I have a dumb question

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM
noworries
So I have rented a birthing tub for this birth (I know it's still a ways off but we already paid our midwives up front for the total cost of everything). I don't know yet if I will birth in it or just labor in it (I think this will probably be a heat of the moment decision). Anyway, my question is, how do you drain the tub after you use it?
I asked this in the homebirth board but it's so slow over there and I know some of you ladies will be able to answer this.
June 5th, 2009, 11:15 AM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Mostly you just take it out in the back yard and dump it.. lol. Last year when I was co-host of the Home Birth board this was pretty much the general consensus.

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
June 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM
noworries
But how do you get it out to the yard....is it small enough when filled to get it out a door?
June 5th, 2009, 12:12 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your midwives might drain it for you with the help of your hubby. Not sure how though.
June 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow.. that seems like a horrible amount of work, to dump it every time! We siphon it out with the hose, and it works really well and is easy. It either goes in the yard or into the toilot. If you need a better expanation on this just let me know.

We had to dump with buckets at one birth b/c the hose got a big crack, and it was terrible!

some midwives also have subpumps, which are awesome- so easy. We only use them at the birth center though, b/c it is heavy and tough to clean in their house.

June 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM
noworries
I think I'm just gonna have to ask my midwives.
June 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chispaza View Post
I think I'm just gonna have to ask my midwives.
Yeah hopefully they will just take care of it for you...

We had a big fish tank and we had to put one end of the hose in it and the other end out in the yard to drain it. So maybe thats what they do. (What Cheryl was saying).

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search