at 38 weeks?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2009, 06:28 AM
.adi.
How is she freaking out over her baby not coming already? she's only 38 weeks!!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...-doc-appt.html

I was feeling like this at 40 weeks but not 38
May 21st, 2009, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I saw another post by her about a week ago and she was saying the same thing. People are far too impatient! It's so unrealistic to think your baby is going to be born by 38 weeks, that's just not how it works when you let things happen on thier own.

Expecting baby #4!

May 21st, 2009, 06:35 AM
.adi.
there's a first time mom in my ddc who was saying "I better have my baby before my due date or I'm gonna freak out!" and it made me feel bad for her, lol. Chances are she's going to go late
May 21st, 2009, 06:36 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geesh. I love how she goes on further down in the thread to say "she better wait till June if she doesn't come before thisi Saturday because next week is not good for me!"
I mean, we all know our babies come when it's convenient for US, right? YEAH RIGHT LADY!

And to the 1st time mom saying she is going to freak out if the baby doesn't come by the due date, then she better prepare herself for freaking out!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

May 21st, 2009, 06:37 AM
.adi.
there's a comment in there that says "you have a very stubborn little girl!" how is she stubborn? the lady's only 38 weeks for crying out loud!
May 21st, 2009, 06:39 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WTH??? Stubborn!?!?! She isn't due for another 2 weeks and even then it she could very easily be another 2 weeks! My goodness people are so unrealistic.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

May 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
it drives me crazy! Sooooo many women freak out if they aren't dilating by 36 weeks even! And heaven forbid you have no progress by 38, that's just torture

I really REALLY dislike that doctors tell women they are full term at 37 weeks. It just sets them up for disappointment and inductions. Full term is NOT the same thing as "due". Nor is it really full term, it's just when the baby stops being considered a premie... sigh....

Due date is not a deadline!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 21st, 2009, 07:17 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
That was my entire DDC! They were all freaking out posting "come out baby" by 37 weeks and absolutely pissed if they didn't get checked or weren't dilating. I never even expected to start dilating until 40 weeks. I'm so glad I have patience lol.

Facebook
May 21st, 2009, 07:21 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
If you check out the whole DDC, my lovely DDC, you will see that most women who are past 36 weeks are FREAKING out that they have not had their babies yet. What makes it worse, is about HALF of the women in the DDC HAVE HAD THEIR BABIES!!!! ***? Everyone is posting about their weekly appt and PISSED off that they are not in labor. Um, ok. I am as impatient as the rest of them, but i am not going to get angry or upset or demand anything from my dr. One woman posted that she was begging for an induction cause of convenience and thankfully the doc said no, i think she is 38 weeks.

I will say I am having major baby envy that so many women had their babies already i did not expect that.

May 21st, 2009, 07:31 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow- how freaking wierd!!! People are strange for having such bizarre expectations.

May 21st, 2009, 07:40 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People are ridiculous! I remember slowing waaaay down on posting in my DDC towards the end because of the ridiculous expectations. I remember one woman totally trashing her doctor because he refused to induce her until she was at least 41 weeks unless she had true complications (i.e. preeclampsia). She said that she had a family history of women not going into labor on their own so he should just do it (she was 38 weeks at the time). WOW!

Sigh.

May 21st, 2009, 07:42 AM
.adi.
Wow! I was reading a few more threads and you weren't kidding about everyone freaking out about their kids not coming. a lady that's 36 posted a thread saying "I"m so hot and miserable and i'm sweating. he needs to come out soon!"

Heaven forbid you should sweat. Try being due at the end of August!
May 21st, 2009, 07:43 AM
oh yeah, i was totally NOT kidding when i said anyone past 35 weeks is freaking out it is just nuts in there.

