Update on us

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 07:26 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hi ladies! I am just waiting to be discharged from the hospital. I know it is early, but I am done. The midwives have come by three times since I delivered and have just been incredible. They had all this great information about post cesarean that the hospital never gave me or informed me of. It has been really helpful. The first midwife that was with me at my labor came by this morning and she was just in shock when she read my file today in the office. I do remember though, that for most of my labor, the heart beat was on the lower right side of my abdomen and then later on, it was in the center, maybe a bit offset to the left side. I just assumed she was "getting in position" to be pushed out, but now it seems that was her flipped butt first trying to get out. I guess I was the talk around the Birth Center this week, haha.

The staff at the hospital have been so nice and so helpful with getting me what i need, etc. I have been pretty demanding (in a nice way) to have the baby with me 24/7. Definitely NOT the norm here. She slept on me both evenings and every time a nurse came in i assured them that i was awake, not sleeping, lol. It does get a little overboard that someone comes in like every hour to do something to me or the baby, just like vitals, or meds, etc. Every time they take Zoe to do tests or something I get upset if she is not right back and have the nurse hunt her down, lol. Breast feeding is going well and she has had a ton of poopy diapers and pee pee diapers.

I am attached to her and cannot let her go. She is in the bassinet now next to me because she just came back from the pediatrician who said she was good to go. I cannot stop looking at her, touching her, kissing her, etc.

Now for the nitty gritty. I am as okay as I am going to be about having to have the section. I did experience 26 glorious hours of natural labor, haha. I know that there were no other options. Last night, however, after she came back from a check up in the middle of the night, she was in the bassinet fussing and i was in the bed and DH was passed out in the cot. I was so upset that I was physically unable to get her out on my own. I just was besides myself. That was the first time I cried since my 2 hours of hysterical crying between when I found out she was butt first and the section. Not being able to fully care for her is what upsets me more than how the childbirth turned out. I want to be more functional. I am getting there, but i have a hard time moving in some positions and I am NOT the type who ever asks for help. I know it is less than 2 days post major abdominal surgery, but it is NOT my personality to be like this. Whoever chooses to have a section should have their head examined

Thanks for listening and all your support.

here is a pic of Zoe and the proud papa

May 27th, 2009, 07:39 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear that you are both doing well. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get to feeling better soon. I know it must be so hard for you to not be able to function the way you want and used to. You will get there. Zoe is so beautiful!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

May 27th, 2009, 08:13 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
oh man that picture of you and Zoe just melts my heart! I didn't tear up this time though, LOL.

I dunno if your midwives told you this or you probably know but zinc and vit C speed/encourage healing.

Have you considered probiotics to keep away thrush from the antibiotics? I would hate for you to get it....

Glad you are heading home!!
May 27th, 2009, 08:28 AM
noworries
I love to hear how in love you are with baby Zoe. There is no denying it. Glad to hear that breastfeeding is going so well. Zoe is adorable...I think she looks like you.
May 27th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I did not even think about thrush! But i have gotten yogurt with all my meals. huh. I have some acidophilis at home and will take that when i get home. My biggest concern prior to the c section was infection from the section, but with 4 bags of IV penncilin, i felt pretty ok about those risks

May 27th, 2009, 09:25 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my first chance to come back and see how things turned out for you. I'm glad that she has arrived safely (and omg she's beautiful!) but sorry that it didn't turn out for you the way you had planned. That can be hard no matter what the outcome. If you need to talk or have any questions, feel free to pm me. I've BTDT. Take it easy and don't be afraid to take your pain meds at this point, it will make a big difference. Not being able to function was the hardest part for me, too, but you will feel a little bit better every day.

Can't wait to see more pictures.

May 27th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think you could also express breastmilk on your incision to promote healing and prevent infection. I second using probiotics to prevent thrush. If you need ANY help with breastfeeding, dont' hesitate to stop by the breastfeeding board!

She is beautiful, even if your birth didn't go as planned, she is here and healthy and again, that is what matters! You know you did everything in your power that you could do to have a vaginal birth and you should be proud of yourself for that!

