What do you call "the naughty bits"

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2009, 02:05 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
So I figure it's about time to start deciding what we will be calling our personal parts to Cadie. My mom called mine a "po" and she called my brother's a "doo doo" and I'm not too fond of those. Well, I guess doo doo isn't too bad.

What did your parents call them when you were growing up? What do you call them with your kids (BTDT moms) or what do you plan to call them in the future?

consider these all submissions they will all be taken into consideration
May 8th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm I dont know what my parents called them LOL
We call penis "pee pee" (DS is 5 almost 6 so it might be time to call it something else haha), for girls I think we call it their private parts (it really doesnt come up so I actually cant remember LOL) actually now that I think about it, when I ask them to wash their private parts, I tell them to wash their pee pee (and it goes for all the kids)

May 8th, 2009, 02:18 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I call them a vagina and penis, real original...lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 8th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom always called them private parts. A friend of mine calls breasts elbows....I advise against that. When she had another baby the little girl told me her mommy uses her elbows to feed the baby. I was like ***?!?!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
May 8th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer8080 View Post
My mom always called them private parts. A friend of mine calls breasts elbows....I advise against that. When she had another baby the little girl told me her mommy uses her elbows to feed the baby. I was like ***?!?!
lmao

I call them Vagina and penis and also for Nichole girly parts. We call them both. Its recommended to not have nick names for them without teaching the proper names even at a young age.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my mom called a vagina a "ginny" which is aquward now, since I've met people of that name and had to hold back the laughs!

I plan to call them penis and vagina- I feel it best promotes knowledge, understanding and acceptance.

May 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hahha my mom called it a "vagina," but if it was part of a sentence, the word vagina would be half whispered haha. Or private parts. That is a tough one though. Because the more knowledge they have, the more awkward situations can be... like the little girl I nanny for is 3 and tends to blurt loudly. I have a feeling her mom just laughs when she points out her boobs, because she will point at my chest and be like "your boobs.... hahahaha" like its the best knock knock joke or something and im like "uuuhh yaaa". Or when she says "that lady has BOOOBS!!!!!" really loud in public, thats always fun....

This actually reminds me when I was little whenever I asked my mom what feminine products were she would say "it's private." So on more than one occasion I said loudly in a public place "MOM I SEE PRIVATES IN YOUR PURSE!!!!!" I'm sure my mom was thrilled about that hahaha.

Last edited by monica8; May 8th, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
May 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
lol darn privates in your purse!!!

Its best to use real medical terms.. I would not be as embarressed if my child said "look your breasts" compared to boobs.

Same with nursing.. I never called it booby time, or whatever when nursing Nichole. We called it nursing. Good thing as she was an early talker. Said "tanks" after I nursed her at 10 months old! But she grew up saying she wanted to nurse... not such a big deal there. I also never let her just rip open my shirt to get a drink! lol She asked and I gave. lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 8th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my kids know the proper names of the parts though, we just dont use them in our daily talks.

Just a fun name they have for BRA - BOOBY lids!! they came up with it ROFLOL

May 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM
noworries
I'll be calling them penis and vagina.
May 8th, 2009, 04:22 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter calls her vagina her 'butt butt', she made that one up herself...lol

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom used the term "privates" for me. She kind of didn't tell my little brother a name for his penis and he used to call it his "tee tee thingy" LOL!
I'm not sure what we'll say, probably just call it a penis.

Dh kept asking Matthew if he wanted a booby but then realized maybe we shouldn't say that since eventually he'll talk and start asking for a booby, hehe.

May 8th, 2009, 05:05 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablepearl View Post
My daughter calls her vagina her 'butt butt', she made that one up herself...lol
gotta love kids

May 8th, 2009, 06:19 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Yeah, I call nursing "nurse" to Cadie, so maybe we will stick to real names or privates.

I had a friend tell me once that her mom called it her "front butt" which is beyond hysterical.
May 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
We just say "pee-pee" for private parts in general. Eventually we'll talk about the differences and actual names, but until she asks about it, we'll leave it be.

I honestly don't remember growing up what we called them...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablepearl View Post
LOL!

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
May 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Having worked in childcare, I 've heard lots of them. I have heard "cookie" and "mumu" for girl bits and "noodle" for boy. Personally, I have a problem with naming them after food products. The "mumu" was funny one day though, because the girl that used that term was about 4, and one of the 2 yr olds called her grandma Mumu. So when mom dropped the 2yo off one day and told her that Mumu would pick her up, the 4yo old yells "How is it going to do that?" I also had a girl that call it her "little butt". We'll probably call them both a peepee or their actual names.

May 8th, 2009, 06:52 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our kids know they are actually a penis or vagina, but when speaking of them I just refer to them privates.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

May 8th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My parents were never really open about things, including sex, so we never said vagina or penis in my house. I guess that made me feel weird about using those words, and even though I try, I have a hard time saying them.

For now, I ocassionally call them vagina or penis, but usually "girl parts" and "boy parts". For boobs they are boobs, breast or "milky" We're very open with that term since Abby still nurses.

May 8th, 2009, 07:17 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I definitely want Grace to know what the actual terms are but I don't know how thrilled with her talking about her vagina when she's like...3. It just sounds cuter for her to call it something else, if she must talk about it, lol. I don't have a problem with boobs but I want her to know they're also breasts and be comfortable with using the medical terms as well.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search