Updating on us...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2009, 12:37 AM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
I'm sorry I haven't been over here much... I really haven't been logging onto JM much recently at all, what with all the babies being born in our DDC, it's rather depressing, haha!

I woke up Monday morning at 6:45am with contractions. They were pretty far apart, but strong enough to wake me up. So I tried rolling over to my other side to see if that would make them stop. No go. I tried getting up and taking a shower, still didn't stop. So I came out to the living room, and sat in my recliner, and they still didn't stop.

I called my doula and told her what was going on. She told me to keep her posted, and I did, and she came by a couple of hours later. We took my son to the park to keep him entertained while my husband got some sleep. ((He works graveyard, so he doesn't sleep much at night.))

We went up to my parents' house around 3:15 and left my son with them, and came back home for a while. My other doula--heh, I have two, both good friends of mine--came by and they cleaned my house while I dealt with contractions, which were getting progressively stronger and closer together.

About 9:00pm--I'm guessing, since I didn't have much sense of time at that point--the contractions got really strong, and my doulas were almost positive I was in transition, so we went to the hospital.

We got there, I went through several more contractions, expecting to feel the need to push at any time. The nurse checked me, and I was only 1 cm dilated!! She called my OB, and he didn't really want to encourage labor, being only 35 weeks pregnant, but would give me the option of wanting to stop it.

We went through some more contractions, I walked around for a bit, used the bathroom, and then we thought my water might have broken, so the nurse came and checked... She came back a bit ago and told me that it had broken, and we'd figure out what we were going to do from there. She checked me again, and I was only at 2cm!

I texted my DDB and told her about the water breaking and whatnot, and that was the last she heard, so my post kind of picked up from there....

I'm copy/pasting my post over from my DDC that I posted on Tuesday.

Quote:
Hey there ladies... sorry I didn't get a chance to update through Kayla, but our phones are being wonky, so hopefully, they'll be working again come tomorrow.

We found out that my water wasn't broken after all. The nurse--who was fairly new--somehow got a false positive on it. I did lose my plug--that was SO beyond gross--but the water is still intact, for now.

I was, however, in active labor. I was having contractions every two minutes, lasting a minute to 90 seconds. It really wasn't painful... just very intense. Because I was only 35 weeks, they didn't want to encourage them, but they gave me the option to stop them...

Until they realized the baby was breech, around 4am. Then they told me I could either go with it, and deliver via c-section, or I could get the shot of terbutaline, stop the labor, and either get the labor to stop and give the baby a chance to turn on his own, or at least do an inversion. However, they couldn't do an inversion while I was having contractions.

I talked it over with my husband and doulas, and we decided to just take the shot. I desperately want my natural childbirth. So I took the shot, while still having contractions, and didn't react very well to it. Going from active labor to suddenly basically hitting the emergency brakes, I started shaking really hard--too hard to hold anything--and crying uncontrollably.

Eventually, the contractions stopped, and they sent me home after another quick ultrasound to determine that he was still breech. I'm on very strict TAKE IT EASY rest. Not bedrest, but I'm not allowed to do much. Little to NO lifting, no stair climbing, no walking further than to my mailbox and back...

They discharged me this morning at 9:45, and I went to my OB appointment to check in with them, and came home to sleep for about three hours, since I only got about an hour last night.

I'm still having some mild contractions, but nothing like it was yesterday.

So here we are... back in the waiting wagon.

I dunno... it was a good day of practice, I guess... but I just feel... depressed.
I'm still having occasional contractions, but they're not huge. I'm basically stuck here, just kind of waiting. I've tried a couple of different moves that I've heard of to help the baby to turn, but at this point in the pregnancy, it's really not clear if they'll work or not. We're probably going to end up going through with an inversion with the doctor in about a week to a week-and-a-half from now.

I know you can see a chiropractor about an inversion, and it's supposed to be safer and considerably less painful, but my insurance WILL NOT cover chiropractors, and we can't afford one, unfortunately.

Last edited by KaylaMeow; May 28th, 2009 at 12:40 AM.
May 28th, 2009, 03:20 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugggh! I'm so sorry to hear the baby is breech. And the false labor stuff... I know it's annoying. The waiting is just the worst when you've gone through feeling like it was time. Some of the ladies here have lots of knowledge about getting babies to turn and I'm sure they will come along with some helpful info. Try to rest and not stress too much about it.

p.s. I love your new siggy!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

May 28th, 2009, 06:07 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
oh my goodness! I have not been in the DDC really much this week and missed this

Go to spinning babies.com and check out the site and the things on there. 35 weeks, you still have good time to get the baby to turn. Get on all fours which can help. I am rooting for you that you can get your NCB.

May 28th, 2009, 06:37 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
prodromal labor is tough to deal with, I'm sorry you're experiencing it! Hopefully baby will turn, and you will get your NCB! And your baby will hopefully stay put for a while longer!!!!!!!

May 28th, 2009, 06:45 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Pm me your email and I will send you a great article with things you can do to get baby to turn before trying a version. It's much better for them to do it on their own. Hang in there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search