Labor Clothes

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
What did you wear while you were in labor? Gown, pants, shorts, etc? I am allowed to wear my own clothes this time and I'm not sure what I should get. Also I am allowed to use the shower while in labor, what should I wear while in the shower (I'm not a huge fan of being completely nude lol).
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

March 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to make myself a birth skirt like the binsi ones. Maybe two - one for wet and one for dry. I'll probably just wear it with a tank top.

March 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wore the hospital gown. I only showered once. I didn't want to walk around. i stayed in bed the whole time pretty much. But when I did shower, I was naked with the door closed and then they gave me a new clean gown for when I was pushing.

March 10th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
pretty much just wore a sports bra and nothing else.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 10th, 2009, 01:13 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Even though we have private birthing suites at the Birth Center, I am not comfortable being completely naked. I will probably have some large nightgown and some oversized tee shirts that will cover me. I figure I can go to Walmart or Target and buy a bunch for like $5 each I was at the ER when I was 11 weeks pregnant and had to wear a gown, OMG, i do not know how anyone feels comfortable in those things. I am not sure if the birth center provides you with anything, we have not had our birthing class yet. I will probably also wear a sports bra.

March 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I went in wearing PJ pants and a tanktop. Once I got into the tub, I ended up in just a tanktop, and wrapped a towel around myself when out of the tub.

Expecting baby #4!

March 10th, 2009, 03:02 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with Phelix, it was normal clothes until I got to the birthing unit, then I changed into a bikini top/pants for the birthing pool, until I was almost ready to give birth.
With Noah i wore normal clothes then changed into a hospital gown when I got to the hospital.

March 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been naked for all of my births, this time a may wear a oversized t shirt, because I would like some pictures of my birth this time.
March 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am thinking about wearing my bella band around my boobs in the tub nothing on the bottom... then I can put a towel on and get out of the tub then wear a hospital gown. I am bringing a sweat jacket over my hospital gown for when people visit.

But I'm not sure yet.
March 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
I was butt naked once I got to the birth center and got in the tub and could've really cared less. Since I'll be at a birth center in a hospital this time, I'm bringing a sports bra, bath robe, and long zip up night gown that I can take on and off when getting out of the tub... between those things I should manage to stay comfortable.
March 14th, 2009, 06:25 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
I was butt naked once I got to the birth center and got in the tub and could've really cared less. Since I'll be at a birth center in a hospital this time, I'm bringing a sports bra, bath robe, and long zip up night gown that I can take on and off when getting out of the tub... between those things I should manage to stay comfortable.
March 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I've been thinking about this, the last two times I've been at a hospital and they've INSISTED I wear the stupid gown although I kept my undies on and wow it pissed the nurse off when she came in but good grief I'm not strolling the halls with no undies! This time I can wear whatever I want. I'm not real comfy just going naked or with a bra, even though it's just family and the midwife I'd rather keep my goods covered lol. I really like that skirt idea! I might have to get something like that with my sports bra.

Facebook
March 14th, 2009, 08:35 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow, how did I miss this before?

I still can't believe how complacent I was at the time and I put the gown on! So totally unlike me. It sucked, so I don't recommend it. Afterward I changed into a nightgown thing I brought. It is pretty bulky with all the padding you have to wear for the first day, so don't plan on wearing anything on bottom you want to wear again. I bought some grannie panties for recovery, I'm glad I did.

Luckily we got out of dodge the day after so we only had to spend one actual night there. Talk about uncomfortable in every way.

Last edited by moon~maiden; March 14th, 2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling
March 15th, 2009, 06:26 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the BINSI things!!! THANKS for sharing that link. I think I will get one or two of those (or find some type of knock off of it) and a sports bra. Plus a little cover/jacket thing for visitors.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search