Natural stuff for morning sickness??????

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My midwife told me that they sell a tea there with ginger in it and that is basically the only thing besides eating a bunch of small meals a day. I just cant bring myself to eat. Everything sounds really gross right now. I called the herbal store and they said to take ginger capsules. Is there anything besides ginger? I know someone in my DDC mentioned B6. Has anyone used that?

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mint (I chew mint gum when I get car sick), ginger, and there is a medication someone just recommended to me, she said it's not really a medicine, but if you are vomiting, it's suppose to help. I'll look it up. I know a few others but they just aren't coming to me now.

Platinum Supermommy
My friend has used B6. She also said lemon drops and peppermint candies helped her. I hope you feel better.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
Platinum Supermommy
Mint (I chew mint gum when I get car sick), ginger, and there is a medication someone just recommended to me, she said it's not really a medicine, but if you are vomiting, it's suppose to help. I'll look it up. I know a few others but they just aren't coming to me now.

Platinum Supermommy
Double post

Life As We Know It

Last edited by Jennifer8080; May 7th, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
May 7th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Triple post

Life As We Know It
May 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Also, sometimes sour candies help- Preggo Pops are all natural and come in lots of yummy flavors! Candied ginger helped me, and I did a lot of Vit b6 too, and for the first few weeks all I could do is carry around a little baggie of cheerios and munch on a few every now and then...and lemon water!
May 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Sunny in CO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took Morning Sickness Magic which has ginger as well as B6 (plus some other things.) I was very, very sick again this pregnancy so it only helped for so long. I ended up using two different types of meds as well as taking B6 and unisom. It was 25mg B6 3 times a day and 1/2 a Unisom every 6 hours. Do check with your provider first.

(I was sick until around 13 weeks with DD and nearly 19 weeks with this little girl.)

Good luck!

May 7th, 2009, 03:54 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tried a preggy pop today- EWWWW! it was the purple, and I hope the other flavors are better, b/c they aren't cheap!

anyhow, smelling lavander extract helps some people, and many find that oranges help, or sweet orange extract.

for me eating loads of protien first thing, including a glass of milk, is helping.

May 7th, 2009, 06:21 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
when I felt queasy I would go for a walk. That worked best. Also preggo pops and candies but I didn't use those a lot because of all the sugar.

I have a recipe for a Ginger drink too, I never made it but it sounded tummy. I hope it passes fast for you honey!
May 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
there's also magnetic bracelets that are supposed to help. I think they are geared towards seasickness, but I've heard good things about using them for preggo morning sickness...

I probably shouldn't say this, but I've never had m/s so I don't have any personal experiences to help....

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 8th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Sunny in CO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I forgot to mention Sea Bands. About $10 at the drug store, use the pressure points on your wrist. I wore mine for months.

May 8th, 2009, 06:29 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
I bought some B6 that I never used, heck I could send them to you if you want. I also have the SeaBands, and I want to get one of those metal magnetic ones.. those are good for a lot of things other than MS though.

I ditto to pretty much everything else though.. lemon drops, tangerine Altoids, ginger ale.. I hear pretty much anything citrus whether you eat or smell it. I also personally eat a lot when I can eat. I can only eat so much when I'm already to the point of feeling crappy but if I eat a good amount when I'm well enough to that helps a lot, and then keep on track with eating little stuff after that. If I get too hungry I feel like crap otherwise I feel fine.

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
May 9th, 2009, 04:20 PM
mint and ginger have always helpped me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search