May 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Devan'sMama's Avatar ♥Devan's Mama♥
Good news that you get to come home. That picture of dad and baby is sooooo adorable. Thanks for sharing. And congratulations again. She's perfect.
May 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you had to have a cesarean. My heart breaks for you. It is really healthy to grieve and let yourself heal at the pacing you need. Of course a healthy mom and baby is the ultimate goal, and worth sacrificing birth preferances for, but it still stinks.

And I know how hard it can be to ask for help, but make sure you do! The last thing you want to do is set back healing by pushing yourself. Also, since infection has been a concern for you, know that a lot of rest is a great infection prevention.

You are amazingly lucky, she is a beasutiful treasure, and I can tell she is absolutely showered by love from you both. I'm so glad everything with her is going to wonderfully with BF and her care. That is certainly a blessing you deserve!

Do you have lots of help when you get home? That is a good something to set up before you go home.

Thanks for keeping us updated, it sounds like overall you're doing great.

May 27th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I guess I am infamous at the hospital and birth center as "that woman whose baby turned during her 26 hours of labor and got a section" LOL.

Andi- I may stop by the b-feeding class. So far so good, she is feeding a ton, I cannot believe how much she is getting from the colostrom.

I told DH that this was the universe's way of FORCING me to relax and take things easy. I have serious issues doing that and have really been pushing myself too far during this pregnancy with work and whatnot. I never ask anyone for help. Well, things are changing. One of my friends is going to come stay with us for up to a week and my MIL will come as well. DH is now SAHD and on take care of mommy duty

May 27th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm sorry that you aren't as up to doing things physically but hopefully you'll feel much better soon. That would be so hard for me too. You did amazing Mere and I'm so proud of you. Zoe is just gorgeous. Congratulations!!!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Meredith- I'm so happy for you, you three look totally in love! Zoe is just precious and hopefully you'll soon be back to full strength! You're making me so psyched to meet my peanut! Hugs!

Thank you CupcakeJamie for my beautiful siggy!

May 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
Glad to hear tht you have come to terms with the birth. You did all you could and needed the section so you are still an amazing mommy!!!!! I cna't imagine being in the pain though. ouch! lol
Hope you heal quickly and smoothly so that you can care for her the way YOU want!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Zoe is absolutely gorgeous Meredith! I'm sad for you that you didn't have the birth you envisioned. No matter how much we plan and prepare, we ultimately do not have control. That is so hard to let go of, at least for me. I am SO unbelievably proud of you--26 hours! You go girl! You will be the story they tell around the birth center and hospital for years to come. Now is a good time to start getting used to asking for help. Try to take it easy. I can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful family!

Come visit my blog!
May 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is going well and you got to break out of the cage! I hope you guys are settling in at home.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
May 28th, 2009, 02:38 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great to hear you get to go home soon! Congratulations again! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

May 28th, 2009, 07:34 AM
The pain (so far today) is less than yesterday, which is reassuring. I am still in a good deal of pain and just really uncomfortable, but better than yesterday, which is what is important. We had a really good first night home and I slept better last night (even with feedings) than I have in ages. Pregnancy was not nice to me! LOL.

We are going to head to BRU soon for some preemie dipes and a post cesarean wrap thing. Fun fun .

i took these about 5 mins ago

May 28th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Im glad you are settled in at home now and I hope you have a speedy recovery. She is soooo adorable!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 28th, 2009, 12:09 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Something I found very helpful after my surgical birth was tummy control panties. The kind you wear under slacks to hold in a pooch, which you will probably haven ow so they will come in handy later. Anyway, not the ultrahold ones, those are too much, but the minimal hold. They felt comfy enough to wear all the time and kept me from feeling like my guts were going to fall out.

Something like this.

And I think you might fit in here, Yahoo! Groups

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 28th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks Meghan, I did buy a support belt thing today for post cesarean. It was a little painful today, so i will try it again tomorrow. I am not ready to discuss this right now other than here and with my close friends, but do know about ICAN and the C section grief board here. I will also see my therapist next week. I cancelled today's appt because I was unsure I would be home or not. I am working on my birth story now and it is kinda hard to get thru, cause I was just so upset and in shock.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search