I know I shouldn't be annoyed....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
But now that I have to go to the midwives every week, I'm a bit annoyed by it. I just don't think there is any way possible this kid will come before 39 weeks so I wish I didn't have to go so often. I would love to wait until 38 weeks and then go again at 40. I love the midwives but we really don't do anything at the visits. I don't have questions really since nothing is going on so we just talk about how I'm doing and take some measurements and I'm out of there. Plus, it's an hour each way so saving the gas money would be nice. I have an appointment this afternoon and they are going to check for GBS then - fun!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 29th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I would talk to them. I bet they would be ok with you not going again till 40 weeks as long as there were no problems.
My midwife does the same thing though. I went at 28 weeks, for my GD test and such, then I go back at 32 weeks, then 34 and 36 then every week till birth.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 29th, 2009, 08:37 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt the EXACT same way at the end of my pregnancy!!!
It seems so stupid to go in, sit and wait, then get weighed, pee in a cup and have a quick chat with the midwife and have to go back the next week and do it again! I had no cervical exams until I was actually in labor, so it seemed a bit silly for me to go do that every week since I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy.
Maybe it will help the last few weeks pass by quicker for you thougt?

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

Last edited by sillyp; April 29th, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
April 29th, 2009, 08:38 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
stupid double post.
April 29th, 2009, 08:39 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Yep, that is my schedule as well, and I have all my appts set up thru my due date. I live about 45 mins away (with me driving) and I go on my day off, so it really sucks. As of now I do not mind the every other week appts, the every week will be a bit harder though. I get my GBS test at 36 weeks as well. How often does your midwife do an internal exam to check the cervix? I am curious and will ask Monday at my next appt.

Can you go every 10 days instead of 7? kinda compromise?

Yep, that is my schedule as well, and I have all my appts set up thru my due date. I live about 45 mins away (with me driving) and I go on my day off, so it really sucks. As of now I do not mind the every other week appts, the every week will be a bit harder though. I get my GBS test at 36 weeks as well. How often does your midwife do an internal exam to check the cervix? I am curious and will ask Monday at my next appt.

Can you go every 10 days instead of 7? kinda compromise?

April 29th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I think I will ask them if I can prolong it today. Maybe they'll be agreeable to that!

Mere, they won't check my cervix unless I ask them to until 41 weeks. I love that!

April 29th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I kind of agree. I know problems can suddenly come up, but if they do, usually you'd have symptoms and call about it. My pregnancy has been very uneventful, and I'm running out of questions.

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

April 29th, 2009, 09:07 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I guess I will ask on Monday when do they check the cervix. I am actually curious. I was born at 34 weeks, so I guess I am just super paranoid.

April 29th, 2009, 09:59 AM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
I've been feeling the same way. I would've welcomed weekly appointments at the beginning, just so I could hear her heartbeat and not freak myself out, but at this point, it seems silly to me. My pregnancy has been textbook and I'd call or go to L&D if I had any symptoms of something being wrong. Plus, I watch a 4 year old, so I have to arrange for someone to watch him every week while I go (thank goodness my boyfriend is usually home, and it's my BFF's kid I watch, so she doesn't mind) or I'd have to take him with me, which would be a nightmare. At least it's almost over!
April 29th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
See I like the weekly appts, I'm bored out of my mind sitting around doing nothing. For Jay and I it's like the exciting day of our week to go there, pretty sad when even my 3 yr old looks forward to the appts! We have a 20-45 minute drive (depending on traffic) which kind of sucks but we just listen to music and see the city!

Facebook
April 29th, 2009, 04:13 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sucks that it's such a long drive. I hope they'll spread them out for you a little bit....!!
April 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
I'm at my every other week appointments in my schedule, but due to some complications, I'm in there almost every other day! I was there Thursday, Monday, today, and scheduled in again next Thursday!

I'd love to just hang out here at home and go in to pop the kiddo out....

Since you're planning a natural childbirth without induction, maybe she'll be pretty understanding about spacing them out more? It's not like you're waiting for that right moment for pitocin or something...
April 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
grrr double post
April 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was given the option about when I wanted appointments since the pregnancy was progressing normally. Instead of telling me when my next appointment was, they'd ask "So when would you like to come in next?" I think if you ask, they would be okay with skipping your next appointment and continuing with appointments every 2 weeks.

Expecting baby #4!

April 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
I guess I will ask on Monday when do they check the cervix. I am actually curious. I was born at 34 weeks, so I guess I am just super paranoid.
I requested a cervix check at 38 weeks. They didn't suggest one themselves until my 40 week appointment.

I wanted to know at 38 weeks how I was progressing because I had Liam at 37 weeks. I wish I hadn't known--it sucked knowing I was walking around 2-3cm and 75% effaced for 2 weeks before I had him!

I kinda liked going every week. I loved hearing the heartbeat. And we moved a month before my due date so my drive went from 25 minutes to 1 1/2 hours (each way).

I think midwives are very accommodating though and if you request every other week then they would most likely be ok with that.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 29th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Granola Mama
After my next appt my m/w said she'll probably have me coming in every two weeks since I'm growing two, she's not far away but it does get to be a bit of a hassel...and I also run out of questions to ask! I did last time! But last time, I went into labor on friday and I'd had an appt to see her for my every week appts on monday! So I never got around to doing the going every week thing.
and baby number 4 due 9/3/10
April 30th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was tired of going too. I actually canceled my appointments or just scheduled them as far apart as they would let me. They never said anything so I guess they didnt care. Im excited that you are so far along Cindy!!! Where did the time go????

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
April 30th, 2009, 08:20 AM
It really has flown by! How are you feeling Sarah?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search