Remember Me? LOL. My hella medicated birth.

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pretty much got the farthest thing imaginable from a NCB...considering I had to be induced for long running PIH (I was so grateful to make it to full term!) and considering I had every cervix softening drug, pitocin, breaking the waters, epidural and episiotemy. BUT I do have to say...now that it's all over and done with, I do feel proud of myself for the decisions I made during the birth process and am really grateful I was trying for NCB as I believe it gave me the tools neccesary to make the right decisions during the whole induction process. I know this isn't a popular thing to say on this board but I do believe that some of those medical interventions saved me from a c-section and I was so incredibly grateful for my episiotemy (my doctor and nurse were massaging and stretching for two hours and I kept basically crowning him for over an hour before she snipped me...which was awesome in and of itself, but also very good becuase he came out blue and white with an Apgers of 6). I am also really happy with the midwife and OB's that handled my delivery, I went well past the 24 hour time limit they usually give in order for me to have a vaginal delivery.

So anyways...if anyone wants to read my hella medicated birth story, Here's the link. http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...24-2009-a.html
oh and don't mind my dates are messed up I wrote it at like 1:00am in between feedings.

I will still try for a NCB the next one as it's obviously the healthiest and safest way to delivery...but I feel very good about the delivery I had this time, all things considered.
April 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Veteran
I'm glad you did the right thing for your baby. If you hadn't, you probably would have had a c/s, which would have been worse. don't feel bad for your decisions, it was the best for both of you. I am like you, i am planning a NCB, but am not opposed to medical intervention if necessary.

April 30th, 2009, 04:08 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
You did not have a c-section and that is what is most important. your preparation and knowledge gave you the tools you needed to avoid a cesarean. Interventions ARE necessary sometimes, as you found out. And avoiding a section also made trying for a NCB the next time around that much easier. Congrats on the arrival of your LO

April 30th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What an adorable baby!!!!!!!! We all do what we have to do.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
April 30th, 2009, 07:30 AM
noworries
I think the really important thing is that you feel good about the decisions that you made and you are able to remember this birth in a positive way. Michael is adorable by the way.
April 30th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

April 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
congrats, he is adorable!!
May 4th, 2009, 03:23 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congratz Sarah, and I'm glad you're not beating yourself up over missing out on a drug-free birth. I am having a scheduled C-section this Friday because baby is stubbornly in the breech position. I feel like all the hard work I've done in preparation for a drug-free birth is wasted, but I'd take your birth over getting cut any day!

baby Roger @ 7 months

May 4th, 2009, 06:03 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chispaza View Post
I think the really important thing is that you feel good about the decisions that you made and you are able to remember this birth in a positive way. Michael is adorable by the way.
my thoughts exactly. Congrats mama!!!!!

May 5th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
See, that's what interventions were made for. For those times when they are ACTUALLY needed! Congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby!

May 5th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyD View Post
See, that's what interventions were made for. For those times when they are ACTUALLY needed! Congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby!

I know it's not supposed to matter but hearing this does make me feel a whole lot better. It's one thing to convince yourself you did the right thing but it always helps to have other people confirm it. Thanks!
May 5th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
You really did a great job Sarah and Michael is so cute! I'm proud of you no matter how he was born!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
You really did a great job Sarah and Michael is so cute! I'm proud of you no matter how he was born!

thanks!
May 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
Ditto!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

May 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search