Early Labor

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Navykay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Popping in with another question for you ladies! I got checked at my 37 week appt on Tuesday and was 1cm dilated, shortening and softening. That night I had a huge glob of bloody CM, followed by more globs yesterday. I'm assuming that was my mucus plug, or at least parts of it. I started noticing that my BH contractions were seeming a bit more powerful and regular last night, so I started timing them and found they were staying between 10 and 20 minutes apart. Last night they woke me up and were 9 minutes apart causing my back to ache. This morning they were 20 minutes apart, so I went for a walk to test things out and they jumped to 5 minutes apart on average! Since the walk, they seemed to have settled in to around 10 minutes apart.

All this is to say that I know it's early labor, but how long can I expect this stage to last? Could this go on for days or should I be ready for the real deal to start tonight/tomorrow? My son was born early via emergency CS, so I'm a total novice with all of this!

Last edited by Navykay; June 4th, 2009 at 04:48 PM.
June 4th, 2009, 05:53 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know Hun, it could probably go either way. But I hope for your sake it means baby will be here soon. Can't wait to read your birth story. Hang in there!
June 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I have heard that it can go for days and other woman its a sign of the next day kidna thing.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 4th, 2009, 07:27 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When my mucos plug broke with both I was in labor labor shortly after. I labored like that at home for several hours both time. It could last awhile, it could be faster, it depends on you. Good luck!
June 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Navykay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They're still coming steady at 10 minutes apart, but they don't hurt. Mildly uncomfortable and cause some shortness in breath. We'll see where this goes!!! Looks like there is no real definitive answer as to how long this could last.

June 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
.adi.
all I have to say is good luck! I never had a contraction until I was for sure in labor with Marcus so I don't know what to tell you. Hope she comes soon tho!
June 4th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There's no way to tell, you'll just have to see how things play out. I started to lose my mucous plug almost 4 weeks before I had her, and would have periods of steady contractions for the weeks leading up to it. Once the contractions start to get more painful, you can be pretty sure things are on thier way!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

June 4th, 2009, 08:36 PM
liveandlove0725's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't have any info to add - just wanted to say I'm excited your day is coming soon!!
June 4th, 2009, 08:37 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
There really isn't a set way things go. You can lose your mucus plug weeks before labor. BH's are a good sign of your body getting ready, but doesn't mean real labor is close. Hang in there!
June 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like it could be some early labor signs, but it could also be prodromal labor- that is to say a practice labor that gets closer at times, spaces out some times, but doesn't really get stronger or longer in length. It could be weeks, but it could be really soon! either way your body is gearing up for a wonderful VBAC! You can do it mama!!!!

June 5th, 2009, 02:21 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No way to tell. I lost my mucus plug at 35 weeks and didn't have DS until 39 weeks. I was also 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced at 37 weeks. You could pop nor or it could be a little while. Hope your little one makes their appearance soon!

June 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Snow Mami
Ohh exciting!

I never lost my mucus plug but had contratcions (10-15 min apart) for about 2 weeks before DD was born. Then my water broke
June 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup, it could go either way.

I have noticed from reading other VBAC birth stories, that prodromal labor is very common. Which means you could have a few days to even week of this. I did with my VBACS, but for two of them my active labor was very short, so I thought it was worth it!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my labor, the day before I went into labor I had some B&H that were a lot stronger. I drank tons of water and stayed off my feet, and they were on average 7 minutes apart. That night at 3 am I went into labor. It could be soon, but everyone's body is different.

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search