Hello

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2009, 08:42 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there,

I felt that I needed another JustMommies board to jibber jabber on.

Tough, natural-birthing Mommy here. I am Veann, twenty-five this month, wife to Matthew (twenty-nine in June) and Mommy to Lucius (eleven weeks). Lucius was born in a midwife-assisted freestanding birth center birth after forty-two weeks plus three days of pregnancy. He is our firstborn, but we plan on having three to five more children with our same midwife at home instead of the birth center. We had a beautiful and perfect birth. Even though I had planned to give birth in the pool, I ended up using a birthing stool. I will post my novel of a birth story up in the Birth Stories section up top.

I chose a natural birth about five to six months in to the pregnancy. I watched The Business of Being Born and it just resonated with me. I hadn't thought of any of the issues that the movie brought up. I had just always been led to believe that babies should be born in hospitals with OBGYNs and nurses attending. I had feared the possibility of needing a C-Section already and learning that it could become a probability due to the domino effect after the epidural, I wanted no part in the whole hospital procedure. After the painstaking efforts and great care I put into being healthy during my pregnancy of avoiding caffeine, food coloring, MSG, all pharmaceuticals and really anything else myself or my husband felt MIGHT be harmful to our unborn son; it really just did not make sense to pump the little guy full of drugs during his birth. Due to his mistrust in doctors and dislike of hospitals (feelings I share), my husband was on board with the plan to transfer care to a midwife. Through one of the midwives on The Business of Being Born, I was directed to my own midwife and loved her. So it stuck and we went through with a natural, drug-free childbirth and I couldn't be happier with my choice. My son was born beautiful, healthy and alert. He did not ever get jaundiced and didn't lose an ounce after his birth. I'm actually quite excited for the homebirths that await us in the future.

My JustMommies home is the January 2009 Playroom, but I hang out in Baby Names, Homebirth, Love and Sex, Married Life, Twentysomething Mommies, Plus-Sized Mommies, First Time Mommies, Tattooed Mommies, Moms of Boys, Entertainment, Intact Care, Attachment Parenting, Infants, and Atheist Mommies boards as well (I may also hang out in other boards that I can't think of at the moment). I tend to drop in and out of most of the boards, but wanted to say hello and introduce myself here.

May 3rd, 2009, 04:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats on achieving your NCB! Looking forward to getting to know you!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
May 3rd, 2009, 07:45 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome!
Lucius is a doll. Congrats on your NCB. You must be so excited about homebirths with your future children!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

May 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
welcome and congrats! Great intro post, too! I am Cheryl, co-host here and mommy to Acadia, born Jan 08. Thanks for joining us!

p.s. I'm scared of the snake in your siggy!!!
May 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl33 View Post
p.s. I'm scared of the snake in your siggy!!!

I like snakes.

May 3rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Welcome!!!! I am Meredith (30) and expecting my first in 6 weeks and am at a freestanding birth center as well!
I do not like snakes, but find your siggie amusing I also find your user name amusing too

May 3rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Congrats on your birth! I can't wait to read your birth story!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

May 3rd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, I can't wait to read your birth story!

Expecting baby #4!

May 3rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome!! I'm so glad you've joined us! I'm Cindy, mommy to Bryson, who is 18 months old, and expecting our second later this month. I loved your post and can't wait to read your birth story!

Oh, and I'm in NH also. Did you deliver at the Birth Cottage?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 4th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
Welcome!! I'm so glad you've joined us! I'm Cindy, mommy to Bryson, who is 18 months old, and expecting our second later this month. I loved your post and can't wait to read your birth story!

Oh, and I'm in NH also. Did you deliver at the Birth Cottage?
No, I was at Concord Birth and Wellness Center. Love it there too. Where's the Birth Cottage? Is that where you're going?

May 4th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezpoofs View Post
No, I was at Concord Birth and Wellness Center. Love it there too. Where's the Birth Cottage? Is that where you're going?
It's in Milford, NH but I'm not sure how far that is from you. We are going to the North Shore Birth Center in MA because our insurance is taken there and my DH likes that it's on the campus of a hospital "just in case". I have heard great things about the Birth Cottage though. I'm right on the border of MA and NH. How far up is Concord?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 7th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
It's in Milford, NH but I'm not sure how far that is from you. We are going to the North Shore Birth Center in MA because our insurance is taken there and my DH likes that it's on the campus of a hospital "just in case". I have heard great things about the Birth Cottage though. I'm right on the border of MA and NH. How far up is Concord?
It's about an hour/ hour and fifteen minutes away from the Massachusetts border.

May 7th, 2009, 12:12 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Veann! Glad you added us to your list. Looking forward to reading your full birth story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search