"An End in Sight"

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2009, 05:42 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's so funny every time I hear someone say they are so excited to have an induction date because it means there is an "end in sight"...

Like the baby was never going to come out.

It's especially odd to hear when the date is before the DD. Like after all this time, the DD just isn't good enough anymore?

I saw it a few times in the past week and coudn't help but mention it. LOL
May 11th, 2009, 05:48 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Ya wanna come to my DDC? We are all in like the 33-37 week range and it is getting ugly with the talk of inductions and "fear" of big babies. Sigh.

May 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Ya wanna come to my DDC? We are all in like the 33-37 week range and it is getting ugly with the talk of inductions and "fear" of big babies. Sigh.

May 11th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
its kinda sad.. I know I had an induction with the first but we have talked abou tthat here before, I was late! Not a little but a lot. lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 12th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
That is kinda funny. Like, if they didn't get an induction, they could be pregnant for 3 more years. LOL

May 12th, 2009, 06:33 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I think it reflects the pervasive distrust in nature. Like if the doctor didn't rescue them with an induction, then the baby would never come out on its own. What does that say about their feelings regarding their own bodies and abilities?

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
May 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I agree Danielle.

My mom was allowed to go almost 3 weeks past both of her due dates with my sister and me. She ended up having to be induced though because my sister and I didn't want to come out!! We were both large babies too - I weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz. when I was born. So, I see a need for inductions when people go well over their EDD, but then again, I'm hoping that my midwife will let me go at least 2 weeks over mine before receiving an induction, if needed.
May 12th, 2009, 09:02 AM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah definitely. This was only really making me laugh because they are before the DD.
May 12th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Oh yeah! There are girls on my DDC that are still 2 weeks before their DD's and they're like OMG get it out get it out, come home crying when the hospital won't induce their "false" labors because the baby would be "premature" (at least the hospital cares about the baby's safety!). There's a reason they are not in labor at 37 weeks and they just can't take it. Then some have managed to force labor on and cause themselves all sorts of pain... insane!!!!!

Facebook
May 12th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Everything I post today is coming in 2's and 3's and even 10's LOL!

Facebook

Last edited by Momof4Boyz; May 12th, 2009 at 09:18 AM.
May 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
WilNat's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
I think it reflects the pervasive distrust in nature. Like if the doctor didn't rescue them with an induction, then the baby would never come out on its own. What does that say about their feelings regarding their own bodies and abilities?
I never understood that. I want my baby to bake as long as he needs to! Plus I see it as the last time for the rest of his life where he is only mine, the last little while where I don't have to share him at all. But mind you I love being pregnant so that might be why I'm in no hurry for him to get out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search