What would you do....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2009, 02:23 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if you knew you ovulated on a certain date, but as most docs do, they use your LMP to determine due date. If you knew it was off based on charting, etc, would you tell them the date you ovulated or would you adjust your "LMP" based on 14 days before you ovulated? I know a big thing about NCB is having a correct EDD.

With Dean, I knew I ovulated early and so he was 1 full week ahead of what my LMP said. So, it worked in my favor, but if it were to happen again, I would think I would just tell them the date of my LMP was 14 days before the day I ovulated. Is that bad?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

May 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I think if its a matter of a day or two, or in your favor, I wouldn't worry about.
Like I know there is no way I am due the 15th, as that mean I would have had a positve HPT at around 3 weeks 2 days. lol Also means that the super sperm would have had to live a week in me before getting me pregnant. So I know my true date is the 12th. Not worth fighting over it for 3 days. but I have a midwife and I doubt she would care anyways.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 12th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not at all, I did it with Anna. When I got pregnant with Abby, I tried to tell them the day I ovulated and they could have cared less. Even once my first ultrasound showed that they were 5 days off, they kept the EDD based on my LMP. So when I got pregnant with Anna, I adjusted my LMP to fit thier charts, so it would be accurate. When I switched to the birth center, my midwives however, gladly used the due date based off of ovulation. I felt 5 days was significant enough, considering some doctors will induce around 41 weeks. Had I gone off of my LMP, I would have been 8 days late with her, and I know some doctors would be pushing induction before that.

May 12th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I plan on "lying" to make my due date in my favor. If the US shows me to be further along Im going to tell the midwife that I know my due date is later because of blah blah blah. I would do it to give me a little more time. Of course if you go into labor too early then you can wind up at a hospital too... Anything before 37 weeks and I would have to go to a hospital. So I dont want to fudge too much.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 12th, 2009, 03:47 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
We were 100% sure with Cadie the date we dtd. It can take a few days to actually implant. The u/s tech tried to say she should be due a week earlier, bit my midwife kept it as is.

I would stand my ground if I felt strongly. First time around I didn't know well enough but luckily my midwife did!

We were 100% sure with Cadie the date we dtd. It can take a few days to actually implant. The u/s tech tried to say she should be due a week earlier, bit my midwife kept it as is.

I would stand my ground if I felt strongly. First time around I didn't know well enough but luckily my midwife did!

May 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've never had them question me but once. I have always taken in my chart with me to show when I ovulated. Now, granted, for me ovulating "late" isn't a matter of a few days... with Nola we conceived on CD 61 and with this baby it was CD 32. That's a HUGE difference.

Of course, i've never been to an OB. My midwives have never gone off my LMP because I make it clear that I have NEVER had regular cycles and that isn't accurate.

The only time it was an "issue" was when I had my first u/s with Nola. It was at an OB clinic and the u/s tech looked at my LMP and said I was 15 weeks, when really I was only 8. She did a double take and said, you don't look 15 weeks! lol, so I explained it to her. But my pics from that u/s still say 15 weeks on them

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 12th, 2009, 09:33 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I told the midwife this time that I knew I did not conceive according to LMP and explained my numbers. She sent me for a dating u/s which proceeded to prove me correct. I am glad I spoke up and said something because even my dates were too soon. According to LMP I would be due the 13th of July. According to when I thought I ovulated it would be the 16/17th but my due date by both that dating u/s and the "big" u/s say I am due the 21st. I am sticking with that since it seems to work in my favor if he decides to be late.

If I expected trouble I would tell them that I was irregular etc so that they don't put some silly date on when your baby should be born.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

May 12th, 2009, 10:03 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I told my mw my ovulation date, and she went off of that. She knew it would be more accurate.

May 13th, 2009, 04:26 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a firm believer that if you feel you need to lie to your care provider about anything then they are the wrong CP for you. I would need a CP who trusts me, and trusts that I know my body.

May 13th, 2009, 07:14 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand your point Cheryl, and normally I would feel the exact same way, but I have been with this doc through all my issues and he's great - he lets me do anything I want - and he gives me all the assurances I need emotionally to sustain my pregnancies. When we lost our #2 baby, he was crying when he walked into the room at my checkup. I wasn't even crying yet!

I know with Dean I ovulated 5 days earlier than the traditional 14day cycle. I had an u/s on CD7 and she was astounded to see I was about to ovulate. We DTD two days later and caught the egg! So, I knew my EDD was 5 days earlier than what my LMP would show and EVERY u/s I had (and I had one every 2 weeks b/c of my history - preemie birth/PPROM, cerclage/PPROM/loss at 15w) showed that Dean measured 5 days ahead of the LMP EDD. When I asked my doc about it, he said two things (1) I don't expect it to matter because I don't expect you to give birth in September and (2) we only adjust it if it's more than 1 week.

Well, I did make it to September and they ended up inducing me at 39w according to LMP, 39w5d according to ovulation because my placenta was aging badly and my fluid level was dropping. I think all these things would have been normal to see in a woman at her EDD, but was alarming to see a week earlier. Maybe I'm wrong.....

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search