"I feel so sorry for you" -RANT

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
My SIL is due 5 days after me with her first. This whole pregnancy my MIL has compared EVERYTHING about me to her (m/s, aches, pains, belly dropping, etc). Which annoys me because why even bother asking how I am feeling if you are just going to say "J" gets that too. Well her water broke today. I am so genuinely happy for her. I know how excited she is and I surprisingly am not one ounce jealous (probably because I know what having a new baby entails lol). The first words after MIL told me her water broke were "I feel so sorry for you that she is having her baby first". WHO CARES! She was 5 days behind me for crying out loud. Its not like I am 43 weeks pregnant and she was due 3 weeks before me or something! Sigh. I'm done now lol.

BTW I spoke to SIL and she isn't having any real contractions yet, just a little crampy. She is hoping to have a NCB and her doula just arrived to try to help get things going. Her OB said she didn't have to come to the hospital yet (although they would like her to) but she only has 24 hours.
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

May 19th, 2009, 03:36 PM
noworries
Rant away! You've got the right attitude, sounds like your MIL isn't trying to be malicious, she just sounds like she doesn't get it.
May 19th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it is a combo of both lol... it is different because it is her daughter but she hasn't had anything nice to say since we told her I was pg this time. I think her reaction was "Jay you need to put a knot in that thing. What are you thinking?" And I forgot to add before that she told me I am not allowed to give birth while she is away. My SIL lives in PA and she is staying there for atleast a week. I'll make sure to tell the baby it can't be born until she gets back, riiiiiiggggght.

May 19th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
UGH! That's just ridiculous! Why would she demand to be home if she thinks you should "put a knot in it" anyway?!?! Definitely worthy of a rant!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
May 19th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would annoy me as well. I hope everything goes well for her and she only has 24 hours because her water has already broken, right?

May 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MyLilFamily~ View Post
That would annoy me as well. I hope everything goes well for her and she only has 24 hours because her water has already broken, right?
Thank you! And yes they have her 'on the clock' now that her water broke. Hopefully things start to pick up on their own and she doesn't have intervention.

May 19th, 2009, 05:24 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Melissa, I'd almost start trying lots of sex and walking, just to spite her, but that is just the immature, mean-spirited kind of person I am.

May 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
yes, have that baby NOW!
May 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
How annoying! But I agree, NOW would be the perfect time to have your baby, hehe.
May 19th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh MIL's can be so wonderful can't they! Sorry she is saying all those annoying things. I agree, pop that baby out just to spite her while she is away!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 19th, 2009, 08:49 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am RIGHT there with you!!! My SIL is due 10 days before me and DH's mother is constantly comparing us! Which is funny since SIL is 100% opposite of this then me in pregnancy beliefs.
May 19th, 2009, 09:08 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
That would annoy me to no end!! I delivered Oliver 34hrs after my water broke.... that whole clock thing is crap.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

May 20th, 2009, 12:28 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that would be very annoying. My SIL was due 11 days after me but she ended up having her wee boy 3 weeks ago at 36 weeks and Im still baking away -which is fine by me, but through our pregnancies we were compared and the whole "who will have their baby first" thing as well

May 20th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 2 Js View Post
Thank you! And yes they have her 'on the clock' now that her water broke. Hopefully things start to pick up on their own and she doesn't have intervention.
Did she have her baby?

May 20th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I have been trying sex and walking but I know it won't happen until my body is ready! I would LOOOVVVEE to have the baby before she gets back haha.

As of 8 AM my SIL has been stuck at 6cm for 2 hours and they were going to start pitocin soon because her water broke yesterday at 3pm. Sounds like it is starting to get intense but she hasn't asked for any pain meds yet! Poor thing is exhausted she has been up a full 24 hours already! The suspense is killing me!

May 20th, 2009, 06:32 AM
.adi.
Congrats on your SIL!! And I agree, try to get that bebe out now! MIL's are the biggest pain sometimes [or all the time]. hang in there!
May 20th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also think it would be quite comical if you had your baby while your MIL is away. But I'm petty and spiteful like that too...haha. I could imagine my IL's doing the same thing with my SIL and I if we were pregnant at the same time.
May 20th, 2009, 06:54 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww, good luck for your SIL! Hopefully she is able to have the birth she wants.

As for your MIL, she sounds like a B! And a really nosey one at that!!!!

May 20th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She had to have a c-section! She was stuck at 6 for a while and it turns out the baby changed positions and was breech (I didn't even know that could happen while you are in labor). She had a baby girl! I don't know any details yet just that it is a girl lol!

May 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww, but what can you do? I know most doctors won't or can't deliver breech. I'm glad she has a healthy baby!

I hate when people do that. I'm glad no one did that with either of my pregnancies, how annoying!

Expecting baby #4!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search