Preggos Check-In!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Ok ladies, I know we have lots of pregnant ladies now, including some very recent TTC grads (YAY!!). How are you all doing? Tell us how far along you are now and how things are going. :-)

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 4th, 2009, 05:25 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hi Cindy! You are getting close!!!!

I am 34 weeks. Have a midwife appt today I am hanging in there. Overall feeling pretty good, but been having a lot of back pain. I have been wearing a support belt for almost 2 weeks and it has made a HUGE difference. I am still in pain, but not as bad and mostly at night, I can manage to get thru work. The baby is getting huge, or at least it feels that way The midwife said I could travel up to the Fingerlakes this weekend for Mothers day (DH's family wants to have a lil baby shower for us too) but I am wary, but it will be nice. It is almost 5 hours of driving! I was born at 34 weeks and am super paranoid, haha.

We have also been working on the baby's room some and finally got the crib up yesterday. We got the cosleeper up last week, though DH thinks it is for clothes storage

We had our birthing class last weekend which was awesome and are meeting with the doula tonight

so, all is well.

May 4th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, new on the NC board, coming out of lurking!! Nice to meet you all, hoping to learn lots and Im sure I will.
May 4th, 2009, 06:24 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay! I can finally join in on these!

I am 5w4d, and just found out yesterday. I'm having lots of awesome symptoms, and am overjoyed.

I'm havbing b/w drawn today, and will also have more wednesday.

May 4th, 2009, 06:49 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't given you ladies an update in forever, sorry

I am 30 weeks, measuring at 32 weeks. Everyone including my midwife is convinced I'll go at about 37 weeks again, and I hope they're right! I am huge, baby is VERY low and causing me a lot of pain. I am on a lot of restrictions because every time I try to be physically active I start having contractions, and this baby is just not big enough to be born yet. I hate being lazy! But I'll do it to keep this baby in a few more weeks.

I passed my GD test a few weeks ago, but apparently I am spilling a little sugar in my urine now, so they're not sure what's up with that. My midwife will check it again next week. She says if I don't have GD I may still have a slight glucose intolerance, which would explain my size and Cassidy's size (7'10" at 37 weeks). So they'll be watching that.

That's all so far. Please send me some "bake longer, baby" vibes! If I can make 36-37 weeks I'll be very happy.

Cindy, you're just about there! Can't wait to meet that precious little boy!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

May 4th, 2009, 07:37 AM
noworries
Let's see, I'm 9 weeks and have had zero symptoms so far. No nausea, no tiredness, to sore boobs. I haven't even had any bloodwork done so it will be reassuring to hear a heartbeat in a few weeks (if we get to hear it). I have my first pre-natal appointment with the midwives on May 20th.
DH and I talked more about the birth last night and it was good because we both had very different ideas of how things we going to take place. Since he had never even considered a homebirth before and has no idea about them, he had different ideas about things and was turned off by some of my ideas (like to give birth in our bed...that freaked him out). But, after we talked about it and he got a better picture in his head of how it would be, he started coming around to some things.
May 4th, 2009, 07:38 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 20 weeks now, can't believe its going so fast. Baby and I are doing great. He's just hanging out and growing in there and I just started feeling him move around last week, which is sooo nice. I'm feeling pretty good. Get tired faster and in the bathroom every 5 minutes, but other than that not many other symptoms. I feel really lucky I never got any morning sickness. Going to start looking into birthing classes soon!

May 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. The baby is so incredibly active, especially at nighttime. I hope her schedual changes when she comes out! Everything has been going well so far, another midwife appointment today. It looks like this baby is going to hang around as long as she wants; I haven't had any signs of getting close yet. I went to tour the hospital a couple weeks ago, and the midwife's room is awesome! It's not as cozy as something you'd get with a birth center, but it's better than all the other hospital rooms.

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

May 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
.adi.
I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and I need to find out if there are midwives on base now that I'm here... Wish me luck with that one! bah
May 4th, 2009, 08:21 AM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 20 weeks this week and have my BIG u/s this week, but we are not finding out the sex. I'm still so excited to see my LO in there. I was getting nervous about not feeling movements but this week I'm feeling them nice and strong. Last night I felt one from the outside, it was soooo exciting!!

We just moved so I can finally get the baby's room ready. I'm feeling great physically, hopefully that lasts until the end. LOL
May 4th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 29 weeks and feel pretty good finally LOL. Baby is very active (cant remember any of my previous being this active!!!), cant do too much because I will get contractions, so I am taking it easy these days.

May 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
almost 13 weeks. Feeling good, but I had some spotting just now, which is freakign me out a little...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 4th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm 27 weeks. The nausea seems to finally be going away (at least it's greatly reduced).
May 4th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
I will be 37 weeks on Wed. I had false labor twice last week and I am still having a ton of cramps and contractions. I also have been getting sharp pains in my woo hoo (lol) BUT I am not miserable and would be happy is baby bakes a while longer.
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

May 4th, 2009, 09:53 AM
ooooh a lot of you ladies are really really close!!!!!!!!

May 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow so... I guess I should start screaming and crying about how it's soo unfair I'm not in labor?? lol. I will not be surprised AT ALL if it's another 2 maybe 3 or more weeks though! Just, patiently waiting for his arrival!

I feel pretty good, other than I can't sleep, my hips/back and everything hurts like crazy. I keep getting charlie horses at night and I think I pulled a muscle in my butt haha. And walking is OUT because it's sooooooo painful!!! But no complaints... really! LOL!

Facebook
May 4th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello I'll be 38 weeks on Wednesday. So far, so good. Everything is all ready, just waiting on our little guy. I have been 1cm and thinning for 3 weeks now. I have an appt tomorrow, so we'll hopefully see if I've progressed at all. Lots of cramping, low back pain and BH contrax. And I'm pretty sure I lost my plug YAH! Not too anxious yet, mentally, I would be okay with being overdue.
May 4th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all, I'm at 33 weeks this week and starting to feel like this is getting REALLY REAL. We had our baby shower this weekend and now that I have all this stuff I feel like perhaps I should do a bit of nesting, even if I have to pretend? My pregnancy has been cake- I should do this for a living (haha) pretty much haven't had a single issue especially since we just found out that the placenta is not too low. Had one massive calf cramp last Thursday that made me howl and then limp for 4 days but other than that, I'm doing great! Baby is kicking the snot out of me and this weekend DH swore he could feel toes. Getting psyched!!

Thank you CupcakeJamie for my beautiful siggy!

May 4th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Jaclyn-- glad the low lying placenta resolved! I think that was the last post of yours I remember. My baby is kicking the crap out of me too. Last Sunday I was bowled over in pain, she is strong!!! LOL. I would rather feel her kick than not kick, but sheesh, be nice

May 4th, 2009, 05:45 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
I'm due in 2 days! I still can't believe I'm in the final stretch and I'm really trying to take the time to enjoy these last days (weeks?) because I know I'm going to miss being pregnant. I think she'll probably make her appearance this weekend or the beginning of next week. We'll find out soon enough how right my mother's intuition is! My uncomfortable periods are coming a little more often now, but for the most part I still feel great. I have been having a lot of contractions, but nothing unbearable or regular. As far as I know I still have my plug. I gave in and let my dr check me at my last appointment because I was curious and I'm 90% but not dilated at all. But I have faith that my body and my baby will do what they need to when the time is right!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search