Just ignore me while I rant some more!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
My mother is at it again! She's talking about leaving Saturday to come up, no no no no nooooo!!!!!! She keeps saying, "well they're not gonna let you go another week". YES THEY ARE! I don't know what part of they do not induce and going past due is OK she does not get! It's making me mental! I told Dh he's gotta talk to her and make her realize she shouldn't come yet because obviously what I'm saying isn't working!! I really do not want anyone here before he comes, quite honestly I would prefer not to have anyone here before he comes and not for a few weeks AFTER but that's not going to happen. I told her he's not coming this week, probably next week, MAYBE the week after. If she comes up, I swear I will hold this child in till she's gone just because!

Facebook
May 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL. Im sorry she isnt listening... Sounds like she is too anxious. I think it is hard for them to think of the fact that we may not want them there. I hope she gets the hint without getting her feelings hurt.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Aww, I know how you feel. When I was 36 weeks with Bryson my OB told me I was already 1-2 cm and 70% effaced so of course everyone was telling me there was no way I'd make it to my due date. We had my mom fly up at 38 weeks and he wasn't born until 41 weeks 2 days. It was hell. I love my mom but by the time he arrived I was ready to throw her out, lol. So this time we didn't allow anyone to come up and my parents aren't coming until after DH goes back to work in 3 weeks.

I hope your mom will get the hint. I really do feel your pain. HUGS!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 14th, 2009, 10:23 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Yikes! We made a rule no one could stay overnight for a week after Cadie was born. Can you try something like that?
May 14th, 2009, 01:05 PM
That's my problem, I don't want to hurt her feelings but she's getting me to the point it's pissing me off! I do not mind her coming up afterwards, I mean I'd rather have some time to adjust BUT I know in the end I'll appreciate having someone to drive DS back and forth to school in the days following, someone to watch Jay so I can snooze while the baby does ect. But if she comes up before hand she's going to ruin my plans. I just want DH, myself and the kids at the center for the birth - I'll be much more comfortable knowing the kids are close by. But with my mom she'll want to keep them at the house with her so I'll be worried the whole time. Or, even worse she'll want to come with us and I can only imagine how she'd deal with that. She couldn't handle being there for my previous births so I know she can't handle being there this time. DH is well aware that if he offers/mentions the hospital or getting drugs I will divorce him lol. Plus the plan is to stay home as long as possible, and I can soooo hear my mom going crazy about getting drugs to make things less painful, or telling DH he should just take me to the hospital and going on and on about "we should go now" when I'm in pain. ugh! She hasn't called yet today (amazing!) but she's bound to... I feel bad but I've been lying to her and telling her I'm having NO signs of labor (I've been contracting all day long like crazy!). But I don't want to fuel her need to come sooner... ey yi yi!
Dh is going to talk to her tonight (via messenger he gets too mean on the phone) and try to talk her into waiting by just telling her how much I'll need help afterwards. We'll see....

Anyway, thanks for listening to me piss and moan lol!

Facebook
May 19th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
So, you posted on the 14th about contracting all day....any news? It's been 5 days! Is Baby H here? Did Mom arrive unwanted?

May 19th, 2009, 08:15 AM
No baby, no mama!

My mom, well I feel so bad but I've just been totally lying to her. The contractions aren't as frequent as they were but they're much more uncomfortable now and I'm spotting some so it's coming! I just tell her that there's nothing going on lol. She wanted to leave Saturday and I just said, ya know mom you're gonna get here and he's not gonna come this week or next week. What's gonna happen is I'm going to have him and 2 days later you'll have to leave so not only will you not get to spend time with him but I won't have any help. She's like but but but... and so I used the only thing I could think of --- What if I need induced mom? I need someone here for THAT because the kids won't be able to come to the hospital and she's like oooo... I never thought of that. So she's on hold now. She finally said, well just call me when you want me to leave. I told her of course I would and so far she's left it at that. I am soo going straight to hell for all this fibbing to my mom but she's left me no choice! She needs some patience!!

Facebook
May 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hah! Well at least it was effective!

May 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*mentally saving that for when its my turn*
May 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
haha that is awesome!! =)

May 19th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL I don't blame you. Moms will be moms and I'm sure we will be doing this same thing someday...lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search