Log In Sign Up

thoughts?...more just venting


Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
April 30th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 2,058
Hi ladies, I'm just looking for your thoughts on my situation. Nobody seems to understand my passion for having my baby completely naturally, and everything seems to be against it. I've given birth 4 times. My first one was 100% natural, 12 days overdue. My second baby died in utero at 33 weeks, I was induced and HIGHLY drugged. My third baby was due 7 days overdue 100% natural, and my identical twins were born 100% natural, completely healthy, a month early.

I am now 28 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, due on July 22. My dream would have been to have her at home, but I don't think that can happen. I had placenta previa, and was afraid I'd have to have a c-section, happily, my placenta moved up and everything is perfect with the baby! I could have her at home without any issues if it were to be in the works. My issue is my 1 year old, Grier, is sick. She just had surgery last monday and is not healing as well as she should, we were supposed to be released from the hospital last monday but we are still here. She is going to need another surgery, in a time frame, and the time frame REALLY does not work well. They want her to go in the week of July 20th, but they can extend it to the week of the 27th. I'm due on July 22, and I don't know when I'm going to give birth, early, late, on time!! The hospital she has her surgery at is 3 hours from my home, and she'll have to be there for at least 2 weeks. I'm starting to htink induction a week early will be the only way I can ensure that I can be there for my daughter during her surgery/I can have my husband with me for the birth! But I really, really want to have her naturally! Natural induction did not work for my overdue two...sex, nipple stimulation, etc. any thoughts?
__________________
ALEX
Wifey to David. Mommy to Mady, Connor, Taylor, Grier, Chandler, Evalyn and Bryce
2 sweet angels born straight into Jesus' arms:
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com



Reply With Quote
  #2  
April 30th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 26,067
Can they schedule the surgery even sooner?

My thoughts would be to have the surgery on the earlier date and I'm sure she'll understand that you can't be with her the whole 2 weeks she is in the hospital. I'm personally against induction unless neccesary, not out of convienence, especially a week early.
__________________
Andrea, mom to Abigail (6) Annabelle (4) and Alexis (1)



Reply With Quote
  #3  
April 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: south eastern Mass
Posts: 13,088
wow, that is a pretty crazy situation. I'm sorry to hear about your sick daughter. Can they do the surgery even a week earlier, in the middle of July?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
April 30th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 41,401
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
that is a tough one. One baby in the hospital and another being born.
I would bea afraid of the induction only because its still not going to make you be there for your daughter. Do you plan to leave the newborn for the 2 weeks you are in the hospital? I would guess not and a hospital is not the best place to have a newborn anywys.
I wish I could help... I will pray that things work out.

that is a tough one. One baby in the hospital and another being born.
I would bea afraid of the induction only because its still not going to make you be there for your daughter. Do you plan to leave the newborn for the 2 weeks you are in the hospital? I would guess not and a hospital is not the best place to have a newborn anywys.
I wish I could help... I will pray that things work out.
__________________

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Reply With Quote
  #5  
May 1st, 2009, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 6,494
Hmmm... personally if I had to I would induce for my child. There is no way I could miss the surgery. But as someone else stated it probably wouldnt be a good idea to bring the baby there either. Thats such a tough situation. Do you have people that can help watch the baby? Would it be possible to postpone the surgery until after the baby comes? Hopefully it would only be about a week or so. I really hope things work out for you. And Ill be thinking about your little girl.
__________________

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
Reply With Quote
  #6  
May 1st, 2009, 09:05 AM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,224
I'm so sorry your daughter is sick. I'd do whatever I can to reschedule the surgery but it sounds like you may have already tried that! BIG HUGS TO YOU
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
May 1st, 2009, 09:36 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,522
I have no real words of wisdom or advice, it's such a tough situation and choice to make. You want to be there for both your babies. I hope you are able to work something out. But I just wanted to express how sorry I am your little one is sick. I hope she recovers well and soon.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
May 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,765
I'm sorry, that's just a crappy situation to be in. I think if I were in your shoes, if the surgery couldn't be moved up or back by several weeks, I would probably induce. It's not like you are doing it because you are uncomfortable or don't want to miss a BBQ... your other baby needs you!!

