Really??

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Veteran
Of my last three births, one was natural and the other two were inductions. The first induction was accomplished by the rupture of the membranes. All in all not a terrible labor experience but let's not go into what happened for the birth (or look in the home birth forum). I don't want to go there! With Evy I was induced with pitocin. In all four of my pregnancies I have done it without pain relief of any kind and I almost didn't make it with Evy. I was about to ask for the epi when I felt the urge to push and she was born about twenty minutes after that (thank God!).

I am currently TTC and am planning on having an unattended pregnancy and an unassisted home birth this time around. The previous three pregnancies were (mostly) unattended and I only saw a doctor when it became medically necessary for me to do so (because I thought that I was going into early labor and I honestly can't remember why I went to the doctor with my third baby...).

This time around it's a decision rather than being something necessary due to lack of health insurance (which is currently available to me).

I have done so much research on all of this over the past few years that I feel sometimes as though my head could explode. I do NOT understand how anyone would want to induce for non-medically necessary reasons!

BTW, had we NOT induced, Evy would NOT have survived. The decision with her was the right one, but still frightening and traumatic!

Thanks to MommaTrish for the Siggy!

March 15th, 2009, 08:19 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And many women probably get their information watching these shows and now swear by pitocin so they don't die while having their baby.

March 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Veteran
People give doctors too much credit with childbirth! Ugh!

Thanks to MommaTrish for the Siggy!

March 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally don't care who catches the baby as long as it doesn't land on the floor! I am the one who delivers it, it makes no difference to me who is there. Maybe I am weird. I would rather have someone I know isn't goig to push interventions, etc. But as far as who is there, blech!

I saw a practice of two doctors last time and they were both jerks, so I picked a bad place and had to fight the entire time. Their office was always packed, and there were no less than 10 pregnant women in the waiting room all the time.

Now, I am seeing a midwifery group. They don't take more than 5-6 patients a month. I know I will be in good hands with either of them. I know I will have constant care and they will be with me during my entir elabor. No running to different hospitals, or having a resident take care of me while thye stay home in bed. Of course an OB would never limit their practice like that!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search