Not sure what I was expecting...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2009, 04:28 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
...but I went to the April DDC cause I was bored and wanted to read some birth stories and I'm just floored. I mean, we all know how doctors and patients can be but from reading some of those stories, it just really discourages me. Induction after induction and scheduled c-sections because the baby was supposedly "HUGE" when the few I read about weren't even 8 lbs.

I went back in some of their threads just to read why some of them made these decisions and most of them were really just because the doctor told them they needed to. Makes me so angry and frustrated!!

Thank god for the few NCBs in there or I might have passed out.

Sorry just venting....some of those doctors should be shot.
April 24th, 2009, 04:41 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I hear ya. I know it is soon to come in my DDC I see this often at work and it is really hard to sit back and keep my mouth shut. I can only say so much without crossing "the line"

April 24th, 2009, 04:57 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
*sigh*
April 24th, 2009, 07:09 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And then people in other DDC's wonder why I am so 'vocal' about this stuff now, and have been since the beginning. Maybe if a seed is planted, when those things start to come up they won't be sheeple and will look into their options before agreeing to certain procedures.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
April 24th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know, it was so discouraging to see that in my PR when we had our babies. I wasn't suprised to see the "big" babies come out less than 8lbs. I'm thinking, you induced early for that? Sheesh!

April 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I know, I read a lot of stories and posts in the DDC's (including my own) about how big these babies are then they come out 6lbs. Or about them being induced 3 weeks before there due date and I'm like ! Then these very early inductions turn into endless hours of horrible painful labor because the fact is thier bodies aren't ready!! No thank you! I'll suffer and wait out my entire 40+ weeks! I'd rather be pregnant for another 6 months than experience a 48 hour induction!

Facebook
April 25th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I am grateful that we have quite a few natural moms in our DDC, I tend to not read the birth stories on other boards for this reason. I will read ours when they come because you "know" the people kinda thing.
But yay, its sad.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 25th, 2009, 09:07 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've only known one woman IRL that was induced early for a big baby and it actually be a big baby! My cousin's wife was induced 3 or 4 days before her due date because they thought the baby would be big. Her labor went quickly and she vaginally delivered an almost 11 pound baby! To me, THATS considered big.

DH's cousin's wife was induced for a "big" baby and he was only about 8 pounds. Everyone in his family kept saying "Thank God they induced, that baby was huge!"

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeaaaaah.
That's my DDC...I have not much to say. Theres a handful of us in there, literally only about 4 or 5, that had NCB. I haven't even posted my birth story yet (because I'm a slacker and super private person), but even when I do I will post it in this forum privately and not there. There's actually a thread somewhere in the April DDC that one of the co-hosts posted recently asked who had vaginal and who had c-section and I think it's about 60% c sections.
There are a couple of us from that DDC here on the NCB board that have been blown away by women choosing to have sections due to fear of a big baby (who ended up being like 7 lbs) and so on.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

April 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM
mommy1980's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablepearl View Post
And then people in other DDC's wonder why I am so 'vocal' about this stuff now, and have been since the beginning. Maybe if a seed is planted, when those things start to come up they won't be sheeple and will look into their options before agreeing to certain procedures.

Im grateful for you doing this, esp for the first time mommies. I never would have thought of having an induction with my first. It amazes me how everything has turned. I am very anti induction for myself even with this one. My baby will come when she is ready.

Arissa born August 28, 2009 at 1050 am

7lbs. 20 1/4 inches

April 25th, 2009, 10:09 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Gosh that's sad. May DDC isn't much different. There's a girl who got her membranes stripped and she's only 37w. I just don't get the rush.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"

Baby Grayson born sleeping at 39w pg due to thrombophelia;
Protein S and Protein C deficient, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
(10/16/13)- 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22"

My Chart
April 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
I was just going to mention that, Stacey. We do seem to have a good amount of girls in my
DDC that want a NCB, but I am constantly having to bite my tongue when I constantly hear of all the scheduled inductions and c-sections for seemingly no apparent reason. It makes me sad. I do say things here and there when girls talk about how "big" the doctor said their baby is (I was unaware that 7lbs at 37 weeks is now considered big )but other than that I've just stopped posting in those threads.

April 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol, I was just waiting for the May DDC to chip in. We've had 10-15 babies born already, and it's not even May yet. A surpriing number were inductions and sections, and not spontaneous at all.

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

April 26th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I swear doctors can't stand when women want to go natural. I was induced with DD and it was terribly long and painful all due to my being overdue and scared into the induction. With DS I went into labor on my own, but then the dr. gave me induction drugs to "speed things along" without my permission while I was having a horrible contraction. Grr! At least no one had done an ultrasound to try to guess his size though, cuz he was a 9 pounder, which my dr. said he would've made me be induced sooner or have a C-section if he had known.

I have a midwife this time around, and I'm making a really direct birth plan which my DH will make sure is followed. I definitely know what I want and what I can do.

April 26th, 2009, 07:49 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia0406 View Post
At least no one had done an ultrasound to try to guess his size though, cuz he was a 9 pounder, which my dr. said he would've made me be induced sooner or have a C-section if he had known.
***?? So, after you successfully delivered this baby your doctor said that? There was no reason for an induction or c-section. ARGH. Glad you are at a midwife now!

April 26th, 2009, 05:21 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm scared to read all the birth stories from the other DDC because of this. I dont want to get discouraged about NCB and hear some of their horror stories.

April 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I'm starting to lose sympathy to those who are in constant pain because they are trying to get labor started soo early! What do you expect? If you're body isn't ready, it's not ready, forcing it along is just not a good idea, obviously!

Facebook
April 27th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I agree Rose!

Also, one of our members doctor's just induced her using CYTOTEC!!! I nearly started screaming at the computer when I read that. I just don't get it.....

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 27th, 2009, 12:48 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, cytotec is so dangerous! I can't believe doctors still use it!!!! My insurance won't cover its use since it is off label.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
April 27th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
just cuz your insurance won't cover it doens't mean docs won't use it. They will and you jsut get charged full amount.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search