Introducing Emory Christopher!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Hi everyone!! I'm so excited to share with you some pictures of our newest addition, Emory Christopher. He was born yesterday morning at 10:02 a.m., weighing 7 lbs 15 oz and 21.5 inches long. I was 38 weeks exactly.

Thursday afternoon I had a midwife appointment and after that was having regular, timeable but painless contractions for a few hours. I had a few more intense ones on Friday but nothing that I even bothered to time because they hardly felt like anything. Then Saturday night I had a few but they calmed when Bryson went to bed and I was able to relax. So Sunday morning (Mother's Day!) I kept waking up to contractions and going back to sleep in between them. I am assuming this was around 4:00 a.m. but I'm not certain because I was so annoyed I never even bothered to look at the clock. Then after a few that I had to breathe through I realized that I should probably time them just in case. I went downstairs at 5:30 a.m. and got on the computer and started to time them. I had a huge jug of water and stayed on my left side the whole time. The contractions were anywhere from 4-7 minutes apart so after an hour I got up to pee and to call the midwives. When I went to the bathroom I had bloody show so I was really starting to believe it finally. The midwives told me to come on in. I went to wake up DH and told him I thought we were going to have a baby today and he looks at me and says, "are you serious?" He then gets up quickly and hops in the shower. I called our neighbor to come over to watch Bryson while we got everything ready and we left at about 7:45. The car ride there was not fun but I was able to bear it by laughing and joking with DH and trying to sing through the contractions. I was starting to have back pain at this time so I was getting a little worried but as soon as we got there and I got out of the car the back pain was gone. Once we got inside the midwife checked me and said I was already 7-8 cm and was glad we made it on time. I was floored! I was convinced we'd get there and I'd only be 1-2 cm. She immediately started the water for me in the tub and we did the EFM for the now mandatory 30 minutes. Luckily, it's waterproof so I was able to get into the tub with it on and really didn't mind it at all. Once in the water I found the best position was on my hands and knees, which is pretty much how I stayed the entire time. My DH and the midwife were amazing and kept the room in complete silence for me. I found that low moans really helped me during the contractions and after a while I could definitely feel pressure. The midwife asked me to push gently on the next push and see how it felt. She didn't even bother to check me because she said she knew by the way I sounded that I must be fully dilated or at least close to it. I was scared for a brief moment to push because I had a flashback of pushing for 3 hours with Bryson but mentally steadied myself and gave it a try. The first time I hardly pushed at all but with the next contraction I couldn't NOT push. It felt so right and was so intense but gave me such purpose. The midwife nearly immediately told me she could see a bulge and to put my hand down there to guide his head out when I could feel it. This was amazing advice and it worked so well in helping me push him out slowly. He came out in just 7 short minutes of pushing and the placenta was only 6 minutes after that. The absolute best part is that I had only a tiny skid mark and needed no stitches at all! I'm ecstatic about that because minimizing tearing this time was a huge goal of mine.

I feel like superwoman. I can't believe how wonderful and easy it all seemed. I never once thought or said I couldn't do it. I'm so proud of myself!!

Emory is a great nurser already. I am so amazed at how easy it seems to be for him. He's such a tiny little thing compared to Bryson and we are just in love.

Here are some pics:

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 11th, 2009, 08:21 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Cindy... that is the fastest labor I ever heard!!! LOL I think I had the longest labor ever. He's beautiful!!!! Congrats again!!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

May 11th, 2009, 10:08 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He has such wonderful cheeks!!!!!

Congrats momma!!!!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 11th, 2009, 10:22 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great post! He is beautiful and he looks so peaceful. Congratulations!!!

May 12th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
So beautiful. Congratulations!!!!
May 12th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What??? How did I miss this??? CONGRATULATIONS!!! Im so freakin excited for you! He is so handsome! That will teach me to disappear for a couple of days.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 12th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! you look GREAT and baby is beautiful!

May 12th, 2009, 11:22 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations! hes beautiful

May 16th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Cindy! He is so precious!

May 16th, 2009, 07:15 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
Whata great birth story, congrats! He's beautiful!
May 17th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! He is adorable!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 17th, 2009, 08:05 AM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
Congrats Cindy! You did amazing!! What a wonderful Mother's Day present, he's a cutie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search