Kinda stressed after talking to my DR....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Mom to 2, 2 more coming
So I talked yesterday with my DR about the news that it's twins. At my last appt we had discussed how I wanted a NCB and my plans. She was very supportive.
Then she said, good news is that since I had 2 uncomplicated pg and deliveries, it improves my chances for these twins. But I HAVE to deliver in the OR, and she said if either of the babies is NOT vertex, automatic Csect!!!

So obviously, I'm gonna call some other OBs in the area, my insurance list is pretty short. I mentioned a homebirth with a midwife to DH, but he's concerned what if something goes wrong. I understand, my DH grew up in a country where health care is not as accessible and as a teenager he almost died from appendicitis due to difficulty of accessing a hospital.

So I'm hoping these babies cooperate and turn head down.....
Anyways we may be moving in a few months to a city about 45min -1hr away and I'll have to find a new doctor there anyway.....I don't want to drive 45min-1 hour to a hospital to deliver....
Sorry just had to vent!!!

April 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
noworries
Try not to stress about it too much (I know, easier said than done). I hope the babies cooperate and both turn in time. You still have a long way to go so just enjoy your pregnancy and bond with those wonderful little babies you are growing.
April 28th, 2009, 11:22 AM
GoldmanBaby09's Avatar Regular
Since you are only 10 weeks according to your ticker, you still have so much time to figure things out. I would start doing some research on the hb aspect and not just let that go because your husband had a bad experience one time that is totally unrelated to you or your babies. Education is the key and if you can find a midwife who is willing to deliver twins, I would go for it. Having to deliver in the OR, even if you are trying for natural, even if both twins are head down, still seems like an invitation for intervention to me. A lot of OBs have never witnessed a fully natural singleton birth, let alone twins. Of course something could go wrong, as it can with any delivery, but an experienced midwife wouldn't take you as a client if she didn't feel that you and your babies were a good candidate for a home birth. Good luck with trying to find what will work best for you, and hopefully you can find an option that meets your needs and DH can support.

28 weeks--Boobs and Bump

April 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Mom to 2, 2 more coming
ok, so I feel a bit better, I talked to 2 dr offices, 1 delivered my 1st child (NCB) and I'm gonna talk to the dr directly in 1 hour, nurse says she has delivered twins vaginally.
Other is a more high risk ob, but when I mentioned they, wanted to do a csect if either baby was not vertex, she kinda laughed, the articles I read last night it seems those that have more experience with twins are more likely to let me try vaginal...
So I'm hoping.
My DH has offered to send me overseas to deliver with a midwife there (more experienced in his opinion, probably true based on what I've seen there, they routinely deliver healthy breech at home)
April 28th, 2009, 12:05 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad there seems to be positive alernatives out there. I would definitely RUN away from teh first OB and never go back!!!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
April 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
If you go overseas you would have to go so early to be able to fly. What about The Farm in TN?
April 28th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Mom to 2, 2 more coming
Great News, I found an ob who delivered her own twins vaginally!!!!
She actually talked on the phone to me and we hit it off... She said as long as baby A is Vertex...since I've delivered 2 large babies, she'd go for it! "It's better for baby and mother" her words exactly!!!

April 28th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
That's awesome! I hope you get the birth you want. Please keep us updated!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow- that new doctor sounds amazing! woohoo!!!! and there are tons you can do once farther along to ensure baby A is head down, so it should all work out great, G-d willing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search