May 21st, 2009, 07:46 AM
.adi.
I'm so glad everyone in there is "more laid back and open minded"
May 21st, 2009, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARL253 View Post
I'm so glad everyone in there is "more laid back and open minded"

May 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have reserved commenting on here about any of those threads until now, BUT I have been reading them. Right before bed I read the one about complaining about the baby not coming yet and now it had better wait till June..stubborn little girl yada yada. That really ticked me off. I am so glad I am not part of that DDC, although I am not sure mine will be any better when the time comes. When I was pregnant I was pregnant in summer *gasp* as I will be again and my son didn't even drop until the day before his due date! When I went for my 40 week check I wasn't dilated a bit and honestly didn't expect to be. My doc did make me be induced 2 days after my dd, but by then I had dilated a little and wasn't even aware I had been having contraction. As miserable as I was it honestly never even occurred to me to try and force or beg my doc to force the little critter out! I wasn't happy about being induced...I was under the impression babies made their appearance when ready. These women honestly infuriate me, the selfishness is just amazing. I am due in October and my calendar is clear...that's the baby's time, not mine. If they hate being pregnant so much then why did they bother?

I am so thankful for this board...I can come here and read what other women who think the way I do about having babies have written and feel a little bit better about the world..LOL Maybe one day I will get past the anger or frustration at women for being selfish when it comes to childbirth and kids, but right now isn't that time...maybe, I'm hoping it will come soon. Pretty bad when you can't have a conversation with someone without wanting to explode on the inside!

Ok, done venting...thanks for listening
May 21st, 2009, 10:17 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
If you check out the whole DDC, my lovely DDC, you will see that most women who are past 36 weeks are FREAKING out that they have not had their babies yet. What makes it worse, is about HALF of the women in the DDC HAVE HAD THEIR BABIES!!!! ***? Everyone is posting about their weekly appt and PISSED off that they are not in labor. Um, ok. I am as impatient as the rest of them, but i am not going to get angry or upset or demand anything from my dr. One woman posted that she was begging for an induction cause of convenience and thankfully the doc said no, i think she is 38 weeks.

I will say I am having major baby envy that so many women had their babies already i did not expect that.
Oh yes, the baby envy. Even though I was one of the last due in my Due Date Club, I was getting so bitter at the end of my pregnancy. I also had to keep myself strongly under Thumper's dad's rule of "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all" because I was ready to cyber-slap many of the ladies that were freaking out because their babies weren't born yet by week thirty-eight. I wish I hadn't been so bitter and impatient at the end of the pregnancy because it took away from what really was an awesome experience. Next time around, I'll be more prepared to be patient at the end. The excitement is just so vast when waiting for your little one to arrive and those last few weeks of pregnancy are hard and uncomfortable. Plus, the beginning of pregnancy just flies by and then after you reach term at thirty-seven weeks, it just starts to stand still (or it was that way for mine, anyway). Your baby will come out when ready, though and I would never wish for any birth experience other than the one I had for my Lucius and I'm glad I let him come out when he was ready.

May 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
the ones that bug me are the ones who say they will "have" to be induced because baby hasn't come on their own... and the inductions are set BEFORE their due date. Then they moan and groan how they "wish they would go into labor so they didn't have to be induced"

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 21st, 2009, 12:16 PM
.adi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
the ones that bug me are the ones who say they will "have" to be induced because baby hasn't come on their own... and the inductions are set BEFORE their due date. Then they moan and groan how they "wish they would go into labor so they didn't have to be induced"
I just watched a baby story where the lady did just this and I just sat there and shook my head.
May 21st, 2009, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
There is a girl in my playroom that started saying she wanted baby out before 37 weeks as well. I kept telling her that she didn't want her out that soon, what if she wasn't done cooking in there. Be patient yadda yadda yadda. She is now just a few days past 39 weeks and is being induced at the beginning of next week.

Our due date club (July 09) lukcily has a good amount of let baby come when they come ladies, of course we have our share of inducing rich mommas, but at leas there is a decent amount of us.

These things also make me realize why some docs won't tell you a due date anymore and give you a term date instead.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search