Confession

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2009, 07:24 PM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
I REALLY want a natural c.b., but at the same time I am terrified. I had a stomach bug the other night and was in so much pain that DH thought I was going into labor. I just looked up at him and commented how I am a big wimp... if I can't handle a stomach ache how am I ever going to do a natural cb? Don't get me wrong, I still have every intention of doing it, but I am so scared at the same time. Especially because I am getting so much closer.

May 18th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
well I have not had a natural child birth as of yet, but wanted to say that its differnt when the pain is for a reason. A stomach bug has no good outcome. Labor does! You can do it!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 18th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
it's completely different! I'll tell you, with my second, it took me a long time to realize I was in labor. I'd been VERY constipated for days and had that stabbing crampy pain off and on. Well, for me, when labor started, I thought it was constipation cramps. I was mad (it was the middle of the night) and hated it. BUT the moment I realized this was LABOR and not cramps, it was completely different. Knowing the pain was for a purpose and that my baby was coming made it completely more tolerable than thinking it was pain for no good reason.

It's like the argument that "you wouldn't have dental work without pain meds". They can't be compared. Labor pain has a purpose, it has a reason for being there, it's not just pain for no reason. There are benefits to it, and you get something wonderful out of it.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 19th, 2009, 05:28 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am totally with the other gals. The huge differences between a crappy illness and labor make it completely seperate in how I feel about them and how I think I'll handle them. I also am a wimp about being sick, but I know a NCB will be something I can do, and you too!!!!!!

May 19th, 2009, 05:44 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
How funny you post this. last night I was either having contractions or really bad gas pains and I was like, this is just a taste, eh? LOL. I think it is normal to be scared or doubt yourself. I am just counting on being prepared and having a good support system (doula, DH, midwives, etc).

May 19th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's normal for many women to have second thoughts about labor before it begins. It is very different though, the contractions come and go and it's easier to get through the pain than when you are sick or hurt. You can do this!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

May 19th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks guys. Thankfully I have a good plan in place and I will have really great people there to help me through it... I guess it's the not knowing what to expect that doesn't help. I really just don't want to be wimp. I really just want to do what's going to be best for my baby. I'm just really nervous.

May 19th, 2009, 12:18 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww- it sounds like you deserve a shopping or spa day, something to help you relax and destress. Towards the end it can be easy to worry, b/c everything is done and you're anxious!

May 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
It's normal to fear the unknown! Doesn't mean you can't do it! Are you staying active? I firmly believe being physically strong for labor is important. Are you doing kegals? Also a big help. Get as strong as you can!
May 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I actually needed a good cry. It turns out that I have been more stressed about OTHER things than I have about my upcoming adventure and never even realized it.

I am still working, at a physically demanding job. I have been doing a whole bunch of things around the house and the yard. However because my LO can't decide what position it wants to be in (transverse or vertical) and it's in optimal position now... my midwife has instructed me to stop sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping. Apparently, this can cause the baby to flip? Sooo work and walking are gonna have to be it.
I have also been instructed to start drinking rasberry leaf tea. I just bought that today. I have been terrible about kegels. I have to remind myself. I have been trying to sit and bounce on my birthing ball though.
Any other suggestions?

May 19th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You arn't alone. This will be my first NCB and Im nervous too!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I have a somewhat physically demanding job (as I am on my feet 85% of the day) and have had a TON of work and life stress and it has made being very pregnant very hard. AND emotionally draining.

May 19th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do it! I wish you all the best.

May 19th, 2009, 05:28 PM
n/a
If I can do it, you can do it! So I hope we both can do it! It is kind of scary. I just keep telling myself it will be fun. Sure, it sounds nuts to say that, but who knows, maybe it will be kind of fun. We get a BABY out of it afterall!

And I hear you on the big cries. I have been having many of those these days
May 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM
You guys really are the best! Seriously, it is really helpful to me, being a first time mom to have this kind of support!

May 19th, 2009, 06:48 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
if you can try to do squats that can be very helpful during birth to open your pelvis wide. The other thing we did was perenial massage to stretch the perenium to try to avoid tearing.
May 19th, 2009, 07:30 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TONI!!! So happy to see you here! I'm so ashamed re: my journaling!! But I miss you guys! It's my first too, were in it together!
May 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
amcghee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt the same way! I am a HUGE wimp - but I just kept telling myself, "My body was made for this. It's natural and it's supposed to happen." I think being mentally prepared like that really helped.

And, I did it! 9lbs 10oz, baby!!! If I can do it, ANYONE can!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search