Frustrated with current events

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
Saturday, I had some spotting, but the OB I spoke to when I called said that if the spotting didn't get worse, I wasn't having contrax, and the baby became active within the next couple of hours, I should be fine... so I stayed home...

Monday... I starting having contractions as soon as I woke up. Called doctor's office after an hour and a half and several contractions. They had me come down to the office, and they did a pelvic. He said I was starting to efface, and sent me to L&D for an NST. After a few hours, and the contractions settling, they sent me home telling me to just take it easy.

My work has totally pulled me off the schedule, afraid I'm going to go into labor at work, haha. So I get to be bored here at home... awesome.

I had another follow-up appointment this morning, and got an FFN test, which came out negative, thank goodness, but they had me do another NST. I also got a second pelvic which confirms I'm about 33% effaced and 2cm dilated.

So I'm sitting here at home, taking it easy, being bored, and have gotten about seven contractions again in the last hour or so. They aren't evenly spaced, they're just kind of random... I'm staying reclined, drinking lots of water... and it doesn't seem to be helping...

Is bedrest a crock? That's what one of my doulas/childbirth educator thinks, so I'm afraid to really talk to her about what's going on. She'll be great at the birth for helping keep us focused, but as far as what's going on now, she's VERY anti-doctor, so I try to just keep quiet about it. That's what my other doula is for. ((I feel lucky to have two doulas as friends...))

I'm sorry this is so negative, but I wanted to vent, and you ladies are so awesome, so... here you go, haha.

I'm afraid of getting induced because of so many issues, and not being able to handle the induction and caving to the pain meds!!! I want my natural childbirth!!!

*sigh*
April 30th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dont worry. Just hang in there. Your body is obviously getting ready. I hope you go any day now!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
April 30th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
vent away!!!! Hang in there~

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 30th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I hope it's not too soon. You are still pretty early right? Hang in there hun! Try to keep drinking tons of water and lying on your left side when the contractions start. I know it's super boring though. Do you have any great movies you could watch or books you could read? I love to watch sappy movies when I'm bored and I'm currently reading the Twilight books for the 3rd time, lol. Keep us updated. HUGS

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 30th, 2009, 09:47 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I definitely think rest and bed rest can help. I hope things get better.

April 30th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I hit 32 weeks tomorrow, so we're pretty early on....

I've been sitting here in my recliner, my laptop right here... I've been making siggies, surfing the internet, and watching tons of videos on Hulu...

I'm almost afraid I'm going to run out of internet before I have this baby!!
April 30th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
If you're really bored you could make a siggy for me, lol. I have been meaning to get one made but I've been so lazy about it lately....

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I think some rest is a good idea, and taking it easy in general. It doesn't sound like you need full bed rest.

If you need some new internet, check this out, it's pretty fun- awesomeness
May 1st, 2009, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't mind making a siggy for you Cindy! Just send me a PM with what you'd like on it! I have a whole thread going on over in my DDC about it, haha.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...-finished.html

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search