I have been having a lot of pains in my sides but I think that is from lifting my kids. I can't avoid lifting them though because I take care of them pretty much by myself (DH works a lot). Other than that I cant really complain I am just trying to enjoy this pregnancy and it is flying by!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

January 29th, 2009, 07:26 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
20 weeks here!

Feeling really good, except not sleeping very well, more stress related than anything else, and DH has a cold and snores really loud! LOL. We had our anatomy scan last week and they said 95% sure it is a girl. I am so excited! I did not care either way, but now that I have that it is a girl in my head, I hope they do not change it. I have started feeling baby movements for the past couple of weeks and think it is amazing. It totally blows my mind that I went from no baby movements to feeling it all the time! I must have felt it earlier and chalked it up to gas. I am so in love with my baby. As far as baby stuff, i bought a couple of clothes items, but we went to BRU and got very overwhelmed. I have another appt with the midwives on the 16th and another ultrasound on the 23rd to check the "low lying placenta" and while there, I will ask for another peek at the crotch I have gained a whopping 17-18 lbs, but have been eating well and exercising 4-8 times a week, so I think it is meant to be. I am hungry all the time and it is very hard to restrict my food, well, not restrict, but not over eat. My weight gains seem to coincide with baby growth spurts, so I am not too worried.

Here is my 19 week belly pic:

January 29th, 2009, 07:36 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Meredith, you look like you were thin to start with, so you need to gain some weight. Me? Not so much since I am quite fluffy!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 29th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 23 weeks, and my next appointment is on Tuesday. So far I've gained 10 lbs. The only thing I've got to complain about is my back! I think it has something to do with the classes I'm taking, and how heavy my books are. But so far everything is going great, and it's been flying by!

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

January 29th, 2009, 07:50 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
39 weeks today

I am in the home stretch now and feel it. I feel good except for my BP being high is causing me to be really tired if I am not laying down and it's hard to feel like I can catch my breath now-a-days. My next appointment is tomorrow morning. I have a feeling I am 1 1/2cm. Possibly still one. He feels really low today and I feel like he is putting pressure down there now, so maybe he is starting to get ready?

I feel like I am TTC and in the TWW :biggrin: I even POAS for fun today! I am BORED...LOL

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

January 29th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Kellie and I'm almost 19 weeks. Our BIG ultrasound is tomorrow and our next midwife appointment is next Thursday.

I can barely sleep, and I'm hungry and tired all the time, but nothing too bad. Can't complain.

January 29th, 2009, 08:52 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I will be 28 weeks on Saturday. I'm starting my 2wk appointments now the next one being on the 11th.
I'm having a hard time catching my breath sometimes when I am cleaning or climbing the stairs now, but other than that and having the fatigue coming back to hit me since I am starting into the 3rd trimester, I feel great. I have no idea how much weight that I have gained since the midwives don't require that we keep track at my BC, but I think that the next time that I go in I will check my weight just because I am curious. I had my GD blood draw at my appointment on Monday.

I can't believe that I'm in the last three months of this pregnancy already! It seems like just a week ago I was finding out that I was preggie again!

I'll have to get a new belly pic to show you ladies. I don't have a camera right now so that makes it kinda hard for me to keep up to date with that.

January 29th, 2009, 08:54 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hi Kellie!!! Good luck at your ultrasound.
Bobbie-- i am so excited for you!

Meghan- i used to run A LOT prior to getting pregnant, so i am also sure my body packed on the pounds because it felt so "inactive" in comparison I am okay gaining 35-45 lbs, that is what the midwife said to aim for.

January 29th, 2009, 09:12 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 17 weeks already (it's really flying by) and I'm feeling pretty good. Like Cindy, I have a 15-month-old to chase around, so I am pretty bushed by the end of the day.

Baby is growing...I am huge. Even my midwife said she thinks I'm measuring pretty big Since Cassidy was 7.10 (born at 37w 4d gestation) I'm hoping this doesn't mean I'm having a huge baby! Maybe it's twins (LOL)

Anyway, my next midwife appointment is 2/13, and my big ultrasound is 2/17, though we won't be finding out the sex. Surprise baby for us! (I have no maternal instinct about what it is yet, either)

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

January 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
glad to see some of my fellow July 09 girls in here!!!! YAY!!!

Anyways, I am almost 17 weeks now. It's flying by in comparrison to my first pregnancy. No complaints here really. Its going fairly well. HEart burn started today.. I have to find my TUMS!!! Grr... I don't know what I did with them! lol
I have gained 8 pounds already... probably more as my next mw appointment is in less then 2 weeks lol. I go in on the 12th. Not sure when the ultrasound is, she usually does them between 18-20 weeks if you want it. UMMM I want it!!!! lol

This is me at 4-13 weeks and me at 16 weeks

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

January 29th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 30 weeks 1 day and can't complain too much (maybe just a little). Other than nausea (my constant companion) and feeling the fatigue coming back I am doing very well. One more week until I travel to Michigan for my baby shower and then I can finally start nesting. I also just got some nice tax refunds so I am feeling financially ready for baby now.
January 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Super Mommy
I'm 29 weeks today. Feeling pretty decent. Just tired if I work too hard at work.
I'm still reading up on VBAC and natural childbirth and waiting for the childbirth class in Feb.

January 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love the belly pics, you all are so cute! As much as I dislike the newborn days sometimes, you make me want another one already!

Expecting baby #4!

January 30th, 2009, 01:17 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im 25 weeks today! I see we have a few of us from the May 09 DDC here!!
Still getting m/s and this wee man has decided to sit on a nerve in my back amounting to a LOT of pain and discomfort!
Anyway next midwife appt is Monday

January 30th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Wow just about everyone is sooo far along, I can't wait till I'm up there I am only 4 Weeks and 5 Days, and so far not having a lot going on. Been kind of emotional, really fatigued, (TMI) constipated, getting faintly dizzy when I stand up, and I get these light twinges in my abdomen which I'm guessing to be ligament stretching or something. No morning sickness really just yet *knock on wood* but it's still very early. I have my consultation with a midwife on February 11th and I can't wait!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search