Another member of Sept DDC joining you ladies

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! Im Lindsey and Im due Sept 17th with my second ( a surprise ). With DD I got an epidural because I really never knew of anyone going natural. I thought it was just what you did. I didn't enjoy my experience at all.

While pushing my doc said "do you want to tear or do you want me to cut you". I was totally unprepared for this, especially I didn't know what to answer because I was out of it so I just said cut me. So Im upset that I wasn't more prepared about all aspects of birth. I just finished reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and now I know a main reason it was taking long for DD's head to come out is because I was so nervous about pooping! It seems silly I know, but I wasn't allowing myself to relax or to push correctly and I couldn't feel my contractions or my legs.

I can't wait to try for a natural birth this time. I want to feel in control and feel when to push and to be able to get up soon after giving birth. I am meeting with a doula next Saturday for an interview but from already emailing her I think I will really click with her. Im excited!

After telling friends and listening to their negative reactions Im excited to join here to get more support. I don't know anyone IRL who has delivered without an Epi so I look forward to getting support and advice here.

Sorry for such a long post!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
congrats o your pregnancy and welcome!!!
I also was induced and had an epi with my first... you live and learn. I didn't get cut though

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 15th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Same here! Induced, epi, and episiotomy with my first... I totally hated the experience and was unprepared. Then with Emme it was all natural! So much better. It is well worth it! Welcome!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! I'm so excited another Sept DDCer has joined! I can't wait to hear about your appt!!
May 15th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Sunny in CO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and Welcome!

May 15th, 2009, 04:10 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there and welcome! I hope you will have a beautiful and perfect natural birth.

May 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!

I was induced but didn't have any drugs =)

Welcome!!

I was induced but didn't have any drugs =)

May 15th, 2009, 04:49 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Lindsey! I love stories like yours. Once you have that wonderful natural birth you will be able to help so many women because you have experienced both sides.
May 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome Lindsey!! I'm so excited you have decided to join us. That book is amazing, isn't it? I'm Cindy, mommy to Bryson (19 months) and Emory (5 days old) and one of the co-hosts here. If there is anything I can do at all to help you achieve your natural birth. It's an amazing experience and I can't wait to get to know you better!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 15th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Welcome!!! I can totally relate on all the negative reactions, it's seems almost no one goes natural anymore! But this board is great, you'll find that missing support here!!

Facebook
May 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Welcome and thanks for joining us. I'm Cheryl, the other co-host here and mom to Acadia who is 16 months old. Jump right in and let us know any way we can help you out.

We love the Ina May book here, we also always recommend "the thinking women's guide to a better birth" by Henci Goer as well. It's tres informative.
May 16th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I also had an epidural with my first daughter Abigail (2) and a natural birth with my second daughter, Anna (5 months). I think it helps to have given birth both ways because when people doubt you, you can tell them how different the 2 experiences were. My recovery with my second daughter was much quicker and I felt my labor and pushing was much for effective by being able to move around, feel what was going on and work with my body.

There are a lot of helpful topics on here and you'll probably learn something just by reading posts, so I hope you stick around!

Expecting baby #4!

May 16th, 2009, 04:37 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I bet you'll enjoy your birth so much mre this time, and how you feel afterwards! The recovery of a NCB is sooooo much easier.

May 16th, 2009, 04:58 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hi and welcome

May 17th, 2009, 08:27 AM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
Hi Linds!! We have already discussed NCB so many times so you know I'm your biggest supporter!! Glad you decided to join us... I can't wait for you to achieve your NCB!
May 17th, 2009, 08:23 PM
mom2bri's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Its good to see you here from the Sept DDC, welcome! I am glad you decided to join the fun, everyone here is very nice and supportive. My story sounds very similar to yours and so I am also going the NCB route this time, I am really excited to have a different birthing experience as well.

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 17th, 2009, 08:30 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello! I'm from the October DDC (and a newbie to this board)...your first delivery sounds a lot like mine! I too got an episiotomy and had an epi...knew a lot about pregnancy, but didn't know much about delivery. I also just finished Ina May's book. Didn't you feel empowered after reading it!!?? Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope you get that awesome natural delivery this time around!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search