Your next birth

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)?

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)?

What do you think has influenced your decisions?

Expecting baby #4!

June 4th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? Well as most of you know I am currently with the midwife that delivered Emme.

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? The same birthing center.

What do you think has influenced your decisions? My first birth in a hospital. It was the worst experience for me and my baby and I never want to go through that or put a child through that again.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
June 4th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? midwife (different one than either previous pregnancy)

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? home

What do you think has influenced your decisions? Several factors, mostly a history of uncomplicated labors and being comfortable with the idea. Plus the fact that we're 4 blocks from the hospital in case of emergency.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 4th, 2009, 09:26 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I am one and done. After having a c-section that even further solidified my choice. DH did say to the doula when they took me to the OR that I am gonna want another just to have a natural vag birth LOL.

I also could not be with the midwives for a VBAC

June 4th, 2009, 09:35 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? I go back and forth.

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? Same thing, I can see pros and cons for each.

What do you think has influenced your decisions? Having had a c-section limits and complicates my choices.

June 4th, 2009, 09:56 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? I have a midwife and I love her! She will most likely deliver all of my children.

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? Hospital. I am very lucky to have a hospital here that believes in natural birth and nonintervention. I had a great experience there with Cassidy and hope for the same this time.

What do you think has influenced your decisions? I knew I wanted a midwife, because I don't want the whole Pitocin/epidural/c-section thing going on, and also for the more intimate setting/relationship. And while I love the idea and greatly admire women who do it, I am not comfortable with a home birth for myself at this point.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

June 4th, 2009, 09:57 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm planning a midwife attended homebirth. Attending births has led me to the conclusion that it is a safe place to have a wonderful birth, and the research supports homebirth as safe as or safer then the hospital for low risk women.

June 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? OB

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)?
Hospital

What do you think has influenced your decisions? A number of things: (1) while my deliveries are quick and low risk, my pregnancies have been high risk. With my history, I need the comfort of going to my OB every two weeks for cervical length checks and such. I LOVE my OB and he'll do just about anything I ask him to do! (2) being a DR, DH would never be comfortable with me giving birth at home. The best I could get out of him was a hep-lock at the hospital. It's fine with me though, because we have AFLAC and one of my policies pays me when I'm in the hospital, so I make money to have a baby!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

June 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? midwife

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? home

What do you think has influenced your decisions? I worked on L&D in hospitals and I saw all the crap they pull....I swore I would never do it in a hospital if I was low risk.
June 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
noworries
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? Midwife

Home

What do you think has influenced your decisions? My daughter was born in a hospital with an OB and it was a wonderful birth but I just don't see the need for it. I am low risk, I think birth is a natural thing that doesn't necessarily need to be medicalized so I want to birth at home and avoid any unnecessarily medical intervention.
June 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
midwife
homebirth
had 2 homebirths and it was awesome (didnt have bad experience with my first 2 hospital births, but I had to make sure everybody knew what i wanted, that doesnt seem that necessary when going with midwife, who was my doula with my first 2 , so at the end I will have all 5 kids attended by the same woman, love her, and cant do it without her LOL)

June 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I am having a midwife attended homebirth. I didn't want to have to fight tooth and nail or have my DH miss things during the birth because he was fighting to get the birth I want, but our local birth center closed down. So home it is! Plus my midwife, who is not my previous midwife but did attend my birth, is exclusively a homebirth midwife and I love her!

June 4th, 2009, 04:22 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? I will use the same midwife that I saw through my pregnancy with Brennen. I love her! I am also using her for my regular gyn care.

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? Since I'd be using the same midwife, probably at the hospital again but the idea of home birth is something I love but DH would never go for.

What do you think has influenced your decisions? My childbirthing experience with my first son was filled with every intervention in the book and it was a very hard time for me. After having my daughter naturally with a NCB supportive OB, I knew it was the way to go. I didn't find a midwife until we were back in GA, and I'll never go back to OB care unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

June 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Lacey.♥s.Lemons's Avatar Mommy March '05 & Feb '10
Send a message via MSN to Lacey.♥s.Lemons Send a message via Yahoo to Lacey.♥s.Lemons
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? Midwife

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby? Birthing Center

What do you think has influenced your decisions? I hated my experience in the hospital. I hated that my doctor was not personal and that I never knew what was going on.

June 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? Midwife

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby?
Birthing Center

What do you think has influenced your decisions?
Lots of Research and hearing the epi/pitocin horror stories. I want this birth to be a warm and positive experience
June 4th, 2009, 05:33 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
midwife,
hospital or home
i didn't have any bad experiences with the hospital - they never pushed anything onto me. but i would love to give birth at home - if I have my own house..not in an apartment. iw as really loud lol

June 4th, 2009, 06:12 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? My OB, there are also midwives I see in the practice. I LOVE my OB she is 100% pro natural childbirth, she really encouraged me to do it with my second, and was so helpful and supportive in it.

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? Hospital, they really are very supportive and listen to me and support every decision I made. THey did not pressure me at all, it was an excellent experience.

What do you think has influenced your decisions? I had really good experience last time and was able to have what I wanted, I love my dr and practice. I also want to deliver in this hospital since it has a level 3 NICU, I was a NICU baby and was born really really sick, I wasnt a premie I was 2 weeks late actually, I was given a 30% chance of survival. so I have a large amount of paranoia, so I want to be as close to medical care as possible.

Last edited by rachna; June 4th, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
June 4th, 2009, 07:46 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)?
we will use a midwife

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? HOME!!!!

What do you think has influenced your decisions? I would have had Cadie at home, but John wasn't comfortable. Through my pregnancy and especially due to the childbirth classes we took taught by our doula, he started to understand that birth wasn't an automatic emergency. Our birth was wonderful- totally spontaneous, intervention and drug free in a hospital- but it was still in a hospital. When we were driving home the next day, he said "next time, you'll get your homebirth" and I was ecstatic! The fact that I caught a cold from the hospital, gave it to him and then our daughter really was the nail in the coffin for hospital births for us, wahoo!

I can't wait, we are TTC now.
June 4th, 2009, 10:09 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I see a midwife in a free standing birth center and will God willing give birth there. I had two very intervention filled, induced, high risk pregnancies so far so I have been praying for the nice natural normal healthy delivery in a setting that promotes such a thing.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

June 4th, 2009, 10:10 PM
kahlia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who do you plan to use for your next pregnancy and birth or who are you using if you are currently pregnant? (OB/Midwife/Doula)? midwife

Where do you plan to deliver this baby/your next baby (Hospital/Birth Center/Home)? birth center

What do you think has influenced your decisions?my first birth was natural in the hospital, after i knew i could do it, and put more thought/research into it i decided i would rather a birth center for our next. our second was born in the birth center and it was perfect and we will be going back there for this birth!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search