24 Weeks!!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Time seems to be flying by with pregnancy! I can't believe I'm already 24 weeks. It seems like yesterday I was peeing on OPK's just hoping I'd ovulate in the next month or two. Now I have a little man inside me kicking and rolling around and it's just amazing. I am so lucky to have you all as my friends and I'm so blessed to share this with you. During my last pregnancy I spent most of my time in my DDC but this time I really feel like I've found my home. I know the ladies in my DDC are sweet but you guys GET me, kwim? I have a midwife appointment today and I'm super excited to hear his heartbeat again. I'll let you know how it goes when I get home this afternoon.

Where is the time going?!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 2nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
hehe. Congrats on making it to 24 weeks. Sometimes it feels like time is flying and other times, not so much. We really have done NOTHING for the baby yet and I know we need to, cause time will REALLY start to fly in the next few months. I like my DDC overall, but you gals are definitely more like me than many of them are. Have a good appointment!

February 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh, it sure has flown right on by! I remember the day you told us all you were pregnant!
So excited for you though, you're really moving right along now!!!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

February 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I can't believe that you are 24 weeks already either!! Of course I can't believe that I am 28 weeks now either. Before we know it we are both going to be moms of 2!!

February 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
thats so exciting!!!!!!! Grow baby grow!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

February 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Hun, I can't believe you're 24 weeks already either. I'm so happy for you!
February 2nd, 2009, 12:44 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you have an awesome appt.

At this point I don't feel like I will ever make it to 24 weeks!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
The appointment today was FANTASTIC!!! I love, love, love the midwife I had today. It was my first time meeting her and I so hope she's the one that is there when I deliver. I mean, they are all super nice, but this midwife made me feel like I could talk to her about anything. She's also been there the longest, like 28 years or something like that, so I guess she's really got some great experiences. She said she had both of her babies at home and that made me love her even more. I'm so excited!!! The baby's heart rate was 147 and my uterus measured at 23.5 weeks. I've gained a total of about 6 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight, or 13 from the beginning of this pregnancy (since I lost some in the first trimester). She said it's a little low but doesn't doubt I'll put it on later in the pregnancy, just like I did with Bryson. I have the gestational diabetes test at my next appointment and then I start going every two weeks. It's crazy! I also told her about my resistance to novacaine and she said they'd try to figure out something else to help numb me if I should tear again, which she said is not a guarantee of course, but just in case. I hope they can think of something because being stitched up and feeling it all is soooo not fun, lol.

February 3rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like an awesome appointment!! Maybe you wont even tear this time! I bet you wont. I metabolize anesthesia very quickly. The dentist told me that last time they put the lidocaine in my gums that she has never had to use that much on someone. And I had surgery on my hand one time and woke up in the middle.... talk about pain....

But Im really excited for you and I cant believe you are already halfway done!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
February 3rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Ouch Sarah! I can't believe you woke up in the middle of surgery! That must have REALLY sucked, lol. I've always had a bit of a resistance to novacaine but didn't realize just how much until I had a LEEP procedure done back in 2005. After being given an excruciating shot in my cervix 5 times they had to go one with the surgery. I could feel almost all of it and I nearly passed out. It was awful! Then when B was born they gave me tons of shots to numb me but I could still feel everything so I just told them to go on stitching me up because I wasn't sure which hurt worse, the shots or the stitching.

February 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
24 weeks, that is insane!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search