Hypno-birthing

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am new to the pregnancy scene and have been contemplating NCB.

I have been looking in different methods and hope to make my stay here to learn about different ways because I am terrified of epidural or c-sections.

Has anyone done hypno-birthing???
April 13th, 2009, 11:37 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing Hypnobabies (its a type of hypnobirthing). I do the affirmations stuff now and start my home study in just a couple weeks! I haven't met anyone who has used it and not had a NCB (some inductions but no pain meds). Then there is the Morgan Method...I have only known 2 people to use it successfully.
April 14th, 2009, 05:01 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I recently started the hypnobabies home study as well I am also reading a lot on NCB and have a doula.

April 14th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I used HypnoBabies for mt NCB VBA2C last year. It was awesome. Here is a link to my birth story. They left out the last paragraph where I talk about lookin back, and realizing just how much of the hypnobabies stuff IU really did use, and about my family being amazed by how I could so easily go in and oout f self hypnosis through it all. If you navigate away from that page, there is are several pages of hypnobabies birth stories. I would read them all the time for motivation. There is no doubt that I will do it again with my next baby. It's one of the things I'm most excited about when I think about being pregnant again.

I did some research when I first learned about hypnosis and labor. I decided that hypnobabies was the better of the programs, for me. It seemed more complete, and it was a process I learned to do on my own, rather than having to listen to scripts to make it happen.

Good luck!!

My Ovulation Chart

April 14th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm also doing the hypnobabies program, and so far I love it! But if you're interested in it, make sure you have time every day to practice. It's a little bit demanding near the end, but it's do-able if you can get time to yourself without any disruptions.

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

April 14th, 2009, 11:18 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did hypnobirthing with both my boys and I LOVED it! The hospital I delivered my first son at offered the classes so I jumped on it! I can't imagine going through labor and not using it. My dh's cousin used it to very successfully.

My birth stories are in the birth story section--I believe they're under "Liam's Birth" (page 3) and "Natural Birth Center Birth--Hypnobirthing" (page 2).

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Last edited by **Jenn**; April 14th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.
April 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
noworries
Hi, glad to see another December mommy here. I used hypnobirthing (Mongan method) with my 1st and loved it. I have heard that hypnobabies has a higher success rate though.
April 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think any place by me gives hypnobabies or hypnobirthing classes here... I really want to do NCB because my mother did it and kinda wanna follow in suit... can you learn this from books or videos?
April 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hypnobabies has a home study course, which is what I am doing. It is 6 cds and about 170 pages of book.

April 14th, 2009, 06:56 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I plan on using hypnobabies next time, it seems to be very successful! Thanks for joining us, I'm Cheryl, co-host here and mom to Acadia, born Jan 08.
April 14th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Yup, Hypnobabies is a home-study course. Just go to hypnobabies.com they also have a yahoo group, that you can join, and talk to others going through it, or others that have gone through it.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search