Finally introducing myself!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2009, 09:31 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies! I have been lurking here for awhile and decided it's finally time to say hello! I am 19 weeks along and a member of the October DDC...I see a couple of our ladies over here. Anyway, I am planning a completely natural home waterbirth with my midwife and am very excited. I have one son who was born in the traditional hospital fashion...induced 3 days after my due date because according to my doc I was putting my baby at risk if we waited any longer (granted I had a completely healthy, normal uncomplicated pregnancy). Had the stadol, epidural which the numbness took forever to wear off, literally had to be woken up to push yada yada. So, this time around I am a lot more educated and I am the one in charge. When I asked my doc about homebirths last time he told me that if I wanted to talk about homebirths then we could talk dead babies!

I will quit my rant for now..lol It's just the more I find out the more passionate I am getting about natural childbirth. I am a massage therapist and very much into alternative health. My hubby is totally on board with the homebirth as is my family so that helps a lot. I think that's all for now. I look forward to getting to know you gals! I have enjoyed reading your forum so far and am learning a lot.
May 12th, 2009, 10:58 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Catherine!! I'm 20wks and a few days so were really close together! I'm in the Sept DDC (barely).

I took some massage training a few years ago and loved it. I never finished as I ended up getting promoted at work but it's always been something in the back of my mind that I really want to do.

What a complete jerk your doc was. UGGGH! That's great that your family is so supportive, mine seems to be as well.

I'm so glad you posted! Welcome!
May 13th, 2009, 07:01 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I cannot believe your old doc said that! That's horrible!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

May 13th, 2009, 07:08 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
When I asked my doc about homebirths last time he told me that if I wanted to talk about homebirths then we could talk dead babies!

Holy cow. What a douche. Wow.

Did you massage thru your whole pregnancy last time? I am an acupuncturist and being on my feet most of the day is not fun! The one MT that works with me worked thru her entire pregnancies, and one was 42 weeks! I give her credit. At least I can steal a seat for a few minutes here and there.

May 13th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
YAY! Glad to see you over here I've noticed a few others from our DDC that are also part of the Natural Childbirth board, and I think it's so great that you're planning on a home water birth!! As you know already I'm also a Massage therapist, and had a pretty miserable first experience myself. I'm also planning a water birth but at a birth center.

May 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe your doctor said that! It's horrible!!

I'm Desirea, my son is Linden and was born on Christmas Day last year. =) I was induced because my water broke and labor hadn't started, had the gel and pitocin - still came out with a NCB =)

May 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM
mom2bri's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi welcome! It's nice to have you join. My jaw dropped when I read your doc reaction, what a rude comment I had a similar birth with DD and also decided not to go through it again. I am from the Sept. DDC so we are just a couple weeks apart. Very happy you decided to finally post

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 13th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks for such a warm welcome! I was so happy when I found this board because I need some like minded gals to chat with! My family just moved to AZ a year ago and everyone that we know here that has had babies have all had c-sections! I guess the rates here at the hospitals are pretty high..like everywhere else I imagine. Yes, my former OB was pretty rude about it. It was my first and I was younger than I am now so I didn't speak up about anything..plus, I had no idea how birth was supposed to be. Now, after feeling cheated out of a true birth experience I am going into this one full force!

Wow...looks like there are a few of us that are all close together in dates. That will be awesome...will be nice to have extra support and I can't wait to share birth stories
May 13th, 2009, 01:21 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those doctors just HATE competition, don't they? Welcome and I hope you have a beautiful and perfect homebirth.

May 13th, 2009, 05:09 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it is so sad when doctors are so anti homebirth, especially when the research says it is as safe or safer the hospital birthing!

I'm planning a home waterbirth as well! Although I'll be just a few moths after you

May 14th, 2009, 07:16 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Welcome! It's nice to have more like minded people around here!

Come visit my blog!
May 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! So excited about your homebirth and that your DH is on board. I hope you get everything out of it that your dumb doc took away from you the last time.
May 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Haha...my dumb doc only empowered me more! I think because he basically controlled every aspect of my labor and delivery last time I look back on it with regret and anger to be quite honest (I feel cheated) and just am looking forward to this labor and delivery even more. His rude and uninformed comment never did turn me off of homebirthing which was a good thing. I think that would have scared a lot of people, but I knew from age 17 that I would do it someday...the opportunity just wasn't right with my son unfortunately. Now my same son who knows about his highly controlled hospital birth is excited about having this baby at home! We got my birth kit on tuesday from the midwife and he was poking around in before I had a chance to. He's 9 so he plans on helping I guess. As far as hubby goes, yes, he is very on board. At first when I asked his opinion on it he was all "Why don't you just do what other women do.' When I explained to him that other women have c-sections and are induced he was cool with it. Now everyone he knows has wives who have had c-sections recently and he tells everyone we're having a homebirth! When people ask us..he does most of the talking. It's great...he knows I would never ever choose anything that I thought would harm our child. Again, so glad I found you ladies!!!
May 14th, 2009, 01:44 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
hi, welcome and thanks for joining us. I'm Cheryl a co-host here and mommy to Acadia, born last January. Your homebirth sounds great! Our next will be at home as well.
May 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey!!! Good to see ya in here! Always nice to see someone from the DDC!

May 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I'm Jennifer (26) and am NTNP for our first right now. We'll probably start actively trying again this summer.

I look forward to getting to know you. I cannot believe how rude your doc was! It sounds like you have ton of support for your homebirth.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
May 14th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Welcome! I'm also brand spankin' new to this particular forum as well.
I'm Jen and I'm 26 weeks pregnant - part of the August DDC. Very excited to be here and to read about stories such as yours and the other women on these boards. It's very nice to be surrounded by women who feel the same way about birth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search