I hope your little girl has a quicker recovery next time and you find a solution that works the best for you soon!
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #9  
May 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 26,067
Quote:
I'm sorry, that's just a crappy situation to be in. I think if I were in your shoes, if the surgery couldn't be moved up or back by several weeks, I would probably induce. It's not like you are doing it because you are uncomfortable or don't want to miss a BBQ... your other baby needs you!!

I hope your little girl has a quicker recovery next time and you find a solution that works the best for you soon!
I'm not trying to trivialize the surgery, but to put it in perspective, what are the odds of being in labor the day of the surgery? Also, isn't the health of the new baby just as important as the older child? To induce a week early, you could jepordize the health of the baby if he/she isn't ready yet, plus her health if her body isn't ready, the induction doesn't take and she ends up with a c-section. It's a tough situation to be in, but I wouldn't recommend going to the lengths of inducing early to be there. Sometimes you just need to trust that things will work themselves out.
__________________
Andrea, mom to Abigail (6) Annabelle (4) and Alexis (1)



Reply With Quote
  #10  
May 1st, 2009, 02:36 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,765
From reading the post, how I understood it was that the surgery most likely needs to be done around the time she is due. She could go into labor a week or less before the surgery, and then she has to choose between her children. Or she could go into labor right after the surgery and not be able to be with her daughter during her recovery. I just don't think she should feel bad if she decides to induce. I think this is a totally different situation than someone who just doesn't want to be pregnant anymore or get stretch marks, kwim?
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #11  
May 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 6,630
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
Wow, what a hard decision. I really hope you're able to work something out. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this.
__________________
Wife to Donny (33), mommy to Cherie (5), and Stepmom to Paige (13) and Garrett (11). Due with number 4 in Jan 2015!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
May 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 26,067
Quote:
From reading the post, how I understood it was that the surgery most likely needs to be done around the time she is due. She could go into labor a week or less before the surgery, and then she has to choose between her children. Or she could go into labor right after the surgery and not be able to be with her daughter during her recovery. I just don't think she should feel bad if she decides to induce. I think this is a totally different situation than someone who just doesn't want to be pregnant anymore or get stretch marks, kwim?
I agree with that, it's different, but I still see it as inducing out of convienence. I've heard many of us talk about how we would never do that, we would only enter an induction if it was medically necessary. I think the health of the baby also needs to be taken into consideration. Whether she has a 2 week old, 1 week old, or is pregnant, she won't be able to spend all day at the hospital for the entire 2 weeks. I think being there for the surgery and immediate recovery would be most important and the chances of that are pretty good.

I'm a strong believer in letting nature do it's thing. Obviously it's hard not to look at this from an emotional perspective, but it's best to also look at it from a practical perspective.
__________________
Andrea, mom to Abigail (6) Annabelle (4) and Alexis (1)



Reply With Quote
  #13  
May 3rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 2,058
Hi ladies, thank you for all the responses. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back, my daughter's been sick. Induction is something that I would like to avoid at all costs, but it's also something I feel in the circumstances, I have to keep an open mind about. In any case, it seems as if our decision is being made for us, my daughter isn't healing well, and will go in for surgery within the next week, which will eliminate the need for the more than a check up in July.

alex
__________________
ALEX
Wifey to David. Mommy to Mady, Connor, Taylor, Grier, Chandler, Evalyn and Bryce
2 sweet angels born straight into Jesus' arms:
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com



Reply With Quote
  #14  
May 3rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Owosso, MI
Posts: 1,533
I'm sorry about your daughter, I will keep her in my T&P for an easy surgery and quick recovery!
__________________



Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique



Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0