Im so mad I cant see straight...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So Im suppose to be taking the girls to Colorado next week with my parents. Im suppose to follow my parents since we cant all fit in their truck. Well I went to eat with my parents and we rode in my van and my dad said the transmission was acting funny when I stopped. Well we just got this van when I was pregnant with Emme. We bought it used but it only had 20,000 something miles on it. I just hit 42,000 miles. So I call the dealership and ask about the warranty. They said the warranty went out at 36,000 miles. So 6,000 miles ago...

I asked the guy if he would at least look at it for me to see if it was something major and he said "yeah for 96 dollars". ***??? I just bought this vehicle not that long ago. I barely put 20,000 miles on it. The warranty just went out and they keep saying there is nothing they can do and its going to cost 100 dollars just for them to tell me whats wrong with it.

He said if I bought it new it would all be covered. Im just so frustrated cause the battery just died on it. It needs new tires. I just did an oil change with the inspection AND registration. I feel like Ive spent so much money on it this month and then this. We dont have any money to get it fixed. We dont use/have credit cards. So I guess Im SOL about the trip because I dont want to risk driving my kids through the mountains while Im pregnant with a messed up transmission.

Oh and its an 07 Dodge Grand Caravan. Dont buy one they are a piece of ****....

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
June 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Oh no that's terrible!!! And Colorado is so awesome. Can you rent a car? One of those sites like hotwire usually has better deals.
June 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! That's always how it seems to work for me too, something goes wrong right after the warranty runs out. How frustrating.

June 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
**$$$Good Money Luck Vibes$$$**

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
June 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so frustrating! That does always seem to be how it works...things stop working and the warranty just ran out.
June 4th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, that always seems to happen right after a warranty runs out too. Things are not made to last anymore

Despite growing up in the heart of the auto industry, I'm not a fan of domestic vehicles. I've watched my relatives have so much trouble with thier vehicles and ours have always held up well. We own a Honda now and I couldn't be happier with it.

June 5th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm so sorry! That really sucks. I hope something turns around for you soon. HUGS!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

June 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
noworries
How frustrating. Hope you can figure something out so you can still go to Colorado. I've never heard good things about Grand Caravans. We wanted a van with the stow and go seating but didn't want to get the Grand Caravan so we looked around and ended up getting a Kia Sedona LX. It has the stow and go seating plus all the extra's and has the highest safely rating and is a good $10,000 cheaper than a Honda Oddessy.
June 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh! what horrible timing! can you call around to see if someone may be able to look at it for less? Dealerships are often the most expensive.

but good for you for not using creadit cards! I wish we had been so smart. We're just now getting close to paying them all off, and haven't used them for months. It stinks, and it is so wasteful.

June 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had an 07 chrysler town and country and we had one thing after the other start going out on us at about 40,000 miles too. Sounds like a bad year for the diamler/chrysler group.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

June 5th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Amber~*~ View Post
We had an 07 chrysler town and country and we had one thing after the other start going out on us at about 40,000 miles too. Sounds like a bad year for the diamler/chrysler group.

Thats why Im thinking they were being so rude and wanting to charge so much.

Update: I found this nice old couple that runs a transmission shop and they did a few things that they think will work. And guess what else? They did it all for FREE! So super duper nice. I feel a little more relieved cause they dont think it will be anything major. WAHOO!!

June 5th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
that is wonderful you found a place!!! Now you know where to go for everything!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 5th, 2009, 08:45 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachna View Post
That is so frustrating! That does always seem to be how it works...things stop working and the warranty just ran out.
I think they plan the warranties that way so they aren't out anything...they know how long the stuff is going to last!

Anyway...I'm sorry you're having to deal with this...I hope you can figure something out!

Oh I guess you did! (If I would only read through all the comments before I posted...) So do you get to go on your trip?!

June 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes Im still going to Colorado!! Hooray!! Im so excited!

June 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! that's awesome you found a place to fixi t!

June 9th, 2009, 05:27 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
where are you going? Although you could be gone now. I love Colorado so much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search