MIA but back now!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2009, 06:40 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry ladies I vanished from the face of the earth there for a little bit. My computer crashed and I needed a new hard drive. Anyway I am back now! I just hit my half way mark!!!!! (21 weeks well in a couple hours at least LOL). I'm doing great and feeling great! I am in the philippines still, and looks like I will be for a couple more weeks. I am doing hypnobabies (well I haven't started the home study but I am doing the affirmations daily!). Anyway just wanted to give you all an update!
oh also I need some help..... shopping list time!
I need suggestions for red leaf teas, nipple creams, EPO, oral vit K for baby, and what ever else I may need for labor naturally. Things to help my cervix soften, start labor (just in case I go late if I don't someone will get them from me!), help with milk, help with BF, anything you can think of. Just give me names (bonus for links!).

oh and updated belly pictures!!!---- http://www.justmommies.com/forums/sh....php?t=1392884 (Our little bug! updated 6/29)

Last edited by soImarriedAnerd; March 15th, 2009 at 06:45 AM.
March 15th, 2009, 07:16 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to see you're back! I hate computer problems!!!
Woo hoo for 21 weeks!!! SO EXCITING!!!

You look fabulous!

This is the RRL tea I have started drinking as of last week...
http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com...eas/product/31

This is another I have drank in the past with my DD...
http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com...eas/product/30

We have an awesome natural foods/nutrition store near my office and I get my EPO there, too. I just buy the organic brands that the store owner suggests. I love that it's a small privately owned store because she knows about every product she carries and is super helpful whenver I go in looking for things.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

Last edited by sillyp; March 15th, 2009 at 07:21 AM.
March 15th, 2009, 07:33 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
welcome back Angela, we missed you!
March 15th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back!! You look awesome!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
March 15th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
welcome back! you look great! I drank the same red raspberry leaf tea that sillyp is drinking! I am curious about the EPO and how you use and it stuff too!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

March 15th, 2009, 09:28 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hi!!! Welcome back. Where do you go after the Phillippines? I have no advice for you as I am a newbie as well, but all the ladies here always have great advice Glad you and the baby are doing well!

March 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I drank the same tea during my pregnancy and also this one: http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/pr...20Tea(Box).php

Both websites also have a breastfeeding tea, which always gave me a boost in my supply. Also, pop into the breastfeeding board and check out the Monster Cookies and Other Oatmeal Recipes sticky. Oatmeal helps boost supply in many woman, and even if you don't need it, it makes you feel good to see your supply increase.
Lansinoh is a great nipple cream for breastfeeding.

I bought my EPO from Target, and also used an exercise ball a bit in the end of the pregnancy.

March 15th, 2009, 11:37 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
Hi!!! Welcome back. Where do you go after the Phillippines? I have no advice for you as I am a newbie as well, but all the ladies here always have great advice Glad you and the baby are doing well!
Not sure where to after the philippines. We usually only get a couple days notice of new locations. I DO know that we will be in the states by July 1st, because I can't fly after 36 weeks....so it will be chicago-land from then till baby gets its passport (i think that takes 2-4 weeks post birth). Its been years since I lived in the states for more then a month!

Thanks for the info ladies!!!
March 16th, 2009, 05:45 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Traditionalmedicinals has wonderful teas- their mother's milk tea is really good.

The baby book by Dr sears is a good book to get, as is the nursing mother's companion (higguns I think)

EPO- it's good to get a good one from a health food store, and I prefer organic. if you want to order then this one is good: http://www.naturalhealthshoppe.com/i...ROD&ProdID=926

You shouldn't take it till 36 weeks though- so you could just wait till you're in chicago to get it.

March 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back Angela! I can't believe how tiny you are still! You are in incredible shape.
March 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome back Angela! We've missed you! I'm glad you'll be back in the states soon. I agree with the other suggestions and I'm sure those will work out well for you.

How are you feeling otherwise? You look great!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search