Monday Moans

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2009, 07:36 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Do you have anything to moan and groan about today? What's on your mind? Let it all out! :biggrin:

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 2nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
My sweet and innocent newborn screams everytime I put him down; time to break out the Moby.

Come visit my blog!
February 2nd, 2009, 07:46 AM
Quote:
My sweet and innocent newborn screams everytime I put him down; time to break out the Moby.[/b]
Awww! Yeah, the sling was my best friend during those times too. I was able to make all of Thanksgiving lunch with B is his sling. He slept through the whole thing and it was great!

February 2nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I have not slept more than 4 hours a night in WEEKS. I think i *may* have to take a unisom tonight or i may keel over at work tomorrow I really hate taking anything, but this is getting critical. Half of it is DH's fault, though not all. ugh.

I think about food 24/7. It is really bad. I wake up in the middle of the night hungry and lay there listening to my tummy growling. I am eating A LOT too. And I have made sure in the past two weeks to eat high protein to keep me full. Lots of beans, fruit and veggies. ugh. I am going to get a big veggie burrito for lunch i think

February 2nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I am probably replying to this thread at the wrong time, but I am just about to cry!!!
I went to my regular family doc. this morning because I have been battling a cough for nearly a month now and last week my left ear started bothering me...it was stuffed up and this weekend it started hurting a little bit. Then my glands on the left side started to get a little sore. At my last appt. with my midwife she told me to try Robitussin DM and she thought I was suffering from cracked ribs because of the pain I was experiencing in my right ribs from all the coughing, we thought.
Well, it turns out I have an ear and upper respiratory infection AND pleurisy! I am so upset right now. I can't belive I'm so sick for the 2nd time this pregnancy. I am OVER IT!!!!!! Of course, they can't treat the pleurisy while I'm pregnant, so she told me to rest a lot and drink lots and lots of fluids - more than usual. Joy....because I already spend most of my days in the restroom! They prescribed me Omnicef for the infections because I am allergic to Pennicillin. This is what they had prescribed me back in the beginning of the pregnancy when I had the sinus infection and respiratory stuff. It gives me terrible diahrhea (sorry TMI) but seems to work well, but I'm not happy about being on antibiotics again. There's nothing really to do but cope with the pain from the pleurisy and hopefully it will clear up soon. I can't cough, breathe deep or move off the sofa or bed without crying out in pain right now. Waaah.
So this is my Monday Moan. I guess I'll just lay here with the laptop, watch tv and drink my water. What a whiner I'm being today!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

February 2nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
For once I actually don't have anything to whine about. I had a nice weekend and Nicholas slept for 11 hours in his own bed last night. I get to go out to dinner with my dad, his fiance, and my sisters and DH is going to watch Nicholas tonight.

But I sincerely hope that your days get better as the day goes on!! *hugs*

February 2nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
sillyp- hope you feel better soon.

The only complaint I really have is that I don't know when my big ultrasound will be. Thats all lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

February 2nd, 2009, 10:50 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No big moans. The potential one had to do with meeting DH's ex wife on Saturday. But it was fine. Awkward a bit, yes. But not badly uncomfortable. I was mostly worried about getting emotional and that didn't happen. Everyone just smiled and ignored the big elephant in the room.

A great thing that came out of it....Stef had a chance to talk to her alone and realized that she is very much the same person she was 5 years ago. This really upset him. He had romanticized that their experience would have pushed her to grow as a human being. But he saw the same immature, non-confident woman she was then. That she hadn't grown from the normal passage of time in general, let alone a huge experience like they went through. It was nice for me to know that my husband never had a thought of "if she was this person then we could have worked out."

Sadly for my DH, he's realizing that the steps she took to leave him because of his alcoholism really weren't so lofty. I have always sensed that she wanted out and his alcoholism was a convenient way to leave with less guilt. Now he's realizing that her actions were more about her and not about any true concern for his well-being.

