Qotd

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
How do you feel about your kids being naked outside?

Right now I'm letting Cadie play in the kiddie pool naked. It's like 90 here right now. Our backyard is totally private but I would still do this even if it wasn't. When I was in my 20's and lived in Boston our neighbors always let their kids play in the backyard naked. I thought it was great. I guess most people would not find it appropriate and you do need to think about who your neighbors are.

Thought it might make for an interesting topic now that the weather is nice!
April 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
2 and under in a diaper, but not totally naked. Over that age, clothed in at least a swimsuit. But I pass no judgement on parents who do otherwise As long as it's warm, the kid is being supervised and in their own yard no prob!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

April 28th, 2009, 01:22 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
For little kids and babies, it does not bother me. I would not be surprised if we have a lil naked wanderer on her way! LOL. However, we live in an area that no one but us would see her in our backyard naked.

April 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Not so much at our house, since we live on the (literally) busiest street in town, but when we go up to our property to camp, everyone wanders around naked. I do let her run around the house naked a lot though.

April 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
noworries
Our neighbors are kinda nosy but at this age I would still let Eva run around naked or be in the pool naked (heck I run around half naked myself most of the time in the backyard and my DH is always commenting that they neighbors are probably getting an eyeful).
April 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm all for letting my little once run around outside in their diaper, and our backyard has a privacy fence so I'd let them run around naked if they were playing in their play pool or running through the sprinkler, but thats about it. I'm too paranoid about "bad people" and we live in a big neighborhood and the houses are pretty darn close together.
Our neighbors let their little 3 year old run around naked all the time though and I think it's cute. She was running after us down the sidewalk last summer while we were out taking a walk and it was the funniest thing ever!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

April 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I don't really have a problem with it at this age at all. We haven't let B do that yet but we have a tick problem in the back yard so we aren't really all that keen on letting him play out there that much yet. We mostly play in the front yard and at the local park. I think it's cute but I do worry about pedophiles because of my own family history and knowledge.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 28th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Swim suits in summer when we're using the pool is as naked as I'd let them go. Not that they mind, they're both very happy to wear clothes and shoes outside.

Facebook
April 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Swim suits in summer when we're using the pool is as naked as I'd let them go. Not that they mind, they're both very happy to wear clothes and shoes outside.

Facebook
April 28th, 2009, 07:48 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I let my two go naked in the backyard when its hot and they are in the paddling pool (we are surrounded by 6 foot fences and noone can see anything)

April 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would let Lily go naked in our backyard, but not out in the front yard.

April 28th, 2009, 08:39 PM
.adi.
M's never completely naked... that kid saves his poops!
April 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once we have children I can't see myself minding. I walk around partially nude often, both inside and in the more private parts of our yard. I feel a healthy dose of nudity promotes acceptance of your body and others, as well as a true concept of what is normal. So- if my little one wants to be nude in our yard, or even on the public beach I would be ok with that. Rob probably wuldn't though (be ok with it at the beach).

April 29th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I wouldn't only because, I would be afraid that they would want to do it all the time kidna thing.
But I see nothing wrong with a young child doing it. Especailly in their own back yard. I would be afraid in an open area (front yard) jsut cuz there are weirdos out there

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 29th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I wouldn't only because, I would be afraid that they would want to do it all the time kidna thing.
But I see nothing wrong with a young child doing it. Especailly in their own back yard. I would be afraid in an open area (front yard) jsut cuz there are weirdos out there

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 29th, 2009, 09:46 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We let the younger ones run around naked, usually 2 and under. #, I would let my 3 yo in her undies.

We live in base housing though and our yard is TINY. So they really don't play in the fenced area often. They play more in the front common area, so no nakedness there. Well, we would let Evie be naked, but she is only 1. She was out in her diaper last night.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
April 29th, 2009, 11:06 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Under 2 we let them be naked in the pool. They tend to hop in and out of the pool so they have run around the yard naked too. I wouldn't ever let them in the front yard because it's a busy road but the back yard is fine. We know all our neighbors well (its only about 10 houses) and most of them are elderly (my in laws are the youngest in the neighborhood and they're in their 60s). We don't have a fence but we do have a lot of trees/bushes/plants that shield the view. Loch was just playing in the yard naked this weekend--he was in and out of the pool and had a grand time playing in the mud naked! LOL

When we were living at my parents house when Liam was a baby we had the baby pool in our front yard (my Dad didn't want us ruining the grass in the back ). I actually have a picture of me nursing him naked in the pool in the front yard (not me naked but the baby). My sister says it looks like I just gave birth to a really big baby! LOL

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search