Hi, Just a ? about NCB and twins???

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Mom to 2, 2 more coming
Hi, I just found out that I'm expecting twins... This is my 3rd preg, I had a NCB with the 1st 2, so I wondered if anyone here has had a NCB with 2 or any articles that it can be done????

I'm hoping here as a CS is one of my greatest fears....

I have a spinal injury which means they might have to use general... don't know for sure about that yet... I have no family anywhere near to help, so recovery would be brutal...

I'm really hoping if both babies cooperate and are head down, I can do this....

THanks for any input,
Jennifer

PS my OB is very pro-NCB, I had been planning to use hypnobirthing, still plan to

April 25th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I have no experience on this at all... first natural coming up and only singletons, but I know it can be done. Most free standing bc won't take you but there is no reason you can't try.
there is a really neat youtube video (pics and music kinda thing) that is natraul childbirth with mulitples, I'll see if I can find it.

YouTube - Natural Childbirth of Twins and Triplets!

and here is one of a woman giving bith naturally to twins
YouTube - Natural Birth of Twins

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 25th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
It can be done. I have not done it though. However there is another mama here (and also in the Nov DDC) that is hoping for a twin homebirth.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

April 25th, 2009, 02:06 PM
noworries
I have a friend who had a home water birth with her twins and one of them was breech. It can be done.
April 25th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It can be done. One of the woman in my PR had twins and said the rule is, the bigger baby needs to be head down and come out first. Every hospital an OB may have different rules though.

Expecting baby #4!

April 25th, 2009, 04:34 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Good luck. I have heard that as long as the first baby is heads down, then you should be allowed to deliver vaginally (and natural if you choose). I wish you the best of luck and am glad to hear that your OB is pro-NCB. I would just try to educate yourself as much as you can on twin vaginal births and use that on your side.

April 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
littlestinkers
I had twins but I had a c/s but it sooo can be done. I am part of home birth group on a different message board and there is a lady that posted a while ago that she delivered at home twins and then a lad posted a site that had the birth story to a mom from the mom and midwife they delivered at home triplets they thought it was twins but no u/s to confirm... It can be done. I had to have a Emergency c/s for my twins but I am hoping to have a drug-free Vbac with this one....
April 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
It must be possible because my midwife has delivered gobs of twins! I was totally shocked at the # of twins she has delivered and that's at a free standing birth center! I thought for sure twins would send you to the hospital but I suppose if conditions are right you most certainly could have a NCB!

Facebook
April 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM
littlestinkers
My midwife dropped my care once we found out I was pg with twins. I was planning a home birth...
April 25th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Mom to 2, 2 more coming
Thanks everyone for the info... I'll see how the talk goes with my DR.....
I knew that if #1 was head down they usually let you try....

April 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
The main reason it is so difficult these days is mostly because of pressure from insurance companies- they "train" docs on how to avoid being sued. Sadly, this is what dictates many of the rules with birth these days. VBAC, for example, was the suggested and preferred way to deliver after c-section but now it is very difficult to find care givers to attend these births, not because it is any more dangerous now, but because they are so afraid of being sued.

So talk to your doc, and if you are not happy with the answer you get, look around. What about home birth?

What is your spinal injury? I have fibromyalgia which is very hard on my lower back, and I had terrible back spasms during labor with my daughter. It didn't occur to me until after that getting an epidural probably would have been hell for me, because of my back issues. Luckily I didn't want one for other reasons. Next time I know to expect my back to act up and will have my husband, doula, midwife be prepared to specifically help me in that area. I just wonder what your situation is, who told you you needed general?

thanks for joining us!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search