Hypnobabies Moms

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
I listen to my scripts at night before bed and they always put me to sleep. I know it says its ok for this to happen but I was wondering if:

a- this happens to anybody else
b- do you listen to them during the day when you are not trying to go into hypnosis just to hear what she says? (does that make any sense lol)

I can't try to go into hypnosis during the day because I have 2 toddlers, one who doesn't nap. I wonder if I fall asleep listening to them because I am so tired at the end of the day. I'm just questioning whether or not I am doing it right. Also moms who used hypnobabies for their births, what did you do during your labor? What scripts did you listen to? Did you move around or just lay in bed?

(I already finished the manuel and it answered these questions as to what I should do but I am curious to know what other moms did.)

Sorry for the million questions!
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

April 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tend to listen to the CDs after dinner, when my son is playing with my husband. Either that or right after my son goes to bed (he goes down at 7:30). I've only fallen asleep once. I woke up not too long after the CD was done, and I just went to the point in the track that I thought I fell asleep, relaxed myself, and then listened again.
April 29th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually listen to my scripts during the day, unless I have a rather busy day, then I just set it to my playlist (on my ipod) along with my affirmations, and listen to it as I fall asleep. I'm already on to the maintenance program part. When I was first starting off, I made sure that I listened to each new script during the day when I was fully awake, and not relaxing (doing the dishes or something) so that I actually heard it. I tried to start the program early enough so that I could do a good 4 weeks of the maintenance program and really get used to it. There was someone who posted about this a couple weeks ago (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...-birthing.html (Hypno-birthing)), and WendyD replyed, and I PMed her to ask her a couple questions, and she made me feel SO good about using the program! She said that she basically didn't have a lot of time (she has kids), and she would set her daily script and affirmations to her playlist at night, and put it on repeat. She said the program worked great for her, and that she really felt like it helped during her birthing time. So currently, I haven't been practicing the finger drop technique, but I have been listening to the scripts every day. I really hope it works for me, and I'm going to start being a lot more interactive in the program (my last day of classes was today, I should have a lot more time on my hands). If you wanted to discuss it more, PM me! But I was really inspired by WendyD, and now I have so much more confidence in the program. And I agree, it helps so much to go back and read Hypnobabies birth stories!

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

April 30th, 2009, 07:09 AM
lindsayb63's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried to listen to them at night but was very unsuccessful. I ended up really just reading the book.

I do think that even if you fall asleep while listening that you do sub-consciencely get the info :-)

May 1st, 2009, 09:32 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I listened to them during the day and I usually was "out of it" and couldn't remember what was said, but I don't think I was fully asleep. There were a few of them that I really tried to listen to while still awake just to see what was said.
In early labor I listened to my birthing day affirmations off and on and at one point I listened to the easy childbirth track for a bit. Then on the way to the hospital I listened to the birthing day affirmations again. The rest of the time I was doing other things (walking, nipple stimulation, birthing ball, nap). At the hospital I didn't listen to any tracks, although I brought my mp3 player so I could have. I was moving around a lot during my labor except once I got to the hospital (in transition) I was in bed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search