All in all it went well. But I'm still VERY thankful she lives in Hawaii and I won't be seeing her again anytime soon.
February 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
DS woke up WAY too early this morning crying and would not go back to sleep or let me leave the room. I was so exhausted I just laid on the floor in his room and went back to sleep while he played in his crib. He was VERY cranky until nap time which is always fun and my side hurts from laying on the floor. Then on the way back from my appointment this morning I spilled coffee all over my car, it literally went everywhere and I cried. When I got home I walked into a destroyed house- toys and crap everywhere, and DH never changed DD into her underwear so she was wearing the same diaper from last night . But once they had lunch and I cleaned up I felt a little better. And now DS is sleeping and DD is playing with playdough so I get a small break.

Oh and DH is having knee surgery tomorrow and he is a huge baby lol...
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

February 2nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
sillyp- omg, feel better soon!

Melissa-- men are HUGE babies. good luck with his surgery.

February 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope everyone's day gets better! At least it's finally almost over.

My biggest moan is that AF still hasn't shown. Otherwise, I'm doing okay. Work is really busy and we are under a hiring freeze so I can't even hire someone else to help me! I'm short two people so I'm doing the job of three people in 40 hours....or trying to at least!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
February 2nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just beat! And tomorrow I am so busy- I have class, a prenatal with a client, the birth center orientation, nad a consultation with another prospective client. plus i have 2 clients due, a paper due on friday, and I'm in dire need of unpacking. I did have a productive (albeit long) day. thank goodness.

February 3rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Okay, I am probably replying to this thread at the wrong time, but I am just about to cry!!!
I went to my regular family doc. this morning because I have been battling a cough for nearly a month now and last week my left ear started bothering me...it was stuffed up and this weekend it started hurting a little bit. Then my glands on the left side started to get a little sore. At my last appt. with my midwife she told me to try Robitussin DM and she thought I was suffering from cracked ribs because of the pain I was experiencing in my right ribs from all the coughing, we thought.
Well, it turns out I have an ear and upper respiratory infection AND pleurisy! I am so upset right now. I can't belive I'm so sick for the 2nd time this pregnancy. I am OVER IT!!!!!! Of course, they can't treat the pleurisy while I'm pregnant, so she told me to rest a lot and drink lots and lots of fluids - more than usual. Joy....because I already spend most of my days in the restroom! They prescribed me Omnicef for the infections because I am allergic to Pennicillin. This is what they had prescribed me back in the beginning of the pregnancy when I had the sinus infection and respiratory stuff. It gives me terrible diahrhea (sorry TMI) but seems to work well, but I'm not happy about being on antibiotics again. There's nothing really to do but cope with the pain from the pleurisy and hopefully it will clear up soon. I can't cough, breathe deep or move off the sofa or bed without crying out in pain right now. Waaah.
So this is my Monday Moan. I guess I'll just lay here with the laptop, watch tv and drink my water. What a whiner I'm being today![/b]
I'm so sorry you are going through all this Patience. I hope you are feeling better soon. *BIG HUGS*

February 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I'm just frustrated and feel like I'm NEVER going to ovulate. I know it's way early to think that, but I am...

but at least my girls are being good (other than falling off a 2 foot high box flat on her face), and my new embroidery machine is cool.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 3rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
Kelli, so sorry it's so frustrating. Your tests are looking good so I'm sure it will happen soon.

Can't wait to see the designs of your new embroidery machine!
February 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
OMG Patience, how awful!! Does this mean your ribs are not actually cracked?

I don't even know what pleurisy is? I'm dumb.
February 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
OMG Patience, how awful!! Does this mean your ribs are not actually cracked?

I don't even know what pleurisy is? I'm dumb.[/b]
That would be correct...they're not cracked. Thankfully??? I think???
Pleurisy is inflammation and fluid build up in the lining on the lungs between the ribs. Usually its smooth, not inflammed, and slides around really nice and you don't feel anything. When it's inflammed you have pain from the friction and pressure from any fluid build up.
So basically anytime I take a deep breath, cough or move my upper body I have pain in the right rib cage right under my breast. It really sucks! I'm quite tolerant of pain and won't complain when ill, which is probably how I ended up this bad off dealing with the cough for so long. When I talked to my midwife about it she seemed confident the ribs were cracked and I took the robitussin like she said. Uggh.

I'm just hoping these antibiotics kick in and I start feeling better by the end of the week.

Thanks for all the concern and thinking of me ladies!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

February 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Patience, that sounds awful! I hope the antibiotics kick in soon and you are feeling better. Not a fun way to enjoy your pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search