I may be nursing two!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I stopped nursing Bryson in January, after my milk was nearly dried up and he seemed to not mind at all. Once a week or so later he acted like he wanted to nurse and then laughed at me, lol, so I knew he was ok with it. Well this past week I've been taking baths to help relax and he usually stays in the bathroom with me and plays with the bubbles in the water. Out of nowhere he's started going for my nipples like he wants to nurse and will say "Mmm" like he does when he eats something that he likes.

I don't mind and would happily nurse him again if that's what he wanted but where did this come from? Do you think he can sense something? Do I smell like milk again, lol? It's been like 5 months!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 6th, 2009, 11:37 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
If he is able and seems like he wants to, I would go for it Cindy! Nursing him while you are nursing the new baby as long as he doesn't get super jealous like Nicholas did (we are working on weaning him now even though I was planning on CLW'ing) is really great. It will bring your milk in much faster and keep your supply up really well.

May 6th, 2009, 12:13 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I ditto Ashley! See if you can get your milk back.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

May 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How funny! Go for it.
May 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
awesome!!!!!! I'm so psyched for you! I am sure it tastes much yummier now b/c you should have colostrum already. It's sooo good for him.
May 6th, 2009, 05:02 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that's so sweet. Go for it!
May 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe he does sense it! Some babies forget how to latch after a while, so he may not be able to go back to it, but if you're willing, you might as well let him try!

Quote:
If he is able and seems like he wants to, I would go for it Cindy! Nursing him while you are nursing the new baby as long as he doesn't get super jealous like Nicholas did (we are working on weaning him now even though I was planning on CLW'ing) is really great. It will bring your milk in much faster and keep your supply up really well.
That's normal at first. Abigail was jealous the first few weeks, but soon was able to accept her new little sister. Taking it away made it worse though, because then she wanted it even more, so I tried to make a point that she could nurse once a day. Maybe that would be a good direction to take, set some boundaries and let him nurse just once a day or a few times a day. That way he still gets it, but it's not overwhelming.

Expecting baby #4!

May 7th, 2009, 04:26 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
go for it! That would be so special.

May 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If he does start nursing again and you have any questions, let me know! There's also a handful of tandem moms on Breastfeeding Past One Year, you can ask questions there too (or get support).

Expecting baby #4!

May 7th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Thanks Andrea!

After my shower this morning he pointed at my boob so I got down to his level and he put his mouth there again and kind of sucked for like half a second and then smiled at me. I'm not sure if he still has the ability to suck but I guess we'll see soon enough. I'm excited to see!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 7th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so sweet! Im really scared that Emme will stop but now I have hope!

Oh and I wanted to add that I posted in the BFing past one year because Emme seems like she isnt showing much interest lately and a few mommas said that once the colostrum comes in she may want to nurse again. So maybe that is what is happening with you!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 7th, 2009, 10:54 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post

That's normal at first. Abigail was jealous the first few weeks, but soon was able to accept her new little sister. Taking it away made it worse though, because then she wanted it even more, so I tried to make a point that she could nurse once a day. Maybe that would be a good direction to take, set some boundaries and let him nurse just once a day or a few times a day. That way he still gets it, but it's not overwhelming.
Thanks Andrea! I might try that, I thought that he was doing okay because when I would ask him if he wanted his bottle of milk he would pretty much forget about it and run for wherever his bottle is.... but I'll see what happens if I let him have the BM instead.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search