Soo frusterated! (long vent)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I'm just so tired of people assuming I'll be induced. Tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks, so everyone thinks I should be wanting to give birth NOW. I'm so far from in a rush! I'm due in May, I'd like to have my baby in MAY! I'd like him to come when he's ready and be healthy, not have him hooked up to monitors and unable to breath on his own because I didn't have the patience to wait a few more weeks! I'd like to have my labor come when it's ready and be faster and productive because it happend on it's own not because I forced it along and caused myself days of pain! I keep getting the comment, "wouldn't an induction be better, then you can plan it!" NO! I realize this is hard to believe but I'd actually like my childs birth to come as a surprise! I'd like to experience "going into labor", not being induced! Another one I keep hearing is, "well it'll be better if you end up getting induced that way you can get your epidural, you can't have that at your B/C", well no crap! If I wanted the epidural do you really think I would have chose to use a birthing center??? Again, hard to believe but I don't want an epidural! I'd actually like to experience the entire labor and delivery process, naturally as nature meant it to be! I know today very few women want that, call me crazy, but I do!!!

My mom also is pushing me with it all, she's dying for him to come, I realize she's excited but the thing is I don't want anyone here BEFORE the baby comes. She's wanting to leave her house on the 10th to come here (2 day drive). I told her what's gonna happen is you're gonna get here on my due date the 12th and he's not gonna come till 42 weeks and you'll get to see him one day before you have to leave to go home, what's the point of that?! (not to mention I'll be exhausted and stressed out by the time I really do go into labor!) She's like, well they're (my midwifes) not going to let you go over 40 weeks, um... YES SHE IS! We've both agree'd that I'm in no rush and she doesn't push anything along so most likely this baby won't come till closer to or past 42 weeks! My mom's like just ask her Wednesday at your appt when she'll induce and I laughed, THEY DON'T INDUCE! If I have to be induced I have to be transfered to the hospital and I'll be very upset! I do NOT want that and I really wish everyone would quit thinking it's such a great thing. Do they not get how painful and miserable it is??? UGHHHHHH!!!! Dh and I really really don't want anyone here before the baby comes, we want the delivery to be just us and the kids, Dh is finally on the same page as me and we're just hoping and planning for a really peaceful delivery with just us, the kids, my midwife and that's IT! No doctors, no nurses, no monitors, drugs or craziness! So Wednesday after my appt I'm just gonna have to lie and tell her that they won't even consider induction till past 42 weeks and that I'm not dilated at all or effaced and the contractions have totally stopped and he's not coming for another month so CHILL OUT AND STAY HOME!

Sorry about all that but it's building up inside and I had to get it out lol!

Facebook
April 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vent away girl! I can 100% sympathize! I even had Brennen before I was due, but weeks prior people had been driving me INSANE about it! "when are you going to have that baby" and "don't you want to be induced" were everyday comments and I swore I was going to smack someone! One girl at my DD's pre-school even said "omg you really WANT to be pregnant for 10 months? you know thats what it really is." Yes dumb butt, this is my 3rd child and I am well aware how long I'm going to be pregnant for!!!! I wanted my baby sto stay in side of my womb as long as he needed so I knew he'd be a healthy baby, why does that make us crazy???

Maybe take a break from phone calls and such for a little while....that's what I had to do.
I actually became quite the hermit for a couple weeks before Brennen was born because people were stressing me out and getting on my nerves so terribly!
Hang in there and vent to us anytime you need to, we all understand!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

April 27th, 2009, 11:46 AM
noworries
Come here to get encouragement and to vent whenever you want. Try to enjoy these last few weeks. Your little guy will come when he is ready. I hope you get the birth that you are wanting.
April 27th, 2009, 12:08 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Ugh. Feel free to vent away! That sounds irritating. I am only 33 weeks and already my patients are getting weird. One emailed me and asked if i had baby pictures yet and even after I told her i was only 33 weeks she said, oh, any day now. I am antsy for the baby to come and I feel like crap and would like the baby to come sooner than later, BUT i am a reasonable person and know that the baby will be here when the baby is ready to be here!!!! (hopefully between 36-42 weeks on her own ) I just do not understand the whole induction for convenience theory. Blows my mind. Hang out here, we'll keep you company

April 27th, 2009, 12:18 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are dealing with that garbage. I am not looking forward to that at all!!!!

I am fairly short in the waist so by 38 weeks I look HUGE!!!!! I will start getting the comments at 36 and they just stink.

I agree, a phone break is not a bad idea, give yourself a little vacation.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
April 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, I went through similar things, and my mom was also driving me nuts. I agree with the others who said that turning into a hermit for the next few weeks is probably a good thing. My mom was awesome with my family though and dealt with all of the inquiries, but I still had a neighbor who called me almost every day. I even called her up a couple of times when I knew she wasn't home so I could leave a message and said that all was well, I was just tired and needed to hole up for a while and I would call her when I had news. She still called all the time after that, but that kind of hint should work with most people.

April 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're here for you!!! Vent away...I'm SURE it will happen to me too...it's sad really.
April 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
WOW that is really irritating. I can hardly wait for those comments. DH and I aren't even going to tell anyone when I go into labor. I don't want anyone at the hospital until AFTER the baby has arrived and I have had some rest. They don't like it? Too bad, it's not about them.
Take reassurance that you are doing the best thing for you and your baby. Not one person can take that away from you.

April 29th, 2009, 06:34 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
How aggravating! I don't have anyone trying to push induction on me yet, but I'm definitely getting my share of "you must be so ready to have this baby, what are you doing to start labor," and "Good luck with no epidural. You won't be able to do it so you might as well just get it right away." I've tried to stop discussing anything to do with L&D with people. It's just too frustrating!
April 29th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Oh I hate when people say you can't do it without an epidural. My mom had both my brother and I without one, DH's mom had 5 kids without one... you CAN do it, it's not impossible, eesh!

Facebook
April 30th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Argh!! I cant stand that either! I went to the mall to walk around on Emme's due date and people kept asking me when I was due. When I told this one woman that it was my due date she looked shocked and said "they havent induced you yet?". Ummm no and who is "they"????
Sorry I know its frustrating. People are wierd...

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search