Hi Everyone!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2009, 11:21 AM
My midwife and doula said that surrounding myself with others who were supportive of natural childbirthing would help me stay positive and healthy, so I searched until I found JM. I'm brand new and still learning my way around, but wanted to say hi to everyone!

My name is Heather, this is my 4th birth, but the first NCB. My last birthing was almost unmedicated, considering we made it to the hospital with less than 20 minutes to spare, and it was such a joyful experience I really wanted this for me and my baby this time. I am due early July, around the 4th, and am looking forward to talking with others!
May 7th, 2009, 11:38 AM
noworries
Welcome and congrats. This is a great group of ladies, you'll love it here.
May 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats on your 4th! What has made you want NCB this time around? And with having the baby only 20 mins after you got to the hospital, what medication did you have?
May 7th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks! I had a saddle block last time around, where they inject a narcotic in your back area and numbs you just where you would sit riding a horse, if that makes sense-...although that was completely dr guilt, he had sent us home four hours earlier saying I was "faking" my labor and not in labor...and I was...I had originally planned to have an epidural, and there was no time for that, just enough time to block for pushing.

What I noticed ( and yes, I was one of those that trusted OBs always knew best, I mean didn't they go to school for a very long time? And mine was very pro-medication, as in no woman should ever have to feel pain during birth) was my dd Hailey immediately was calm and responsive- there wasn't enough time for the drug to reach her. She wasn't sleepy, but alert and eyes open, and within minutes she had latched on and I was breastfeeding. She was better overall, and I felt pretty darn stupid for ever believing that the medicine didn't affect the baby. So after that we started changing a lot around our house, from what we ate and cleaned with to preparing for another baby and learning more about NCB.

I was always more scared of the pushing than the actual "labor", and I figured the pushing would be the worst...now I have heard from lots of others that I made it through the hardest part, and it felt good to be active and not tied to a bed! ( And at home for pretty much all of it, the shower was my friend!)

And while I have taken other courses in NCB, ( and never used them!) I am a Hypnobabies this time, and am enjoying every bit.
May 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Sounds like you have fast labors. You are in the right place though. Im thinking about doing hypnobabies this time. How do you like it so far?

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
May 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
So far I love Hypnobabies! I am lucky that we have classes here, and my doula is a certified teacher....so I will have extra help at the hospital too! Where I live we have really sticky rules for midwives and homebirths, and birthing centers, it can be done but I found out too late to really plan it...unless I just happen to have an "oops" homebirth!

I am halfway through the class portion and still trying to get the hang of it, but already it is making a huge difference!
May 7th, 2009, 05:42 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a drug-free birth and it was perfect. You can most definitely do it! The pushing will be no more of a problem than any other phase of the birth. Everything will be just fine. You are strong enough to handle it.

Welcome to JustMommies!

May 7th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I liked the pushing phase, it was intense, but really not painful. And what a relief to get that baby out! Water can be your best friend in labor, I felt the tub really helped me. If you can buy a big blow up pool or rent a birthing tub, I would recommend it.

I see your in NC, I have heard of birth centers in the state, of course it depends on where you live. It sounds like you've done your research though, so I won't give you any information you already have

Expecting baby #4!

May 7th, 2009, 07:13 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
welcome and thanks for joining us! I'm Cheryl, I am a co-host here and mommy to Acadia, born Jan 08. Jump right in!
May 7th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome!

May 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
welcome!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 7th, 2009, 08:03 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! You have definitely come to a great place to be surrounded by people who will support and encourage your plans for NCB.
I just had my 2nd NCB last month, but 3rd child.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

May 8th, 2009, 04:40 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome aboard! You sound just like you're geared to have a beautiful birth!

May 11th, 2009, 09:33 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

May 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome. This is definately a great place for support!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search