Back from my appt + mom stuff

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
It went well, better than I was expecting. We talked about stripping membranes if she could, and how it could do the trick or it could just do nothing. So I told her just to go with the flow and if she thought it would be beneficial to go ahead and do it. So I'm at... drum roll........ 3 cm! LOL Better than I expected! So she tried but couldn't quite get it like all the way or something. My cervix is kind of aimed backwards and she did some serious tugging to pull it foward some. Didn't really hurt, just pressury. He's also at -1 station. Did the u/s after that, everything looked good, lots of fluid pockets, placenta was looking good. His guestimated weight is 9lbs 4ozs. He looks pretty crunched up in there!

I asked her if there was anything else I could do to help things along - sex hasn't worked and walking hasn't worked so she wrote down what to get cohash wise if I want to try that. Neither of us are big on intervention so it's a big maybe on doing that, I'll give it a few more days... So if I don't go into labor within a week, we go back and she'll try to strip my membranes again, do another u/s and talk some more natural ways. If I hit 44 weeks I have to make a decision - that's the end of my line. I either can let them attempt to induce labor which she said what they do is break your water BUT that comes with risks - infection if I don't deliver within 24 hrs and cord prolapse. Or I can opt (at any time) to go to the hospital to be induced, that's always my choice if I can't handle being pregnant anymore. Of course should anything come up that puts either of us at risk that will be a trip to the hospital. She said she's never had a mom make it to 44 weeks though, never had to transfer for induction, never had to break anyone's water to induce. So that makes me feel better. So hopefully I won't be the "first" for any of that!!!

Since the exam I've been having gobs of bloody mucas - when she was done she mentioned that there was a lot of blood on the glove. Contractions are a lot more intense than they were although still random. Cramping like crazy and gobs more pressure now so maybe the exam and attempt to strip membranes will be enough! She laughed and told me on the way out that tonight was good for her LOL! (Its' good for me too!!)

In MOM news... she's leaving tomorrow. I've just given up on fighting her off. I'm trying to think of the POSITIVES of her being here. For instance, Saturday is my sons school carnival and unless I'm still pregnant if I have a baby anytime between now and then I'm probably not gonna be up for going so she'll be here to take him. And I suppose if she's here when I do go into labor maybe it will be nice to have an extra hand to help with the kids. If they get too out of control we'll have someone to babysit, feed and control them while DH helps me. Hopefully he'll come before Friday though (that's when she'll arrive, 2 -day drive). I haven't told DH yet.....

So, yeah that's it! I'm gonna make a shopping list and go get groceries, walk walk walk, play ball.. walk walk walk, jump lol and see if I can get this party on a roll!

Facebook
May 27th, 2009, 03:11 PM
noworries
I'm just wondering, were your other two boys late also or did they cooperate with mommy and come on time?
Good for you for finding the positives in your mom coming tomorrow.
May 27th, 2009, 03:30 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like you are certainly having some awesome positive labor signs Even if stripping membranes doesn't work 100% perfectly, it sounds like it helped a lot!

I'm so excited for you... any day now!!!!

May 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I Smile Because Of Them's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the stripping of membranes works! It worked with me on my 2nd son. I went to L&D later that night. I hope things go better than you think with your mom....it'll be nice to have the help around.

May 27th, 2009, 04:10 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You poor thing! I hoping with all my might it's very soon.
May 27th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe you're still hanging in there! 42 weeks, my goodness. I don't know much about the cohosh, but my midwife has had me taking the Red Raspberry Combination capsules, and they have black cohosh in them. I'm sure you'll go soon, especially with her poking around in there. Any just because DTD didn't work that once, it doesn't mean it won't work the second time!
Lol, but imagine being able to tell people you were 44 weeks pregnant, if you made it that far. Most people can't even imagine going to 42 weeks, most OB's induce before then! You'd be a legend.

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

May 27th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
It sounds like you've got some great labor signs!! I hope the attempt to strip worked. Hang in there. I think it's any day now! Yay!!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 27th, 2009, 06:23 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
come on baby boy!!!
May 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chispaza View Post
I'm just wondering, were your other two boys late also or did they cooperate with mommy and come on time?
Good for you for finding the positives in your mom coming tomorrow.
This is the first time I've been allowed to go this far. With my first they induced me at 42 weeks and with Jayden they induced me at 41 weeks 1 day. So all my kids have went past due, which is why I was not surprised to make it to 42... but now I'm like GET OUT BABY lol!

Facebook
May 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
lol, I agree, you could be a legend Nah, I don't see you making it to 44 weeks, really, I somehow don't see you going to 43 weeks either, but that's a total hunch. Come out little man, it's time already!

May 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3 cms is a fantastic sign!!! I think it will be within the next few days (just my prediction!!)
May 28th, 2009, 05:23 AM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
It sounds like things might be starting! I hope so! I wonder if there's a world record of the longest pregnancy.

May 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know you've going to be soooo uncomfortable now, but 3 cm is great!!!! I'm with Chrystal - I think it's going to be this week!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

May 28th, 2009, 12:01 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, 3 cm is great! those contractions are doing something!!!!

Now, about mom. There are a few ways to look at this. Maybe somewhere in the back of your mid you were stressing about your son's school carnival. Maybe, knowing she will be here and he won't have to miss out will let you relax enough to have the baby. Is there anything else emotionally that could be holding you back? Maybe even the distress about your mom in general, maybe now that you know she is coming and there is nothing you can do about it the conflict is over, so you can move past it.

Or maybe, you just want to be the legendary woman that went to 44 weeks!!!

Do they use the balloon thing to help dilate your cervix? They used it for me, and it worked. The midwife said they are excited about it because they would be able to use it for home births. In NJ you can't go past 42 weeks and do homebirth, so the midwives were talking about being able to use the balloon at home and hopefully help prevent hospital births for their patients and transfer to the OB care. The cervical ripening balloon uses the same principle as the foley but it applies pressure to both sides at the same time, so it works better than using the foley for the same purpose.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 28th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
It all sounds good Rose. 3 cm is awesome.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

May 28th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the baby comes soon!!

I know a lady that has 5 kids and all came at 43 weeks. You must be like her!

May 28th, 2009, 03:35 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those sound like really good signs. I went into labor a couple of days after having my membranes stripped, so I think it helped. I had also been having mucous for a few days prior to that, and I wasn't even 1 cm, so 3 cm sounds really promising. Are you squatting and stuff like that to help put pressure on the cervix?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search