Had my appt yesterday with the OB

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my consult with him and he seems great!!! I know he'll stand by what he told me and won't force anything I don't want on me. We discussed no IV and only intermittent monitoring and he said that was fine. He has even set up a policy at this hospital for a water birth, I have to bring my own tub and set it up myself but I could have the water birth I want. Now I just need to convince dh that setitng up the pool and taking it down isn't a big deal. I am going to use him for my delivery. He did say that he will be at the hospital when I go into labor (probably in the room with me) because my last labor was so fast. I am actually excited about using him.

Oh and after we talked he gave me a quick u/s he said he thought he saw what might be a penis but he isn't too sure at this point so I am not counting it as it yet. I am kinda excited that it might be a boy though because I have 3 girls.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

May 27th, 2009, 11:22 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds great! You should definately get a birth tub, and since you have had quick labors- it could be important to have it blown up beforehand

May 27th, 2009, 01:00 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Glad the appt went well

May 27th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure I could bring the tub in blown up or not I am not sure I have the room to transport it that way.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

May 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well, you could probably 1/2 blow up each layer. I just know from experience that the fishy tub (best birth tub ever!) takes about an hour to blow up completely with an electric pump. And it takes a good 1/2 hour or more to fill.

Hopefully you'll have just enough time! Other good things to remember are a hose connector, a garden hose, and a thermometer so you don't have to use the hospitals. The water should be around 98-100 degrees, but not more.

May 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Glad it went well! Sounds like a good OB to work with!

Facebook
May 27th, 2009, 06:55 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
sounds great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search