Needing NCB resources

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I decided when DS#2 was born that my next child I would have a NCB. I feel like the Dr's push things on you that aren't needed. I was told with both boys I HAD to have pitocin because I was overweight but my labor was progressing without it. With DS#2 My labor was longer after I was pushed into the EPI, the pitocin increase did nothing and I slept for a few hours. I hated the Epi with him I couldn't feel anything and hated that, with DS#1 the dose of Epi wasn't strong and I felt everything when he was born, even being stitched up from the tear.
If I can handle 12 hours of contractions that are 2 mins a part and off the chart I can go all the way. I refuse to be pushed into anything this time.

So can you ladies help me find resources to help me out.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

April 22nd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I think the most important thing is to educate yourself as much as possible. Read, read and read some more. My favorites are Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth and Pushed by Jennifer Block. I would also look into hiring a doula if you can afford that. Are you going to a hospital this time? Are there any birth centers near you? If so, I would go that route instead. We are here to help in any way we can so just let us know what you need!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 22nd, 2009, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
2 things that helped educate me during my pregnancy, the video The Business of Being Born and the book The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth. Both have lots of information in them about natural childbirth.

Have you considered switching to a midwife or getting a doula for your birth?

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 22nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if you're planning a hospital birth a doula will help you so much, not only to go natural, but for the experience to be better overall.

April 22nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
The very first thing I would do is find a new OB practice! EEEK. You were induced because of your weight? If at all possible, I would look into a birth center. A doula is a great suggestion and Ina May's book, as well as Henci Goer's are both FABULOUS resources. (oh, Goer's is the Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth)

April 22nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm High risk so I have to give birth in a hospital but thanks to my wonderful Cardiologist says they have are to avoid C-Section at all cost because it's harder on the heart. I do have a different OB this time he's all for what ever I want(the Peri on the other hand isn't).
I am making a birth plan.
Thank you.

April 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Good to hear you have a new OB

April 22nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
pitocin is also hard on your heart as well, and I've known two women with heart disease- both of whom were advised against epidurals. I just took a class on heart issues in the pregnant woman, it was really good. They also advised avoiding a cesarean, nad unnecessary interventions including induction.

April 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
You can still use nurse midwives and deliver in a hospital- midwife doesn't only mean homebirth. Midwives are often (but not always) more personable, answer your questions without making you feel dumb, take more time.

I personally wouldn't read "pushed" while pregnant. I would stick to the Ina May book and the Henci Goer book. I think pushed is better for women while NOT pregnant. But that's just my take on it.

Welcome and thanks for joining us!
April 23rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Yeah, Pushed will make you a bit angry. Maybe you should wait for that one, lol.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 24th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want a baby, one of the main reasons for my heart failure was Dr's and nurses not listening. The nurse said I was swollen due to not drinking enough and was pushing me to drink one of those "Jugs" of water every hour, and the Dr's for thinking "all" swelling is normal. I didn't have any protein in my urine so they weren't concerned when I gained 17 pounds in one week.
My new OB is amazing, but like I said the Peri is a real jerk. He did a AFP test without my consent, it came back 1:36 for Trisomy 18 and now he wants me to have an amnio(I have an appointment May 11 for U/S and Amnio but I haven't signed anything). The first thing out of his mouth was "You need to know so if it does have it you can terminate". The town my OB is in has only one midwife and she won't take me due to my heart condition.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search