I Really Need Advice! (May be TMI)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2009, 07:03 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Ok ladies, I really need advice because I'm kinda getting worried...First of all I'll start by saying, I'm just finishing my 4th Period!!...I had pp bleeding for 4 weeks, then two weeks of nothing, and then it all started...EVERY 2 WEEKS! It has never been terribly crampy, or extremely heavy. The first one was very typical for me. I was moody, and slightly crampy, then it started, and lasted it's normal length. Then two weeks later without any warning I started spotting, and it turned into a light period (more of the pink/brown colored stuff, like old blood, with the occasional red spot) but no cramps, or moodiness. Then two weeks later I had a regular one again, that was a bit heavier (still NOT heavy though), and so it has continued, every other week!!
Has anyone ever had this? Is this normal?
My sister thought maybe ovulation spotting, because the "between" ones are so light...But they don't seem light enough for that. My MIL said it sounds like what she experienced after her miscarriage, and wondered if there might be "something leftover"...but my midwife delivered the placenta and it was fully intact! She even inspected it right in front of me, talking to me through it all (upon my request). So what would be in there, to be "left over"? Also wouldn't I be bleeding a LOT more if that were the case? My mom thinks I'm just a very active person, and might be over doing it a bit! but doesn't think I have anything to worry about...

I don't know if I'm making any sense!

Most of all, this is just annoying! But I guess I just want to know if I need to be watching for something more serious. Any ideas?

June 2nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I am no help but I am sure one of the other ladies can help. (hugs))

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 2nd, 2009, 07:18 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Interesting, and I can see why you are wondering what's up. I stopped bleeding for a few weeks PP then started again and my midwife did say that was pretty common and not to be concerned about. I'm not sure about it reoccuring though. Have you thought about calling your midwife? Can't hurt.

I went right back to my periods 4 months PP despite breastfeeding full time on demand. I just have a body that wants to be and loves to be pregnant. It could be something along those lines with your body just gearing up for more. Be safe because even if you want mother right away your body needs a longer time to recoup first.
June 2nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I would just think it is your hormones trying to regulate themselves again and that is why you are getting the frequent periods/bleeding. If it was a miscarriage or something left over, I think you would know by the appearance of the blood it self. To me is just sounds like a hormonal issue. I would give it another 4-6 weeks and see if there is any improvement. A call into your midwife would never hurt either, if you are concerned.

June 2nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm only 3 weeks PP but I keep stopping for a day or so and then starting back up again. My midwives said that would be normal too. I hope it's nothing but hormones but definitely ask your midwife if you are concerned. I think if something were really wrong you'd likely be bleeding a lot heavier though.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

June 2nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Thanks ladies! I think your probably right, and my hormones are still just trying to regulate themselves. I may try to call my sisters midwife, only because she is a lot more knowledgeable in natural medicine, and the use of herbs and such. She may have some advice! she's a CPM and runs a free standing BC in FL. Mine is a CNM and runs a privet practice, but delivers in the hospital, and is a lot more mainstream. She was great throughout my pregnancy, because I knew what I wanted, but I'm not sure if she would be able to help as much. I mean, of coarse she could tell me if there was a problem, but I'm not sure what path she would take to "fix" it if there was...KWIM?

June 2nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also had about two weeks off between pp bleeding and starting up my cycles again, which were every 3 weeks for a few cycles. I also exclusively BF, so I guess that's the way it works for some of us. Good luck with getting your hormones straightened out! For me it took time, but I think if I had been more active with the herbs and other natural stuff it would have happened a lot faster.

June 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If something was still up there---at this point you would have a BAD smell and some fever going on. So I would probably say no to that one. The over doing it---well does it come on when your over doing it---thats common. But most likely its wonky hormones trying to regulate themselves. It wouldn't hurt to just make a quick call to your midwife to see what she says though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search