Off topic - Square feet in apartments...?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2009, 07:01 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Mike and I are looking to move into our own place soon now that he found his full time job (Thank you Lord!) and the one we will be able to afford says it's 525-626 square feet.. of course those also have a difference in price and we will probably only be able to afford the 525sq ft apartment..

Well my question is, can someone tell me or even better show me what that space looks like?? Do you think two adults and two babies can share that kind of space?? My mom and I have lived in this one bedroom apartment for upwards of 12 years but she had to have her bedroom in the 'dining room' area. Obviously Mike and I would do this with say a fouton in the living room and then put the babies in the bedroom, but I know we can't do that for very long happily =\ We aren't doing anything conclusive until we have firsts lasts and the deposit saved, it's just depressing and it gives the apartments the idea that we can move right away, kwim? So if anyone has photos of what this might look like or can give me some kind of visual picture that would be awesome

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com

Last edited by ^RaineDrop^; April 11th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.
April 11th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our apartment was 625 and we thought it was decent sized for just us, but incredibly small for adding on to the family. It was a one bedroom, and the bedroom just seemed too small for all of our stuff, plus a crib and all the baby's stuff. I don't mean to discourage you, but I hope it helps!

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

April 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I agree that might be a tight space for 4. I know the room I'm living in right now is around 300 sq feet and its enough room to comfortably fit my bed, two dressers, a desk, a medium sized couch, chair, and tv. I'm not really sure where the baby's stuff is going yet... but we'll make room somehow when we need to. But it really would depend how the place is set up, too (part of the reason I cant fit more stuff in is the amount of doors in this place... one wall has 3 doors on it, plus there is another door on another wall... so that kinda limits where we can put stuff). Congrats on your DH's job and best of luck finding a place!!

April 11th, 2009, 10:22 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thinks it very doable, if you don't buy all the fluffy extra stuff for baby/kids. But then I live in a hotel rooms and plan on having a kid in it for at least 1.5 yrs! LOL. (but then talk to me when I actually HAVE the kid HAHAHA)
April 11th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Moore View Post
Our apartment was 625 and we thought it was decent sized for just us, but incredibly small for adding on to the family. It was a one bedroom, and the bedroom just seemed too small for all of our stuff, plus a crib and all the baby's stuff. I don't mean to discourage you, but I hope it helps!
I think it would be really hard to fit a family of four, comfortably in that size apartment. Also, look into the regulations. Many places have regulations as to how many people you can have living in a one bedroom apartment, even if there are two little ones. Good luck. Maybe you can find some place that is offering discounts and can get a two bedroom.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
April 12th, 2009, 10:39 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I have no idea, wish I could help you more. You will make do with what you have to though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search