We're Home! **UPDATED WITH PICS**

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
Hi ladies! Thanks for all of the ELVs and congrats! I never got to eat the eggplant parm lol! I guess the 3 hours of standing that it took me to make it did the trick! I started timing my contractions at 3:30 PM and they were 6-8 minutes apart but I was in denial that it was real because I have been having contractions for weeks! Then as I was moving around the house DH realized I was stopping every 5 minutes and closing my eyes. He made me call my doula after an hour. I was still in denial I figured once she got here they would have stopped and I didn't want her to have to drive the hour ride for nothing but I called her anyway. I then called my midwife who said to call her back when I couldn't talk through them anymore. At this point they were painful but bearable. I took a shower and DH started to clean out the car. My kids definitely knew something was going on because they became little devils and DS wouldn't let me put him down. Contracting every 5 minutes and holding a 30 lb kid is not so easy! My doula got there at 6 and we called my SIL to come entertain the kids. I walked around the block 3 times with my doula and at this point they were coming every 3-5 minutes and lasting a minute. My midwife called me back at 7:30 to see how I was doing and we decided to meet at the hospital between 8:30 and 9 PM. Shortly after getting off the phone with her the contractions started coming closer together and a little stronger. I was trying to tell SIL what to do with the kids but it became impossible lol. So we left to go to the hospital. In the car the contractions slowed down to 5 minutes and they were still bearable. I was very calm. We got to the hospital at about 8:20 and they made us wait. They were pretty busy. My midwife said she figured I was only 4 maybe 5 cm because I was so calm. I wasn't talking through the contractions but I was fine in between them. They were 3-5 mins apart. She told me she was probably going to send me walking for a couple of hours. She checked me at almost 9 PM and I was 7 cm! I couldn't believe it, I was so happy. I was totally managing the pain at this point. They made me lay in the bed for 20 minutes and then I was allowed to get up. I stood next to the bed and leaned over onto it and rocked for almost the whole time. Oh I forgot to mention I had THE WORST BACK LABOR EVER the entire time. I was not prepared for that! Finally the contractions started to get VERY intense and I had to moan (and kind of yell lol) through them so I asked about the birth ball. I heard it helped with back labor and I was desperate. My doula did squeeze my hips during contractions which was amazing but I was still in agony. I sat on the ball and felt relief until I had a contraction! It definitely helped in between contractions for me, but not during. I was sitting on it for maybe 10 minutes and I felt the baby drop which was weird. A few contractions later I felt burning and the need to push which freaked me out because I kind of felt like it came out of nowhere. So they moved me into the bed and at this point the contractions were one on top of the other and I was panicking. My midwife opened my legs to see what was going on and my water broke and the baby's head was right there. My water broke at 10:46 PM. I started pushing right away. Pushing was intense because she kept telling me to push a little and stop and then push a little then stop. After 5 minutes of pushing Jacob Ryan was born at 10:51 PM! I couldn't believe he was a boy I really though it was a girl lol! I didn't tear at all thanks to my midwife! He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches long. He is BFing like a champ! I can't believe I did it! I feel amazing, no pain at all! And now I am finally going to get to eat my eggplant parm for dinner tonight! Sorry this was so long!

I will post pics later, I'm not done taking pics yet today so I will upload them to my computer tonight!

And I also wanted to add that I would NEVER have been able to do it without my doula! She was amazing!

Sorry if the pics are huge I don't have time to mess with them lol!

Just Born:

I look so fabulous lol:

With Daddy:

Dressed and ready to go home:
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

Last edited by Mom of 4 Js; May 26th, 2009 at 11:26 AM.
May 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Yay Melissa! Congratulations hun! I cannot wait to see pics!!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 25th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Sounds great!!! Funny, I'm going to be in denial when it actually happens to because of the endless weeks of contractions!! Maybe it's better you missed the eggplant parm, it gave me the most horribly upset stomach lol! Glad it went well!! Congrats!!

Facebook
May 25th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!

May 25th, 2009, 02:50 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! You rock mama!

May 25th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
that was not long at all!! lol Congrats and you did it you did it!!!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 25th, 2009, 03:00 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
5 minutes of pushing, that is outstanding! Congrats and can't wait to see pictures!!
May 25th, 2009, 03:57 PM
.adi.
congrats on the boy!! I can't wait to see pics!
May 25th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Expecting baby #4!

May 25th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats, way to go!! Thanks for sharing your story!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 25th, 2009, 06:33 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your new little boy! This sounds like it was a smooth and wonderful birth experience! Can't wait to see pictures.

May 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Wow! That is great! I am so happy for you I loved my doula and thought she was priceless, as well. And wtg with the b-feeding. I cannot wait to see pics.

May 25th, 2009, 08:42 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
What a great birth story! Congrats on your little man!
May 26th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats
May 26th, 2009, 05:28 AM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics.
May 26th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
I loved reading your birth story. Thank you for sharing it. Can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations again!
May 26th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I love your story, thanks for sharing it with us. I can't wait to see pictures!

May 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth experience. Congrats!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

May 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I love hearing inspirational birth stories!!

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

May 26th, 2009, 10:11 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search