Do I have some built in fear...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Of delivering at home? Lately I've been having some crazy dreams about not making it to the center in time. I remember my dreams soo well, and these have been soo real, I wake up sweating lol. One I was having contractions and decided it was the real thing so I wanted to get showered and ready before I called anyone (sounds like something I would do). I'm in the shower and suddenly I start feeling this horrible pressure/pain and have to squat down cause it hurts soo bad and.... baby's head pops out, promptly followed by the rest of his body. I'm sitting in the shower at this point with all this nasty stuff and a baby in my arms. My DS is sleeping on the couch so I'm trying to be quiet and I carry the baby -- still attached with the cord dangling between my legs to the kitchen to get the phone to call 911. I'm freaking out, not because I just gave birth but because my carpet is getting dirty LOL. They get there and get us all into the ambulance and into the hospital. Finally I call DH and tell him he needs to get Joe from school and come to the hospital and then I'm fighting with the nurses/doctors because they want me to get all hooked up to IV's and stay for a week and I'm like oh hellllll no I am not staying here! Dh shows up, I'm still fighting with the doctors/nurses and.... my alarm goes off lol. Another one all I can remember is me sitting in the middle of my kitchen in a big puddle of fluids with a baby in my arms and then I woke up...
I think I should quit watching those shows on tv about delivering at home or in the car, they're having an affect on my brain lol.

Facebook
April 13th, 2009, 11:55 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It doesn't sound like fear at all. It sounds like a wishful thinking type thing to me. Like that is what you REALLY want to do, not somehting you are afraid is going to happen

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
April 13th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds like a pretty good birth to me.
April 13th, 2009, 06:47 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablepearl View Post
It doesn't sound like fear at all. It sounds like a wishful thinking type thing to me. Like that is what you REALLY want to do, not somehting you are afraid is going to happen
I thought the same thing!
April 13th, 2009, 06:48 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
dreams are nuts! I always have wacko dreams and try to figure out what they mean. It really does sound like a pretty good birth though, when you get right down to it!
April 13th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
That's true, I really wouldn't object to it going that fast and smoothly... maybe it is wishful thinking leading me to these dreams!

Facebook
April 14th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I agree, it sounds like secret wishes coming out in your dreams. Wow, I would love a birth like your shower dream! Fun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search