Officially intruducing myself

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
WilNat's Avatar Veteran
Hi my name is Kate, I am 23 weeks pregnant with my secound baby. I am in the september DDC, and I am hoping for an all nutaral birth!

I have posted on here a few times but I thought I would introduce myself officially .

A little background info. My oldest son is nearly 9 months old. I had him at the hospital. I had planned for an ncb with him but labour was harder and longer than I thought it would be. Long story short, my baby was posterior, I went through about 22 hours of labour before my midwife suggested breaking my water to see if it could speed things along since I was still only 2cm dialated. When that was done the contractions got even stronger with no progress. I had a shot of stadol to help with the pain about 2 hours later. After that my contractions got too weak so they had to give me pitt. Since I had to get pitt, they transfered my care from my midwife to an Ob. I gave birth to my beautiful son 8 hours later after pushing for three hours. Not exactly the birth I had planned but I am still proud of myself for doing it. This time I feel more prepared and I am confident I can get my 100% natural birth!

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

May 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
mom2bri's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Kate is good to see you on this forum!! Welcome! I am glad this time around you are taking control of your labor. I am the same just went along with the doc last time but not this time. I am so glad you decided to officially join

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I know our birth doesn't always turn out the way we hoped, but it sounds like you did what you could to try for a natural birth. Hopefully this labor is much easier and quicker for you!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

May 13th, 2009, 02:24 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm new too and in the October DDC. I agree sounds like you did your best with your first birth...here's hoping that you get exactly the one you want for this baby!
May 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I hope this baby is in the OA position and you have a seamless and perfect natural birth.

May 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome kate! Most women have 1/2 to 3/4 of the length of their labor for their second baby, some even shorter, especially when they had a issue with malpositioning previously!

I bey you'll do great! You should try to focus on optimal fetal positioning this time, and if you can, hire a doula. She'll be wonderful labor support, and will be a good resource for positioning too.

May 14th, 2009, 08:18 AM
WilNat's Avatar Veteran
Thaks Cheryl
I am doing exercises on a birthing ball to try to get everything symmetrical in there. I try to concentrate on my posture and I get on all fours a few times a day.Hopfully that will make a difference and get this little one in a good position.

May 14th, 2009, 08:37 AM
WilNat's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2bri View Post
Hi Kate is good to see you on this forum!! Welcome! I am glad this time around you are taking control of your labor. I am the same just went along with the doc last time but not this time. I am so glad you decided to officially join
Thanks mom2bri (sorry I'm not good with names)
I had planned on a natural birth with my first. It's not that I wasn't in controle the first time (well at least not for the first part). I think I was just too confident that everything was going to go smoothly. I had done some research on the different interventions and I had decided I did not want an epidural. My mistake was that I had not done a lot of research on the alternatives. I was so sure I was gonna be able to handle the pain that when I started to have trouble I realised I didn't know about a lot of other options. Add to that many many hours of unproductive labour and I got discouraged That lead to me agreeing to the stadol and that lead to other interventions. If I had known more about it, and had other techniques to releive the pain, I would not have taken it. But you learn from your mistakes I guesse. This time I know more about natural pain managment and I know what labour feels like and that it can be long. I feel better prepared and I'm sure I can do it!

I'm sure you can do it too! We'll be giving birth around the same time. I can't wait to read your birth story!

May 14th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! I hope your labor is much easier this time!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 14th, 2009, 12:18 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Kate! Congrats on baby #2 and I hope you get more of the birth you envisioned.
May 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Welcome officially to the board

May 14th, 2009, 08:28 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
hi! Sorry it took me so long to respond, my online time is unpredictable with a pretty demanding 16 month old. I try to do some responding on my iphone but that is not fast.

anyway, I am Cheryl, co-host here. I too pushed for 3 hours with my daughter. Talk about exhausting, eh?

thanks for joining us!
May 15th, 2009, 11:42 AM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY another Sept DDCer Welcome!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search