Amazing midwife appt (xposted)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Not because of anything that had to do with ME though lol. We're still good, baby's HB is good, BP is good, pee was good lol. Just waiting now! She did say that his head was very very low, so low she had a hard time feeling it. WHICH completely makes sense because last night I was on the couch and he started going wild in there, like beyond active. It was very painful, I told DH last night it felt like he was turning side to side and like driving himself down. Then last night I woke up a lot soo uncomfortable and feeling like I was going to pee myself... but not having to pee hardly any. All day today I've rushed to the bathroom every 10 minutes for a tinkle so yeah his head went wayyyy down!! She made me an appt for 1 week from today but said, "I doubt you'll make it"... She doesn't know me though, I'll probably make it and THEN some lol!!!

Anyway the amazing part... my appt is at 1, we got there a bit early and the doors were still locked so we wait a bit then they opened up, well a car pulled in right as she unlocked the door and this pregnant lady comes like RUNNING up behind me and pretty much pushes me aside lol. I was like *** then I realized.. oh crap she's in labor! So she gets into the room and all the midwifes and the intern girls go in after her. The boys and I sign in and I go handle my cup (pee), sit down and the screams/moans start. You would have thought there were no walls it was so loud lol. I was having major sympathy pains for her but the kids were cracking up (somehow with MY children I'm not surprised). Then Joe asked me "what is wrong with her?" and I said, she's having a baby and it hurts bad! Once he realized she was doing it because she was in pain his whole outlook on it changed and everytime she'd start making noises (which were 3-5 minutes apart) his eyes would get big and he'd say, "oh man mom you sure you wanna have that baby?" lol. Since the midwifes were all in with her we just had to kind of wait - no biggy though, I expect the same care when my time comes! As I'm listening to her I could hear this change in her voice during the contractions and before I completely realized why the change (pushing) we heard it..... the screams of a newborn! It was pretty awesome! Then we got to hear the baby crying on and off for about 15 minutes until one of the ladies came out and took me for my appt, even back there we could hear the baby... my boobs are SOO full right now it's crazy!!! Those cries sent me into "make breastmilk" mode lol! I called and told my mom and she's like maybe that's what you needed to send you into labor! lol we'll see! The receptionist said the girl had came in earlier for her appt and said she THOUGHT she was in labor but wasn't sure... and she was ready to push basically once she got there at 1.. so even if her appt was 9am that's only 4 hours, wow!! Pretty good!!! Hope mines that fast lol!

Facebook
May 13th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww, that sounds so sweet I arrived at an appt once and suddenly heard the tiny cry of a newborn and I couldn't help tearing up. We got to see the little peanut, only a few hours old. It's so beautiful to see a newborn baby!

May 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
that is so awesome, and funny about your boobs. during our birthing class, three babies were born in the 7 hours!!!!!! we did not hear anything, but saw the flags.

May 13th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
that is really cool!!!! I hope yours is sweet and short as well

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 13th, 2009, 08:01 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Wow, what a story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search