Back from my appt - not what I wanted to hear!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Had my appt at 1, everything is going great still. My BP is good, weight is good, baby is great. Funny, last week he was snoozing his heart rate was 130's this week he was WIDE awake (you could see it, my stomach never stopped moving) and his heart rate was 160's. She offered to check my cervix but I declined. I mean, she could tell me I'm 4cm and I could sit here waiting for a week or she could tell me I'm 0cm and I could go home depressed and have him that night so it really just doesn't matter to know. She agree'd. Next appt is next Wednesday... we'll do an ultrasound to check fluid levels and have a look-see at the placenta and of course him. Then she said she'll want to do an exam for sure then, so that's fine. I told her about the spotting I was having and she got soo excited and said, "oh usually 24-48 hrs later we see moms in labor", and I laughed and said... it was Sunday I seen it first. Her whole expression went down and she was like...okay maybe not in your case then . So then I'm packing up my stuff and she's like well you could try some things at home and I'm like okay what and this is where it became what I didn't want to hear.........................sex. Blah! I can't even begin to tell you how much that does NOT sound appealing. I'll have to REALLY think about that one . I don't know if I want to go into labor that bad lol!

Oh yeah and his head is very very low, which explains why I feel like I've got a watermelon trying to pop out of my body lol!

Facebook

Last edited by Momof4Boyz; May 20th, 2009 at 01:32 PM.
May 20th, 2009, 01:38 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well, that is great that he is so low! That usually means your labor will be shorter- the decent is often what is SUPER time consuming

good luck with the sex! Make him give you a foot/ankle massage first (doubly good, b/c there are accupressure points there) to put you in the mood, or at least to destress ands relax you.

May 20th, 2009, 01:40 PM
noworries
Sounds like everything is going great.

My sister is due tomorrow (she is 5cm and 100% effaced but not in labor yet). I suggested she and her DH have sex and her response was similar to yours. She said "it's totally out of the question...talk about uncomfortable."
May 20th, 2009, 01:47 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I'm all for the sex, DH is not

I like the foot and ankle massage idea!

May 20th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope baby decides to come on its own soon! I wouldn't be into DTD either.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 20th, 2009, 02:09 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
It's not the most fun thing at the end, but it can be very helpful! Especially if there is an orgasm. I mean for you of course.
May 20th, 2009, 03:52 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Ugh.... sex was not an option when I was pg. Hopefully something will happen soon. Hang in there.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

May 20th, 2009, 06:01 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well it does sound like a good appointment!
I don't blame you about the sex, it was very uncomfortable for me in the 3rd trimester, but maybe its worth a shot? I did the eggplant parmesan and went into labor the next day - could try that too? Good luck with everything. it will be soon!!!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

May 20th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
lol, well, even if you could just have an orgasm, it might bring on contractions. Your doctor seems so easy to work with, that's great!

Expecting baby #4!

May 20th, 2009, 06:39 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL I'm only 21 weeks and I already feel that way. I can only imagine...!
May 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM
I Smile Because Of Them's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good appt. I felt the same way about sex with Emma. She was always so low & towards the end her head was right there. Made for a fairly short labor & only 2 pushes

May 21st, 2009, 07:19 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Yeah the benefit of low babies is a quick exit. Both of mine were really fast coming out. Joe took about 20 minutes of pushing the first 15 was not working because his head wasn't exactly in the right position so they had to turn him a little then he came right out! With Jayden 6pushes and he was out! So I hope to have that go quickly again! I feel sooooooooo bad for women who push for hours, it's exhausting!!!!!!

Facebook
May 21st, 2009, 07:22 AM
I Smile Because Of Them's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3Boyz View Post
I feel sooooooooo bad for women who push for hours, it's exhausting!!!!!!

I was pooped after almost 20 minutes of pushing with the boys

May 21st, 2009, 11:27 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
It won't be long now Rose! I know what you mean about the pushing when they are high. I pushed Bryson for 3 hours and only 7 minutes with Emory. That is a HUGE difference!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Go get busy anyways!!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 21st, 2009, 10:55 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
lol we tried sex twice when I was due-ish and I'm not even sure if it worked or not.. we tried a few things because I was paranoid to go late. (Who isn't?) I totally know how you feel! I would maybe try it once and if it doesn't even give some little contractions I guess you could just try something else lol. (It's the semen and [your] orgasm contractions that do the trick specifically.. You probably know, but I didn't! So, if you do pull out it probably won't be helping much! TMI I'm sorry..)

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search