TGIF!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Do you have any plans for this weekend? Are you going to watch the Superbowl? If so, who are you rooting for?

I'm so happy it's Friday but I've been super slacking today. I really need to get my house clean because we are having a couple over for dinner and unfortunately, I've been so tired and moody today I don't feel like doing anything but sitting on my butt. We are watching the Superbowl, if I can stay awake anyway, lol....

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 30th, 2009, 10:24 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Busy weekend ahead. We might have brunch plans in the morning, followed by my acupuncture appointment at 2:00p. Straight from there we head to some friends house in the North Bay for their housewarming party. It will be at this party that I will meet DH's ex-wife, who is in town from Hawaii and invited to the same party. YIKES!

Sunday is Superbowl at a friends house, a tradition for the past 3 years. We are bringing food, Stefan's making his spicy wings and I'll bring my old Superbowl tradition of layered bean dip.

Oh, and we're rooting for the Steelers! Stef's dad now lives in Pittsburgh and our soon to be new stepmom is a HUGE Steelers fan. It's a big deal to root for the Steelers since if they win they will have more Superbowl titles than the 49ers. But family loyalty wins over local pride. Besides, there's no way the Cardinals can win! Steelers would never live that down.
January 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
noworries
Tomorrow we will be going out to celebrate DH's birthday (his birthday was on the 26th but we're celebrating tomorrow). Then, on Sunday, we have a few friends coming over to watch the superbowl....I don't care who wins. If it's not the Colts it doesn't matter to me.
January 30th, 2009, 11:01 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Shauna, you have to post later in the weekend and tell us about meeting the ex.

We don't have any plans tonight. Tomorrow our main plan is to attend an ice skating party for Camp CARE, Cancer Aint Really the End. It's the local organization I'm involved with for kids with cancer. I love the monthly events to keep up with all the kiddos, and see how everyone is doing.
Superbowl we will watch with a bunch of friends at one of their homes. I'm making keylime cheesecake and buffalo chicken wing dip. I've already told my husband he is driving, b/c I can't wait to have a couple of Yuenglings. How many can I have without it affecting Drake?

Come visit my blog!
January 30th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DF and I are going out for sushi and drinks tonight, then tomorrow we're heading to my mom's house really early. She lives in Tampa and since the Superbowl is there and we have tons of friends there we will be going out to a lot of parties and events through out the weekend. It's supposed to be pretty wild! I don't really care who wins. I'm a huge Colt's fan, so unless it's them I could care less. It's too bad they didn't make the superbowl this year. We went a few years ago in Miami and had the time of our lives. We got to participate in the brunch, go on the team buses, hang out on the field after the game, and then go to all the great parties after the game. Truly a once in a life time experience....although I was hoping for twice!

Shauna - Can't wait to hear about how the meeting of the ex-wife goes!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Shauna - Can't wait to hear about how the meeting of the ex-wife goes![/b]
I know! I escaped having to meet her 2 weeks ago. But I can't not go to our friends Housewarming party. So I'll just have to deal with it. I'm nervous. I just don't want to not feel like the real me or have to push myself to feel comfortable, and thus making me look like a complete dork.

Btw, I've decided to go shopping after work for a cute new shirt to wear. Maybe it will help me feel confident.
January 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Shopping is definitely a plus!!!!! Hopefully you and the EX can keep your distance and you wont have to spend much time with her. I'm sure it will probably be just as awkward for her! Good luck!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 30th, 2009, 04:11 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
new clothes definatly help with the confidence! good luck, I'm sure it'll go ok.

We're packing, unpacking and moving all weekend- I doubt we'll do anything for the game- we don't really care, and I do not like football, so whatev, and we have far too much to do to waste 4 hours.

and I have internet at my house now, so I can talk to you gals too!

January 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
The weird thing is I know her and her husband are having difficulty conceiving too. I can just see us creating some strange bond over TTC/Birth. Aagh, maybe that's the best thing that could happen. We'll see.
January 31st, 2009, 02:29 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Nikki, you can have a few, drink them slowly and enjoy them! If you don't feel tipsy it's ok for him.

link

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search